November 18, 2017, 02:39:38 PM

Author Topic: West Brom vs Everton  (Read 14249 times)

August 18, 2016, 01:54:34 PM
Reply #15

GrantyBoy78

What a bunch of fucking cloggers they are. Organised, but very average. Even at this early stage of Koeman's tenure, I'd expect us to beat these lot. Think Ron will learn a lot about his team and certain individuals on Saturday.

August 18, 2016, 02:32:18 PM
Reply #16

Alanvideo

I expect us to beat WBA quite comfortably now that the goal threat of Victor Ancihebe has been removed .
We are special ,we are Everton.

August 18, 2016, 02:35:54 PM
Reply #17

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Did I see Rondon linked with a move to Barcelona or was it some sort of freaky dream?!

He is a good striker so we will have to look out for him. Hopefully we will have too much for them and can get our first win of the Koeman era
BBC gossip page yesterday I think

Simply simply lovely

August 18, 2016, 02:37:13 PM
Reply #18

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I imagine he will stick with 343
Williams in for Holgate

Bolaisie and Lukaku on the bench..... Options

Simply simply lovely

August 18, 2016, 02:43:37 PM
Reply #19

Macca77

Urgh hate games against Pulis teams, will be an uglier than fat bird you met the other week, you know when you were pissed and fancied a fuck, you instantly regretted it afterwards and gave her a blag phone number.

August 18, 2016, 02:50:20 PM
Reply #20

Django

NSNO Subscriber
Always a tough game against them away. Would expect to see Williams in for Holgate.

Can't see Bolasie starting, would imagine there'd be just the one change from the Spurs game.

If we get out of the blocks the way we did against Spurs and can maintain it for more than 60 mins then we should pick up a win.

August 18, 2016, 03:17:47 PM
Reply #21

TheTone

we really fucked them over in this game last year, they were battering us before Rom and Del caught fire

not going to be easy this

August 18, 2016, 03:33:17 PM
Reply #22

Hannibal Lecter

In the absence of Shogs' infinitely sexier match threads that contain actual graphics and are well written and researched (which he assures me will return in time, once his lappie is sorted out), might as well get the match thread going for this one.

Nice to have another Saturday 3pm game. The opponents got off to a good start with a 1-0 win at Palace, and they will see it as a chance to get 6pts on the board, while we're still finding our feet under the new manager. Rondon looked a bit of a handful on the brief highlights I saw, and they went with 2 up top. Having said that, they have got some first team players that the lids might accurately describe as 'pyar shite'.

Difficult to predict our starting line-up and formation. Do we stick with 3 at the back or do we go to a more conventional 4-3-3 (or the dreaded 4-2-3-1)?

So if it's a 3-5-2, maybe this:

Stekelenburg
            Jags   Williams  Mori
McCarthy                             Baines
             Gana  Barry  Barkley

Del/Bolasie
                                Lukaku

And if it's a 4-3-3, maybe this:

Stekelenburg
Holgate   Jags   Williams    Baines
                    Barry
             Gana     Barkley
Deulofeu                        Bolasie/Kev
                   Lukaku

If I had to guess, I'd say it was more likely that we'll stick with the 3-5-2 for now, because it worked well, because we're away from home and because we'll have additional pace in the side with Big Rom and Bolasie.

As for West Brom and Pulis, well let's not dress it up - they're boring as fuck and fairly shite, but occasionally effective, aren't they?

This is how they lined up last week:

Foster
Dawson  McCauley  Olsson    Evans

Phillips    Fletcher    Yacob    Gardner

Rondon   Berahino

What do we reckon then lads and lasses? Be lovely to get our first win on the board. Be nice to have Big Rom back, assuming he's fit, and hopefully get a look at Williams and Bolasie.
Strange. I was going to writ some sarcastic comment about us not giving WBA any advantages from start as your 4-3-3 formation didn't include more than ten players. So I press quote and up pops Barry in the formation...
But an invisible player would be great! Hope Barry get to keep that role!
Jönköpings Södra IF

August 18, 2016, 05:36:12 PM
Reply #23

everton1952

Anichibe gets a mention above. It reminds me that,OK we fucked up badly on Niasse, but just think we got £8m for Victor, £8m for Naismith, £12M? for Rodwell, probably one or more I  forget amongst the players we sold on who never really made it later. It puts Niasse into perspective, swings and roundabouts and all that.

August 18, 2016, 05:51:57 PM
Reply #24

Alanvideo

Anichibe gets a mention above. It reminds me that,OK we fucked up badly on Niasse, but just think we got £8m for Victor, £8m for Naismith, £12M? for Rodwell, probably one or more I  forget amongst the players we sold on who never really made it later. It puts Niasse into perspective, swings and roundabouts and all that.
...............disappointed for Big Vic but he gets a scathing report in the local rag. Disinterested ,lethargic etc. ,
We are special ,we are Everton.

August 18, 2016, 06:32:58 PM
Reply #25

Shogun

Administrator
I know it's only West Brom and we've had a number of wins at their place in recent years but I'll feel a lot more optimistic about things if we can come away from this with a comfortable win.

We have a fairly kind run of fixtures coming up and the point against Spurs was more than decent but if we struggle here then I can't help but think we've got a few frustrating weeks to come.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

August 18, 2016, 06:41:47 PM
Reply #26

Robioto

Should be beating these, but I think it will be similar to the Spurs game, go 1-0 up tire and end up drawing 1-1.

August 18, 2016, 06:55:32 PM
Reply #27

hill135

We'll stick with the 3-5-2 I reckon as they will play two up front.

August 18, 2016, 08:01:58 PM
Reply #28

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I have to return some videotapes.

August 18, 2016, 08:04:05 PM
Reply #29

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Think we'll line up like this:

Hart

Jags  Williams  Fori

Gana  Barry

Mata  Barkley  Rodriguez  Yala

Lukaku
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 08:04:54 PM by blargins »
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney