December 16, 2018, 02:58:34 AM

Author Topic: England Team Thread (Yes I'm Not Keen On The National Team Either)  (Read 25706 times)

October 04, 2018, 08:42:51 PM
Reply #300

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
James Maddison, Jadon Sancho and Mason Mount named in the squad, Barkley recalled as well.
Mason Mount is a heavy shout
Simply simply lovely

October 04, 2018, 09:23:30 PM
Reply #301

Shogun

Administrator
Honestly, are Southgate and Welbeck an item or something?

How does he get in ahead of Walcott (and others).
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

October 04, 2018, 11:02:21 PM
Reply #302

Simon Paul

Administrator
Jadon Sancho picked on pressure from the media alone. No chance he's seen enough of him. Chalaboa not started a game all season. Mount on loan at Derby. Barkley playing shit, but for Chelsea. And Maddison dropped from Leicester as soon as Vardy scores against us.

October 05, 2018, 12:59:53 AM
Reply #303

WeimaranerBlues

should be using some  more of u23 lads,  some bad call ups-  Harry Winks :headbang: , Just shows the state the English game is in at present

October 05, 2018, 05:20:09 PM
Reply #304

gizzblue

Southgate looked to come in and play his own players based on merit ...didn't take him long to roll over for the fa .... just another yes man who won't win fuck all .
Born not made a blue .

October 05, 2018, 05:23:09 PM
Reply #305

Bluedylan

Not sure what he's getting stick for. Sancho, Mount and Maddison all deserve their call ups, and it's very encouraging that they're been given one. Harry Winks is a really good player.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 05, 2018, 06:01:53 PM
Reply #306

gizzblue

Not sure what he's getting stick for. Sancho, Mount and Maddison all deserve their call ups, and it's very encouraging that they're been given one. Harry Winks is a really good player.

Tbh  it's more the Wellbeck ,Barkeley, Danny Rose even Ashley youngs ,Dominic Solanke's  it's not progressive using top six subs ...yeah the three you mentioned all deserve a call up and I truly hope they hit the ground running or he will revert to type .
Born not made a blue .

October 05, 2018, 06:23:41 PM
Reply #307

Bluedylan

Tbh  it's more the Wellbeck ,Barkeley, Danny Rose even Ashley youngs ,Dominic Solanke's  it's not progressive using top six subs ...yeah the three you mentioned all deserve a call up and I truly hope they hit the ground running or he will revert to type .

We haven't got that many people to choose from. Barkley's getting games for Chelsea, so probably deserves a chance. Danny Rose is a really good player. Wellbeck and Solanke are more surprising, but again, there's not loads of forward options.

He's barely put a foot wrong, with a very limited pool of players, so reverting to type seems like a harsh and inaccurate criticism.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 05, 2018, 06:57:07 PM
Reply #308

Shogun

Administrator
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

October 05, 2018, 07:48:36 PM
Reply #309

gizzblue

We haven't got that many people to choose from. Barkley's getting games for Chelsea, so probably deserves a chance. Danny Rose is a really good player. Wellbeck and Solanke are more surprising, but again, there's not loads of forward options.

He's barely put a foot wrong, with a very limited pool of players, so reverting to type seems like a harsh and inaccurate criticism.

Lack of attacking options in the world cup squad was a massive flaw ,he proved if Harry Kane is shit or injured we were fucked .

Truly hope I'm wrong about him moving to the euro's but I won't be holding my breath .
Born not made a blue .

October 06, 2018, 01:19:52 AM
Reply #310

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
4 keepers is unnecessary though

Even said Joe Hart could come back into the mix too. Bizarre.

October 06, 2018, 01:25:23 AM
Reply #311

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I don't mind Southgate, but I wish the FA would stop offering these long contracts to managers when they've done very little to earn it.

It's not like there is any danger of Southgate getting poached by Man Utd or some such.

October 06, 2018, 01:45:32 AM
Reply #312

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I don't mind Southgate, but I wish the FA would stop offering these long contracts to managers when they've done very little to earn it.

It's not like there is any danger of Southgate getting poached by Man Utd or some such.

Yes one decent tournament with a favourable draw and suddenly itís a contract for the next 2 tournaments on top.

October 06, 2018, 03:36:03 AM
Reply #313

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Yes one decent tournament with a favourable draw and suddenly itís a contract for the next 2 tournaments on top.

Purely looking at the results of the tournament, there was really nothing to write home about. We beat the teams that were worse than us, in the 50/50 ish games (Colombia, Croatia) it was a mixed bag (as you might expect) and we lost against the better teams. You could argue this is a reward for development behind the scenes but that should still be balanced against actual results.

He should just have a 1 year rolling contract or some such.

October 13, 2018, 06:21:14 AM
Reply #314

gizzblue

Fucking snorefest of a game ....neither team looked that arsed tbh ... big shout to Rashfird for missing two clear sitters ,Sterling for not really showing up and oh dear Ross never grabbed the opportunity. ...although it was shite all round to be fair .

Harry Kane could be England's answer to Lukaku ...fucking nowhere against the better teams .
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 06:24:17 AM by gizzblue »
Born not made a blue .