November 13, 2019, 05:56:15 AM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 481506 times)

June 30, 2019, 07:45:26 PM
Reply #4500

Omar

I sure do hope that thereís no odor from that sewage plant making its way to grounds. That would be horrible, and it would really give the kopites something to needle us with.
You come at the king, you best not miss.

June 30, 2019, 08:01:58 PM
Reply #4501

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
I sure do hope that thereís no odor from that sewage plant making its way to grounds. That would be horrible, and it would really give the kopites something to needle us with.

Canít be worse than the smell that drifts across from Anfield
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

June 30, 2019, 08:05:17 PM
Reply #4502

Omar

Canít be worse than the smell that drifts across from Anfield

Yes mate but they might be able to say ďyour team stinksĒ literally.  :bonk:
You come at the king, you best not miss.

June 30, 2019, 08:10:05 PM
Reply #4503

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Yes mate but they might be able to say ďyour team stinksĒ literally.  :bonk:

Not really arsed what they say though.
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lŠ Everton!

June 30, 2019, 09:12:20 PM
Reply #4504

Alanvideo

Some detail on the plans for the surrounds including the pumping tower:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-hope-bring-bramley-moore-16494704
...........just posting this current pic for those who don't know the area. This is just opposite Metro Tyres .Lots of new tarmac here now and new kerbs for people to trip over.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 10:22:47 PM by Alanvideo »
We are special ,we are Everton.

June 30, 2019, 10:40:41 PM
Reply #4505

Alanvideo

Slightly off topic but this is the former accumulator tower at Canada Dock ,demolished c.1930. I guess there was a line of these towers to provide hydraulic power to service machinery on the docks.

July 01, 2019, 02:57:44 PM
Reply #4506

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I donít get this Unesco thing? Why are these rocks world Heritage sites?

They only a couple hundred years old.

Things change and places develop. I understand if building etc been around for a thousand years but a few hundred? Thatís just madness
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

July 01, 2019, 04:31:24 PM
Reply #4507

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
I donít get this Unesco thing? Why are these rocks world Heritage sites?

They only a couple hundred years old.

Things change and places develop. I understand if building etc been around for a thousand years but a few hundred? Thatís just madness

Criteria 2, 3 and 4 of Unesco's prequisites.
2 is that it was a major centre generating innovative technologies and methods (in this case dock construction and port management)
3 is it is an exceptional testimony to a culture (maritime mercantile culture)
4 is it is an outstanding example of its classification (world mercantile port city)

Heritage is not something that starts at a pre-specified point in the past.
The heritage of Dubai, for example, is a modern one - regardless of the fact there is some evidence of agriculture there from a few thousand years BC.

July 02, 2019, 11:50:52 AM
Reply #4508

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Criteria 2, 3 and 4 of Unesco's prequisites.
2 is that it was a major centre generating innovative technologies and methods (in this case dock construction and port management)
3 is it is an exceptional testimony to a culture (maritime mercantile culture)
4 is it is an outstanding example of its classification (world mercantile port city)

Heritage is not something that starts at a pre-specified point in the past.
The heritage of Dubai, for example, is a modern one - regardless of the fact there is some evidence of agriculture there from a few thousand years BC.

I get that but heritage and history changes. Itís tough to preserve things in modern times with expanding populations.

Keep sites just for cultural reasons like the docks will be tough as it doesnít mean much to very many sadly like say a church or Mosque does.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

July 02, 2019, 12:07:39 PM
Reply #4509

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
I get that but heritage and history changes. Itís tough to preserve things in modern times with expanding populations.

Keep sites just for cultural reasons like the docks will be tough as it doesnít mean much to very many sadly like say a church or Mosque does.
quite a few would argue that religion is out of date

July 02, 2019, 01:47:31 PM
Reply #4510

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber

UNESCO aren't concerned with population growth, economic issues or changing attitudes though.
They exist only to preserve history.

The problem with that is it is difficult to preserve history in a working city.

July 02, 2019, 02:01:51 PM
Reply #4511

blue1948

If this is the way they are with BMD what about Goodison? Is that not of historic value ? The first grandstand etc. I think Mies will have this in hand

July 02, 2019, 02:24:04 PM
Reply #4512

Alanvideo

If this is the way they are with BMD what about Goodison? Is that not of historic value ? The first grandstand etc. I think Mies will have this in hand
...............the club have got this covered but I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere  . A Certificate of Immunity (from listing ) was issued in March this year.
I dare say some of the Leitch ironwork could be retained for use in a new build at Goodison or BMD.
https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1462465

July 02, 2019, 03:01:15 PM
Reply #4513

dangermouse

Itís only money that should be reaching the regions from government anyway. It just goes to Europe for a wash before getting redistributed as a grant so we feel privileged to be getting it. Itís good PR.

I think you need to look at  Government spending plans post-Brexit. The capital is already hoovering up money form all parts of the UK
Everton Programmes Books & DVD's

http://www.facebook.com/evertonprogrammes

July 02, 2019, 06:24:32 PM
Reply #4514

Simon Paul

Administrator
...............the club have got this covered but I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere  . A Certificate of Immunity (from listing ) was issued in March this year.
I dare say some of the Leitch ironwork could be retained for use in a new build at Goodison or BMD.
https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1462465
Sunderland and Rangers have plenty of Leitch iron work. Rangers remains in situ and Sunderland have dotted theirs around the city

Villa Park still has plenty around and his work at Highbury was preserved once Arsenal moved out.

It feels very special to us, because its ours, but the Leitch work is well preserved elsewhere so outside of Everton I doubt many others will care. Obviously it'll be preserved, because it should be, but I think we will have some freedom over how it is done.