December 16, 2019, 09:28:49 AM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 490854 times)

March 21, 2017, 04:07:38 PM
Reply #1035

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
All well and good - but Anfield has just started looking into phase 2  of expansion.
Anfield road expansion got planning permission at the same time as their main stand, but they didn't want to start it until the main stand was complete and a review was done.

Long story short, they'll be playing in a 58, 800 seater stadium by the time we've built our new stadium.

(What is more interesting is that they have permission to build 8 apartments as part of the Annie Road build. I've wondered if you could attach a view of the pitch to that and charge an exorbitant amount fo annual rent as a further income stream to inflate the figures for FFP. Like Moshiri takes a pad for £1m a year or something)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 04:16:34 PM by Mick 1995 »

March 21, 2017, 04:15:58 PM
Reply #1036

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber

March 21, 2017, 04:23:27 PM
Reply #1037

Macca77

All well and good - but Anfield has just started looking into phase 2  of expansion.
Anfield road expansion got planning permission at the same time as their main stand, but they didn't want to start it until the main stand was complete and a review was done.

Long story short, they'll be playing in a 58, 800 seater stadium by the time we've built our new stadium.

(What is more interesting is that they have permission to build 8 apartments as part of the Annie Road build. I've wondered if you could attach a view of the pitch to that and charge an exorbitant amount fo annual rent as a further income stream to inflate the figures for FFP. Like Moshiri takes a pad for £1m a year or something)

They've shelved this plan haven't they? Something to do with the fans kicking off because they will have to increase ticket prices slightly once its built

March 21, 2017, 04:27:26 PM
Reply #1038

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
ah, i hadn't heard that. I know they kicked off over the main stand for that.
But as the Anfield road was guaranteed to just be general sale tickets with no corp's i thought they were made up with it.

March 21, 2017, 04:33:01 PM
Reply #1039

Alanvideo

But as the Anfield road was guaranteed to just be general sale tickets with no corp's i thought they were made up with it.
...........my kopite mate tells me it's still on and they want to raise capacity to 62,000 so they can host the Commonwealth Games.................ok.
We are special ,we are Everton.

March 21, 2017, 04:53:35 PM
Reply #1040

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

One of the directors basically said that the increased prices in the main stand that they kicked off about were going to pay for the new anfield Rd end.

Therefore currently the next Expansion isn't viable.

March 21, 2017, 04:57:22 PM
Reply #1041

Cozzie

Yeah I am sure I read somewhere the director of the shite said while the new big stand is impressive it wasn't the most financially viable option.

He was basically saying they have a limit to how much they can redevelop and expand. They have snookered themselves into staying there really.

March 21, 2017, 04:59:38 PM
Reply #1042

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Looking at what everyone else is doing / could do I think we should be going for 60,000.

There's too much worry over what the atmosphere would be like if we're averaging 53,000 say.

Barça "only" average 70k ish yet they're expanding to 100k capacity.

When Spurs is built, "if" L'pool expand and when Chelsea is redone that will mean all the other "big" clubs (plus West Ham :) ) will have 60k+ stadia.

It would be remiss to have a completely new build and position the capacity behind that level. We'd essentially be in the same position that we are now.

We're not a club that can charge huge ticket prices and we won't have 10-20k worth of corporate "customers" that would make up a capacity shortfall.

We need to have a capacity that will hold demand for big games. And this isn't our big games now - the stadium move is designed to have big games as late stages of the CL etc.

March 21, 2017, 05:23:58 PM
Reply #1043

pjk

NSNO Subscriber
The club, from what I can see, are actively promoting a new fanbase with the vastly reduced rate season tickets for under 16's. As the Everton product increases revenue streams through social media and sponsorship it will increase the fan base. Fundamental points I admit but all aimed at the common goal to increase ground level fan support. An extra ten thousand seats will not be adequate if the club is successful with their current policies of increasing the fanbase. Many new grounds have a three tier seating arrangement of which some areas are left vacant for lesser games. I think everton will follow this template.
As Tacitus said: "To plunder, butcher, steal, these things they misname empire: they make a desolation and they call it peace."

March 21, 2017, 06:06:57 PM
Reply #1044

pjk

NSNO Subscriber
The rumours and points of reference to the Stadium keep gathering pace. This is definitely happening.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Duncan Ferguson on Everton new stadium Bramley Moore docks #bramleymoore #efc #everton pic.twitter.com/QjYpue74Ju</p>&mdash; YNFA (@ynfafootball) March 21, 2017
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
As Tacitus said: "To plunder, butcher, steal, these things they misname empire: they make a desolation and they call it peace."

March 21, 2017, 07:20:19 PM
Reply #1045

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
The stage is set for what could quite possibly be the biggest let down in Everton history!and we've had our fair share!
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

March 21, 2017, 07:22:54 PM
Reply #1046

Alanvideo

The stage is set for what could quite possibly be the biggest let down in Everton history!and we've had our fair share!
.................stand by for Operation Goodison  Letdown  . nod
We are special ,we are Everton.

March 21, 2017, 07:35:14 PM
Reply #1047

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
"We've listened to the fans and noted how they have been talking about access, with that in mind we decided to go to the prestige location around a motorway. We're going to Stonebridge"

March 21, 2017, 07:53:16 PM
Reply #1048

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
I desperately want to see us go on and win things as I was lucky enough to see in the past and I'm getting older!
However,  I do get a little irritated at how many see only failure and disappointment. We've gone through financially hard times that,  but for a fightback against Wimbledon, could have seen us languishing in a lower division and disaster rather than disappointment. We have more than just survived in recent years - we have lived comfortably in the upper half of the best league in the world.
If we acknowledge that achievement a little more then it may help to dispel some of the negative feelings and make us more realistic about our place in the game and let us enjoy what we all hope is now within touching distance.
Football is about passion and taking risks so let's enjoy the sheer excitement of the moment without forever pulling it down with pessimism about what may happen. If there isn't a risk where's the sense of achievement when we 'win'?
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

March 21, 2017, 07:53:22 PM
Reply #1049

arteta4spain

Haha you're telling me!!
Are Everton going to "Everton" this then?
The only positives I see more from this than any other stadium move is the fact that The Mayor of Liverpool is "secretly" behind this and we now have strong financial backing.
I think if this fails it'll be worse than any other ground move as we haven't really got an excuse this time around. Can't say we didn't have the funds so we'll see!