December 13, 2018, 10:23:59 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Yeovil  (Read 23257 times)

August 23, 2016, 05:59:46 PM
Read 23257 times

Lxxx

Two things he said in that interview, struck me in particular. '“I like to win every competition and we will take it very seriously,” Koeman said. Nothing about cup runs and nonsense. Just plain basic statements about winning competitions right from the off.

“They are in the recovery period and need to work hard,” Koeman explained. “The injury to Mo is longer-term than it is for Pennington, but both are working hard, both are in every day and they are seeing the other players.” Does this signify that Martinez kept injured players segregated from the squad? What were Martinez's words? 'They are back in the group'. All geared to keeping people integrated within the main squad? Plain and simple from Koeman and above all common sense.

I think in every interview he mentions 'working hard' or some variation of. I get the impression he's a proper hard taskmaster so we should start to reap the benefits second half of the season then instead of Martinez's soft start so they were fresh at the end, when in reality they never actually got going.

August 24, 2016, 05:44:24 AM
Reply #1

Lxxx

Thought Kone looked fitter tonight than he has done in 3 years. Let's give these boys till January under a proper manager with a proper fitness coach and I'm positive every single one of them will have more to offer than what they showed last season.
We'll still need some quality additions though like but fitness and confidence can make a world of difference.