January 21, 2020, 08:34:57 AM

Author Topic: VAR  (Read 7420 times)

December 30, 2019, 01:57:50 AM
Reply #60

Mac934

I see LiVARpool had the decisions go there way as per usual again today. This whole VAR thing is beyond a joke. I can't believe the officialdom have said it could take three! THREE years to get it right! Sack Riley now and get the decisions made by the ref at pitch side, maybe then we will see common sense, but I doubt it.

December 30, 2019, 02:10:50 AM
Reply #61

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
They got it right in the World Cup. Why can’t they just copy that? Really shouldn’t take very long to sort out.

I’d prefer to jib it totally to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

December 30, 2019, 02:40:58 AM
Reply #62

Lazarou

It's implementation in the PL is horrible, I wish they would just sack it off. It's causing more problems than it solves, and because it should be infallible it makes the current situation even worse.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Truth is like poetry. And most people hate poetry.

December 30, 2019, 02:44:18 AM
Reply #63

Shogun

Administrator
They just need to fuck off with this lot at Stockley Park making the decisions.

If there's a mistake have them indicate to the referee he might need to change a decision and send him to check the screen for himself. That includes offside but he only sees a replay rather than these drawn on lines.
Finally found the thread where I said Deulofeu wasn't all that.

We will see in a few years where he is at. I'm betting he'll be at a worse club than Everton rather than at Barcelona.

Currently at Watford.

December 30, 2019, 04:58:08 AM
Reply #64

Mac934

Today's disallowed goals makes it 30 scratched off this season already. I wonder how many more it will take to realise they have fucked up totally and sort it out. How many managers will lose jobs due to VAR decisions or aided by those decisions, points lost, games lost, even relegation or euro places missed because off VAR. Will Riley admit to any more 'errors' made by VAR?
In theory, if Riley admits to VAR errors that cost teams points and serious implications occur, could a club or manager sue the authorities if they lost their job or the club was relegated because of it? I wonder.

December 30, 2019, 05:18:47 AM
Reply #65

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Today's disallowed goals makes it 30 scratched off this season already. I wonder how many more it will take to realise they have fucked up totally and sort it out. How many managers will lose jobs due to VAR decisions or aided by those decisions, points lost, games lost, even relegation or euro places missed because off VAR. Will Riley admit to any more 'errors' made by VAR?
In theory, if Riley admits to VAR errors that cost teams points and serious implications occur, could a club or manager sue the authorities if they lost their job or the club was relegated because of it? I wonder.
I hope Silva sues and the Prem takes over the rest of his payoff for us...

“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

December 30, 2019, 10:21:28 AM
Reply #66

Omar

I hope Silva sues and the Prem takes over the rest of his payoff for us...

To be fair, he did get the shit end of the stick on some pretty important decisions.
You come at the king, you best not miss.

December 30, 2019, 01:09:47 PM
Reply #67

Simon Paul

Administrator
Have Spain Germany or Italy had the same issues we have?

December 30, 2019, 04:14:31 PM
Reply #68

Bally

Administrator
They just need to fuck off with this lot at Stockley Park making the decisions.

If there's a mistake have them indicate to the referee he might need to change a decision and send him to check the screen for himself. That includes offside but he only sees a replay rather than these drawn on lines.
The Australian league have it pretty much spot on and have mics on so it's recorded then do interviews with the ref

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

It's the roll I way

December 30, 2019, 05:22:12 PM
Reply #69

Jamokachi

The Australian league have it pretty much spot on and have mics on so it's recorded then do interviews with the ref

It's taken a good 3 years to get here though. If you think the EPL is a shambles this year you should have seen the A-League when it was introduced. I remember waiting 6 minutes for a decision once, with no offer of an explanation as to what was going on. It was bonkers.

December 30, 2019, 06:52:04 PM
Reply #70

Bally

Administrator
It's taken a good 3 years to get here though. If you think the EPL is a shambles this year you should have seen the A-League when it was introduced. I remember waiting 6 minutes for a decision once, with no offer of an explanation as to what was going on. It was bonkers.
But they have it now, EPL can surely work that model in during the close season I mens there is only the European Championship they have to practice in

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

It's the roll I way

December 30, 2019, 07:09:43 PM
Reply #71

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
To be fair, he did get the shit end of the stick on some pretty important decisions.

He did and I am so glad of that too.