November 24, 2017, 12:46:44 AM

Author Topic: West Brom vs Everton  (Read 14457 times)

August 18, 2016, 05:05:17 AM
Read 14457 times

Bluedylan

In the absence of Shogs' infinitely sexier match threads that contain actual graphics and are well written and researched (which he assures me will return in time, once his lappie is sorted out), might as well get the match thread going for this one.

Nice to have another Saturday 3pm game. The opponents got off to a good start with a 1-0 win at Palace, and they will see it as a chance to get 6pts on the board, while we're still finding our feet under the new manager. Rondon looked a bit of a handful on the brief highlights I saw, and they went with 2 up top. Having said that, they have got some first team players that the lids might accurately describe as 'pyar shite'.

Difficult to predict our starting line-up and formation. Do we stick with 3 at the back or do we go to a more conventional 4-3-3 (or the dreaded 4-2-3-1)?

So if it's a 3-5-2, maybe this:

Stekelenburg
            Jags   Williams  Mori
McCarthy                             Baines
             Gana  Barry  Barkley

Del/Bolasie
                                Lukaku

And if it's a 4-3-3, maybe this:

Stekelenburg
Holgate   Jags   Williams    Baines
                    Barry
             Gana     Barkley
Deulofeu                        Bolasie/Kev
                   Lukaku

If I had to guess, I'd say it was more likely that we'll stick with the 3-5-2 for now, because it worked well, because we're away from home and because we'll have additional pace in the side with Big Rom and Bolasie.

As for West Brom and Pulis, well let's not dress it up - they're boring as fuck and fairly shite, but occasionally effective, aren't they?

This is how they lined up last week:

Foster
Dawson  McCauley  Olsson    Evans

Phillips    Fletcher    Yacob    Gardner

Rondon   Berahino

What do we reckon then lads and lasses? Be lovely to get our first win on the board. Be nice to have Big Rom back, assuming he's fit, and hopefully get a look at Williams and Bolasie.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

August 18, 2016, 05:10:57 AM
Reply #1

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Lukau hattrick.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

August 18, 2016, 05:18:41 AM
Reply #2

Cozzie

Looking forward to this. Feel really optimistic.

Also I always prefer playing West Brom at their place than at ours.

Don't reckon Bolasie will start the game but Williams will.

Formation is a tricky one. Koeman sets up depending on the opponent so who knows.

Reckon we will win. Wont be easy as West Brom never is but we will scrape it.

August 18, 2016, 05:24:32 AM
Reply #3

Gash

Global Moderator
In the absence of Shogs' infinitely sexier match threads that contain actual graphics and are well written and researched (which he assures me will return in time, once his lappie is sorted out), might as well get the match thread going for this one.

Nice to have another Saturday 3pm game. The opponents got off to a good start with a 1-0 win at Palace, and they will see it as a chance to get 6pts on the board, while we're still finding our feet under the new manager. Rondon looked a bit of a handful on the brief highlights I saw, and they went with 2 up top. Having said that, they have got some first team players that the lids might accurately describe as 'pyar shite'.

Difficult to predict our starting line-up and formation. Do we stick with 3 at the back or do we go to a more conventional 4-3-3 (or the dreaded 4-2-3-1)?

Stekelenburg
            Jags   Williams  Mori
             Gana  Barry  Barkley

Del/Bolasie
                                Lukaku

Stekelenburg
                    Barry
             Gana     Barkley
                   Lukaku

If I had to guess, I'd say it was more likely that we'll stick with the 3-5-2 for now, because it worked well, because we're away from home and because we'll have additional pace in the side with Big Rom and Bolasie.

As for West Brom and Pulis, well let's not dress it up - they're boring as fuck and fairly shite, but occasionally effective, aren't they?

Foster

Rondon   Berahino

What do we reckon then lads and lasses? Be lovely to get our first win on the board. Be nice to have Big Rom back, assuming he's fit, and hopefully get a look at Williams and Bolasie.

You're hired.

August 18, 2016, 05:51:51 AM
Reply #4

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Did I see Rondon linked with a move to Barcelona or was it some sort of freaky dream?!

He is a good striker so we will have to look out for him. Hopefully we will have too much for them and can get our first win of the Koeman era
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

August 18, 2016, 05:51:56 AM
Reply #5

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I would of done it Wiki style

Let everyone add to the OP till it's nicely fleshed out.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

August 18, 2016, 06:03:28 AM
Reply #6

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
cant wait for this one. Hope to get a look at the new lads. Think we will win 3-1
I have to return some videotapes.

August 18, 2016, 06:11:48 AM
Reply #7

Gash

Global Moderator
Lukau hattrick.

I think Deolafou will get a couple.

August 18, 2016, 06:12:19 AM
Reply #8

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I think Deolafou will get a couple.

As will Mirallas.

August 18, 2016, 08:04:12 AM
Reply #9

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
As will Mirallas.

Not sure if you spelt that correctly?
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

August 18, 2016, 08:27:43 AM
Reply #10

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

August 18, 2016, 08:37:20 AM
Reply #11

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
?

With all the spellings on here of all the players, i am not sure how to spell any of their names
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 08:37:33 AM by Confucius »

August 18, 2016, 09:43:28 AM
Reply #12

Evertonian in NC

Stekelenburg
            Jags   Williams  Mori
             Gana  Barry  Barkley

Del/Bolasie
                                Lukaku

Stekelenburg
                    Barry
             Gana     Barkley
                   Lukaku

Foster

Rondon   Berahino

Dunno about everyone else, but that 3-5-2 looks sexy as fuck to me.  Especially if we do it RIGHT, tell Bolasie and Deulofeu they each have a half, so go balls to the wall for 45 and leave nothing in reserve.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

August 18, 2016, 10:13:14 AM
Reply #13

howard1334

I think Koeman likes Mirallas. With Lukaku back, and Koeman seeing Deulofeu as a striker, I can see him going with Kev over Gerry on the right, while starting Bolasie on the left.

August 18, 2016, 12:05:02 PM
Reply #14

t2487

Two one to the blues.