December 10, 2018, 07:43:38 PM

Author Topic: [News]Sigurdsson: I never gave up despite penalty miss  (Read 1866 times)

October 02, 2018, 06:57:49 PM
Reply #15

kramer0

Attached via understat, shots for his last two seasons, type of shot and shot location.

He outperforms his xg consistently which lines up with the Ďhes a scorer of great goalsí line - iím sure thereís actually a metric for players who score harder to score goals more regularly, 99% sure I saw a graph for that on twitter before last weekend even, will try and find it in a bit. He was in there with people like coutinho etc.

Yeah, I don't worry about his technical ability, whether it be finishing or direct passing. That's the most impressive part of his game, along with his work rate without the ball.

The concern for me is his general positioning in attack. He'd be a great player if he could get himself more opportunities to shoot or play through balls. I don't buy that this is all on his teammates. He doesn't help himself at all with his movement off the ball.

I hope he can find continue to find opportunities against sides that aren't as open as Fulham (and even Arsenal). Otherwise, he goes back to being a passenger, which is obviously a problem.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 09:07:42 PM by kramer0 »

October 02, 2018, 09:52:06 PM
Reply #16

Bluenose 91

Saw a stat going round twitter that only David Silva has created more chances than him so far this season.

October 02, 2018, 10:04:39 PM
Reply #17

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Saw a stat going round twitter that only David Silva has created more chances than him so far this season.
From open play?
Simply simply lovely

October 02, 2018, 10:06:32 PM
Reply #18

Bluenose 91

From open play?

Probably not like.

Still a decent stat all the same though considering he actually takes a bit of stick for his set piece deliveries too.

October 02, 2018, 10:14:33 PM
Reply #19

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Probably not like.

Still a decent stat all the same though considering he actually takes a bit of stick for his set piece deliveries too.
Yeah its a decent stat, think his delivery has improved this year cos we look like we actually want to attack it
Simply simply lovely

October 02, 2018, 10:14:46 PM
Reply #20

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
From open play?

No I donít believe so. Not sure how true but before Fulham Sigurdsson had ~30 premier league players above him for open play chances created this year.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 02, 2018, 10:37:06 PM
Reply #21

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Mad stat that.

Iím not having it.

October 02, 2018, 10:43:20 PM
Reply #22

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Mad stat that.

Iím not having it.

Yeah some random fella said it during a twitter argument about Sigurdsson, no idea how to check that tho. Squawka maybe if anyone can be arsed?

I remember the Paul Riley tweet with creators tho and Gylfi was very good in set pieces but dreadful open play, few weeks old that.

Plus our xg open play / xg set pieces is weighted towards set pieces heavily so really wouldnít surprise me at all, itís pretty much what people like @kramer0 have been saying for a year.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 03, 2018, 01:46:20 AM
Reply #23

van der Meyde

October 03, 2018, 04:25:26 AM
Reply #24

gizzblue

He Should ve started tonight after his two quality goals at the weekend .
Born not made a blue .

October 03, 2018, 04:31:45 AM
Reply #25

Lxxx

He Should ve started tonight after his two quality goals at the weekend .

There was a clamour to see Bernard, Lookman and Dowell so resting him was fair. We were at home and just didnít turn up, again.

October 07, 2018, 12:35:46 AM
Reply #26

Dr. Sponge

Missed the game. Seen the goal. Wow.

October 07, 2018, 07:13:14 AM
Reply #27

Martip

Class act again today. Well done lad.

December 06, 2018, 02:54:13 PM
Reply #28

TheTone

not at the races the last 2 games, I really don't know what to make out of him, frustrates me a lot