January 20, 2020, 10:07:07 AM

Author Topic: [News]" I want to play,' – Everton Defender Speaks Out On Everton Future  (Read 791 times)

January 15, 2020, 03:24:25 AM
Read 791 times

NewsBot

Global Moderator
" I want to play,' – Everton Defender Speaks Out On Everton Future

Jonjoe Kenny has been enjoying life in Germany and has thrived whilst playing regularly for David Wagner's Schalke side.

Source: " I want to play,' – Everton Defender Speaks Out On Everton Future

January 15, 2020, 03:32:42 AM
Reply #1

Thornton_19

I hope we do give him a chance after his performances for Schalke.

It would save us a lot of money on both the contract and having to sign another player.

January 15, 2020, 03:41:37 AM
Reply #2

Waltzer

Difficult one, he didn't look great last season when he had chances, but has looked decent over there, so maybe he has improved, or is it just that it's an easier league? We need something as Coleman looks like he's never going to get back to where he was and Sidebe either looks world class 50% of the time or pretty poor for the rest, not much inbetween.
Wouldn't be against giving Kenny a shot as it's hard to argue he hasn't gone away and given it a shot and done enough to earn it.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

January 15, 2020, 03:49:32 AM
Reply #3

YankeeBlue214

Coleman is signed thru '22 I believe, so he's the back-up RB. Way I see it, it's either bring Kenny back and basically give him the starting job to lose, or sell him & buy Sidibe at the agreed cheap cost. I can't see the logic in spending any money on RB given our glaring needs elsewhere.

Haven't checked in a couple weeks, but Sidibe was outperforming Kenny in every single offensive/defensive metric (albeit not by much, except tackles).

The other thing that'd be weird to me is what if Schalke qualifies for Europe, or even the CL? They're currently 5th only missing 4th by goal diff. Should they, wouldn't he want to still be on that team?
~Nil Satis Nisi Optimum for life (well, for however long is left)~

Bit embarrassing how many threads say "Last post by YankeeBlue214."

January 15, 2020, 04:20:44 AM
Reply #4

Toddacelli

Coleman is signed thru '22 I believe, so he's the back-up RB. Way I see it, it's either bring Kenny back and basically give him the starting job to lose, or sell him & buy Sidibe at the agreed cheap cost. I can't see the logic in spending any money on RB given our glaring needs elsewhere.

Haven't checked in a couple weeks, but Sidibe was outperforming Kenny in every single offensive/defensive metric (albeit not by much, except tackles).

The other thing that'd be weird to me is what if Schalke qualifies for Europe, or even the CL? They're currently 5th only missing 4th by goal diff. Should they, wouldn't he want to still be on that team?

I think if they do qualify, and they still want him, and he wants to be a part of it (he'd be mad not to), I think it makes great sense to extend his loan if we can.

He'd be getting great experience and we'd be getting a CL player back off loan. Sidibe, Coleman and Holgate can manage another season, like.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

January 15, 2020, 04:28:23 AM
Reply #5

YankeeBlue214

I think if they do qualify, and they still want him, and he wants to be a part of it (he'd be mad not to), I think it makes great sense to extend his loan if we can.

He'd be getting great experience and we'd be getting a CL player back off loan. Sidibe, Coleman and Holgate can manage another season, like.

What about a sale with a buy back clause? Sort of a kick-the-can-down-the-road in terms of our cost. And the selling price would IMO outweigh Sidibe's agreed purchase price, and would be a short-term wash at worst.

January 15, 2020, 04:49:55 AM
Reply #6

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Be gutted if we end up selling Kenny to buy sidibe
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 15, 2020, 05:29:04 AM
Reply #7

YankeeBlue214

Be gutted if we end up selling Kenny to buy sidibe

Well we wouldn't if we deem him good enough to come back & start. Or at least, I wouldn't think we would.

January 15, 2020, 01:58:01 PM
Reply #8

Morta75

Give the lad a chance next year. Good pre season and as stated before, it's his Place to loose. Coleman back up. Worst case we also have holgate to fill inn on that position.

January 15, 2020, 02:09:37 PM
Reply #9

GrantyBoy78

Said before that unless Kenny has become quicker and stronger over the last year, hes not right for this league.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

January 15, 2020, 02:53:12 PM
Reply #10

ajax_andy

Said before that unless Kenny has become quicker and stronger over the last year, hes not right for this league.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

Maybe regular game time has improved him though? I think a lot have changed their opinion on DCL purely due to his development this season through game time and coaching... Maybe Kenny is the same, after all he's still only 22 and learning the game.

I haven't seen him play this season so maybe I'm wrong, but don't think we should write him off just yet

January 15, 2020, 03:57:38 PM
Reply #11

mikey_blue

Give him another year on loan. 🤷‍♂️ Its not like were desperate for him.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 04:00:08 PM by mikey_blue »

January 15, 2020, 04:27:15 PM
Reply #12

Lxxx

Shows the benefit of using the loan system correctly. Our record of sending lads out on loan to unsuitable teams only for them to come back and sit in the U-23's has been shockingly bad over the years.

We can only imagine where Davies would have been in his development if he'd gone for a full season in the Bundesliga last year for example. Or Holgate who was sat on the bench at West Brom.

January 15, 2020, 04:32:00 PM
Reply #13

Waltzer

Shows the benefit of using the loan system correctly. Our record of sending lads out on loan to unsuitable teams only for them to come back and sit in the U-23's has been shockingly bad over the years.

We can only imagine where Davies would have been in his development if he'd gone for a full season in the Bundesliga last year for example. Or Holgate who was sat on the bench at West Brom.
I don't think it's as simply as that, you also have to give credit to JJK for taking the opportunity presented to him, maybe we have the players mentioned the right opportunity, they just didn't take it? In hindsight Dowel going to Derby was a bad move, but at the time I thought it looked good and gave him the opportunity to develop.
Transfers, like loans can succeed or fail, I'm unsure if there is a magic formula or more the players ability to adapt and take the chance that's presented?

January 16, 2020, 03:44:42 AM
Reply #14

Toddacelli

I don't think it's as simply as that, you also have to give credit to JJK for taking the opportunity presented to him, maybe we have the players mentioned the right opportunity, they just didn't take it? In hindsight Dowel going to Derby was a bad move, but at the time I thought it looked good and gave him the opportunity to develop.
Transfers, like loans can succeed or fail, I'm unsure if there is a magic formula or more the players ability to adapt and take the chance that's presented?

I think the magic is in taking the care when putting the deal together. A lot of these guys in football know each other and it's not inconceivable that there are managers/clubs that you can trust when they say "we'll play your boy as much as we can".

If there is someone who says "we're a little light in defence, we could do with more cover, but no promises" then swerve.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates