October 19, 2019, 07:26:32 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 473128 times)

July 27, 2019, 02:22:07 AM
Reply #4935

Alanvideo

There's plans knocking about for the new north station.
I'm in a field near Yeovil at the minute so have limited Google skills.

But the area has already been marked out to build a raised station akin to Sandhills.
Touch further north than the tobacco warehouse, if memory serves.
...............yes I got mixed up with my streets and then lost signal .Hope you can understand my new post !
We are special ,we are Everton.

July 27, 2019, 02:41:19 AM
Reply #4936

Omar

Interesting viewpoint, being environmentally aware I am disappointed I never thought about it myself. It will surely be a issue over the lifetime of the stadium.  :titanic:

We might need to do a massive floater in the Mersey instead.

That thought had occurred to me too
You come at the king, you best not miss.

July 27, 2019, 02:57:13 AM
Reply #4937

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I'm quite excited about the general development of the area. See some new pubs and that.

Surely there's a few old closed up rough arse dockers pubs that can be renno'd.

If you were the Bramley Moore pub you'd be thinking about maybe trying to get more space, open up the interior a bit an all. Could be an iconic blue pub.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 27, 2019, 02:59:42 AM
Reply #4938

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
the talk is just that, talk, and it's not from the club nor the planning authority

in fact, it is suggested at the moment that a station close to the ground would actually cause more congestion than dispersing the crowds away from the ground

The club have zero input towards infrastructure planning at this stage.

If/when planning permission is granted they get to formally request consideration (and no doubt, informally, have).
But the rail plan is a decade long one that is in the middle of being renewed. These 2 station locations are part of it whether we build this stadium or not.

July 27, 2019, 03:02:49 AM
Reply #4939

Simon Paul

Administrator
The club have zero input towards infrastructure planning at this stage.

If/when planning permission is granted they get to formally request consideration (and no doubt, informally, have).
But the rail plan is a decade long one that is in the middle of being renewed. These 2 station locations are part of it whether we build this stadium or not.

the impression I got was that the club have been told there won't be a station there, due to the concerns over additional congestion directly outside the development on a match day

they were very definite about the fact that there won't be, so imagine they're party to the discussions and decisions - I dare say the strategic planning group and the police will have had input as well

the transport plan for the overall planning application will focus it's rail element entirely on Sandhills

July 27, 2019, 03:08:44 AM
Reply #4940

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Was there any information given in the presentation as to where in the stadium or how they would increase capacity if required?
shows where future safe standing areas will be (including the away end) go to peoples-project.co.uk/bramley-moore-dock/

July 27, 2019, 03:17:15 AM
Reply #4941

Simon Paul

Administrator
on the font by the way, it's a place holder

without it, there is no identity of the images

they tried just the crest, but it didn't look right.  they tried Everton with a lower case "e" and then all in capitals and neither looked right.

they said that in all likelihood that is where the naming rights will go

July 27, 2019, 03:20:28 AM
Reply #4942

Smingers

Ive just completed the 2nd consultation questionnaire.

I may be a bit late on this and this may already have been answered but, my question is this, can anyone complete the questionnaire no matter who they support?

Also what bearing does the consultation have on actual planning applications or impact to decisions on the ground being built.

July 27, 2019, 03:21:50 AM
Reply #4943

MexicanToffee

shows where future safe standing areas will be (including the away end) go to peoples-project.co.uk/bramley-moore-dock/
Ah ok, so the increased capacity doesn't involve any further construction just the modification to the rail seating in certain sections.Would love to see the safe standing, that really would be the icing on the cake.
“He loved Everton, he loved being back at Goodison Park. He always said it was like going to church.”

July 27, 2019, 03:24:52 AM
Reply #4944

Simon Paul

Administrator
Ive just completed the 2nd consultation questionnaire.

I may be a bit late on this and this may already have been answered but, my question is this, can anyone complete the questionnaire no matter who they support?

Also what bearing does the consultation have on actual planning applications or impact to decisions on the ground being built.

yeah, literally anyone can fill it out

the consultation gives overall opinion from the general public on Merseyside, and it also highlights any potential objections which Everton can address before applying for planning permission.

if, say, 20,000 people get involved, then that gives a consensus to the planners what opinion is on the project.  if it is overwhelmingly positive, then why would they stand in the way?

it also gives the club an opportunity to fix things that could get in the way, thus avoiding any objections when it goes to planning.

it also shows that Everton have given the wider community plenty of opportunity to have their say, whether they have had their say or not.

Doing this shows a respect for the wider community and a desire to involve everyone in the process, which planners absolutely fucking love.

July 27, 2019, 03:39:56 AM
Reply #4945

Smingers

yeah, literally anyone can fill it out

the consultation gives overall opinion from the general public on Merseyside, and it also highlights any potential objections which Everton can address before applying for planning permission.

if, say, 20,000 people get involved, then that gives a consensus to the planners what opinion is on the project.  if it is overwhelmingly positive, then why would they stand in the way?

it also gives the club an opportunity to fix things that could get in the way, thus avoiding any objections when it goes to planning.

it also shows that Everton have given the wider community plenty of opportunity to have their say, whether they have had their say or not.

Doing this shows a respect for the wider community and a desire to involve everyone in the process, which planners absolutely fucking love.

Thanks for that mate, thats a great response!

But what if it gets hijacked by other fans using multiple email addresses and thus outweighing our responses and creating an overall negative response? Would that put a spanner in the works with planning? Or would it just give us a chance to rectify the communitys concerns as you have mentioned?

Sorry if im asking crap questions

July 27, 2019, 03:49:32 AM
Reply #4946

Simon Paul

Administrator
Thanks for that mate, thats a great response!

But what if it gets hijacked by other fans using multiple email addresses and thus outweighing our responses and creating an overall negative response? Would that put a spanner in the works with planning? Or would it just give us a chance to rectify the communitys concerns as you have mentioned?

Sorry if im asking crap questions

Everton had 20,000 responses to the first consultation process, so anything that appears now "out of the blue" will stick out like a sore thumb

Any coordinated effort would be spotted and "outed" to the club to highlight because it would have to be on an enormous scale, much bigger than could be kept "between friends"

They have a firm of data analysts making sure the data is appropriate to use, too.  The automated tools can weed out copy and pasted "complaints" in a heartbeat and make sure that only one version is included, but that a note is included too that says the data is available but it appears to have been submitted either in error or maliciously

Over 700 people attended today, which was more than double the amount that attended on a good day in the first consultation, and they were predominantly Blues that i saw during the couple of hours I was there.  There were queues to get in, it has been incredibly well received for the first day - I hope it continues like that.

There will be things that were highlighted by the consultation in the first phase, which will have been dealt with before this phase of the process, so planners will see that concerns were addressed and that there was an opportunity for people to see that - if they raise the same concerns again then they will likely be discounted as they have already been dealt with

Heritage complaints aren't for the people of Liverpool, I'm afraid, especially not when it is neglected, near-abandoned dockland that nobody ever gets to see or use.  They have been addressed anyway though, and Unesco and the council will be happy with them.

But it is down to us to make sure we do what you have done and complete the process as Evertonians.

If EVERY season ticket holder does it, and gets one more person to do it, then it will be the biggest public consultation on Merseyside in decades.  And it will be overwhelmingly positive.  What can anyone say against that?

July 27, 2019, 03:59:05 AM
Reply #4947

Picko1975

My only small ‘gripe’ is why one end of the ground is smaller than the rest of it. Not sure if that’s by design or due to land constraints. Does anyone know why it was done that way? If it had been the same size I would assume another 1000 or so seats could have been added. It’s not a complaint, just more of a observation.

July 27, 2019, 04:50:08 AM
Reply #4948

Smingers

Everton had 20,000 responses to the first consultation process, so anything that appears now "out of the blue" will stick out like a sore thumb

Any coordinated effort would be spotted and "outed" to the club to highlight because it would have to be on an enormous scale, much bigger than could be kept "between friends"

They have a firm of data analysts making sure the data is appropriate to use, too.  The automated tools can weed out copy and pasted "complaints" in a heartbeat and make sure that only one version is included, but that a note is included too that says the data is available but it appears to have been submitted either in error or maliciously

Over 700 people attended today, which was more than double the amount that attended on a good day in the first consultation, and they were predominantly Blues that i saw during the couple of hours I was there.  There were queues to get in, it has been incredibly well received for the first day - I hope it continues like that.

There will be things that were highlighted by the consultation in the first phase, which will have been dealt with before this phase of the process, so planners will see that concerns were addressed and that there was an opportunity for people to see that - if they raise the same concerns again then they will likely be discounted as they have already been dealt with

Heritage complaints aren't for the people of Liverpool, I'm afraid, especially not when it is neglected, near-abandoned dockland that nobody ever gets to see or use.  They have been addressed anyway though, and Unesco and the council will be happy with them.

But it is down to us to make sure we do what you have done and complete the process as Evertonians.

If EVERY season ticket holder does it, and gets one more person to do it, then it will be the biggest public consultation on Merseyside in decades.  And it will be overwhelmingly positive.  What can anyone say against that?

Brilliant! Thats the kind of response I was looking for. Phew!

This is a long time coming and hopefully it all goes through! Even though it will be a sad day to leave Goodison Park this is something that our great club needs.

Roll on 2023/24 season!

July 27, 2019, 05:48:43 AM
Reply #4949

Ramjam

Si, can you post the link to the survey please

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
WE ARE THE PEOPLE