November 21, 2017, 12:29:54 PM

Author Topic: Regardless of result today...  (Read 3595 times)

January 02, 2010, 11:14:44 PM
Reply #15

M.Fellaini 25_Iggzy_1878_

No-one will say that because we won 3-1!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.usIggzy1989 and Kazza1878 on a never ending Tour!

deCoubertin

January 02, 2010, 11:38:40 PM
Reply #16

Connavar

This argument constantly goes in circles and we always come back to the fact that there is no one good enough out there that would come in and replace Moyes!

January 02, 2010, 11:46:47 PM
Reply #17

Ridge

This argument constantly goes in circles and we always come back to the fact that there is no one good enough out there that would come in and replace Moyes!
That was until Megson became available.

January 03, 2010, 12:03:41 AM
Reply #18

charlatan

I've been banging this drum for about 4 years.  Embarrassing that with a full strength side

January 03, 2010, 12:07:20 AM
Reply #19

Thom

Administrator
The bit that really got the crowd riled against the players, I thought, was when Cahill played a long ball up to Vaughan on about 70 minutes. Vaughan was absolutely shattered by this point and trying to get him to run onto a long ball was just a stupid decision to make.

When we got the ball down we did play a couple of little good moves, but it wasn't enough. I think we missed someone like Osman in the middle to dictate the play as Neville and Fellaini were too similar in the roles they performed today.

January 03, 2010, 12:36:12 AM
Reply #20

timloid

Regrettably so many posts are from folk who just love to grumble. CPLeigh, you are just such a one.

Blame Moyes for telling his players to 'hoof the ball'. Are you bonkers? The only reason they do so is generally time or can't find a player from their own teaam in a position where he can pass the ball safely.

I sometimes wonder if such critics ever played the game. Conditions were not ideal, our team is a bit of a hotch potch at the moment, the defence is sound but not that accustomed to one anothers play. Remember last season, the back line was generally something like Hibbert, Jagielka, Lescott and Baines and played together, after a shaky start, till the injuries started to take their toll. 

To describe Heitinga as a 'hoofer' defies belief. He is a good passer of the ball over a distance, many is the occasions I have seen him deliver a ball to Bily when he plays left wing. Trouble is, they need lots of time to gell and I don't think to date, the practices have done the trick.

Try and think positively, it will improve your enjoyment of the game, believe me.
Born a 'BLUE'

January 03, 2010, 12:39:59 AM
Reply #21

Gary Iceman

some people were sayin they want us to play football like burnley..well they have played one more game than us and we are 2 points better off. i would rather these people who keep cryin to be quiet,stop fucking moanin. change the record ffs
Alan Harper: "I made my debut at Goodison against Stoke and was standing in the tunnel waiting to go onto the pitch. Z cars started playing on the PA and I heard the crowd roar. If I could bottle a moment and save it forever, then that would be it.

January 03, 2010, 12:51:08 AM
Reply #22

.Rimbo.

Regrettably so many posts are from folk who just love to grumble. CPLeigh, you are just such a one.

Blame Moyes for telling his players to 'hoof the ball'. Are you bonkers? The only reason they do so is generally time or can't find a player from their own teaam in a position where he can pass the ball safely.

I sometimes wonder if such critics ever played the game. Conditions were not ideal, our team is a bit of a hotch potch at the moment, the defence is sound but not that accustomed to one anothers play. Remember last season, the back line was generally something like Hibbert, Jagielka, Lescott and Baines and played together, after a shaky start, till the injuries started to take their toll. 

To describe Heitinga as a 'hoofer' defies belief. He is a good passer of the ball over a distance, many is the occasions I have seen him deliver a ball to Bily when he plays left wing. Trouble is, they need lots of time to gell and I don't think to date, the practices have done the trick.

Try and think positively, it will improve your enjoyment of the game, believe me.

Honestly though mate, this is just one thing I don't like about football forums. Most users are set in their ways when it comes to their opinions and will not change them regardless of how much discussion takes place. Of course, you think Moyes is a great manager so you will defend him to the hilt, and I go the other way. Before I start though, I will tell you that I have played the game a lot in my lifetime, I understand the movement, the tactics, the understanding and whatever else.

You say that there isn't a player there to pass to, but why not?! Moyes spends every week with them and is getting paid a hell of a lot of cheddar to sort problems out. All you have to do is say to the player, when the defence has possession of the football, Felli/Neville/Osman/Rodwell whoever, you come deep and you take the football off them. If you tell them constantly, and in match play they don't do it, you're on the touchline screaming at them to drop deep to collect the ball. But I never see Moyes screaming. It's that simple really.

Why weren't conditions ideal? We were playing a lower-level team at our own ground. It might have been an ickle cold and the players may have to wear their ickle gloves. And okay, we have a lot of injuries but the players that are in are getting paid dead presidents to perform. That's their job. And we've just been outplayed by a team that's further down in the hierarchy, with players that are getting paid nowhere near as much. So you can make excuses, but it's their job and it's Moyes' job. There's no hiding places really. Well, not against opposition like that.

So you can come up with excuses like "injuries" and blah de blah, but you see one thing I see another. I just don't believe Moyes wants us to play that much football. Soz.