July 15, 2020, 01:55:14 AM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 573997 times)

June 25, 2020, 11:43:04 PM
Reply #5385

Waltzer

https://amp.cincinnati.com/amp/3300642002?__twitter_impression=true

More on the Cincinnati deal

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Isnt this different as it reads like Meis was replaced prior to submission of the plans, or that they were revised before going to the City for signoff?

June 26, 2020, 12:10:41 AM
Reply #5386

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
https://amp.cincinnati.com/amp/3300642002?__twitter_impression=true

More on the Cincinnati deal

Guess he must have forgotten this one then !

danmeis
@Meisarch
I am sorry but if this was “always the plan” no one shared it with me.  In my 30 years of designing stadiums I have never had our work taken over by another architect without remaining in a custodian/oversight role.

June 26, 2020, 12:12:16 AM
Reply #5387

Bally

Administrator
Isnt this different as it reads like Meis was replaced prior to submission of the plans, or that they were revised before going to the City for signoff?
I'm reading it as the same tbh
Seems Meis has got a little pissy because he doesn't get to play with his toy, but I could be wrong.
Him saying he's never been removed in 30 years and within a couple hours that's shown to be bullshit sort of gives me that vibe....
As I say though I could be fully wrong, I will ask the question to people who will definitely know like, but I doubt they'll tell me because its none of my fucking business.

It's the roll I way

June 26, 2020, 02:22:24 AM
Reply #5388

mikey_blue

June 26, 2020, 02:41:13 AM
Reply #5389

Macca77

In a bit Dan, tra now

June 26, 2020, 02:52:43 AM
Reply #5390

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I’m guessing given how much he seems to have bought into everything that he was sort of expecting that he’d see it through, in some capacity, to the end.

Whether he was given that impression falsely or not we won’t know but obviously Laing O’Rourke have done their bit, independently of anything that may have been said or not, and not picked his firm.

Other thing to bear in mind is that he is extrovert for a professional role, in that he was outwardly engaged with people when it was all going well. Not likely to just hide that away if something like this happens.

June 26, 2020, 02:55:35 AM
Reply #5391

chang

Pretty sure the club will have good reason to choose Pattern as technical architect, we have some very complex planning and building regs in the UK so kind of makes sense to go with a company that presumably are competent with all that stuff.

The submitted design looks great and Meis are to be congratulated for that and were no doubt very well remunerated.

Bit sad he has reacted as he has, I get he will be totally cheesed off, but taking to Twitter just widens any divide with the club,two sides to a story and all that.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 02:57:32 AM by chang »

June 26, 2020, 02:57:22 AM
Reply #5392

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
It's all gone a bit Alan Myers.

June 26, 2020, 11:01:47 PM
Reply #5393

Paddockoldie

Pretty sure the club will have good reason to choose Pattern as technical architect, we have some very complex planning and building regs in the UK so kind of makes sense to go with a company that presumably are competent with all that stuff.

The submitted design looks great and Meis are to be congratulated for that and were no doubt very well remunerated.

Bit sad he has reacted as he has, I get he will be totally cheesed off, but taking to Twitter just widens any divide with the club,two sides to a story and all that.

He's got Alan Ball syndrome I reckon.

June 27, 2020, 12:11:45 PM
Reply #5394

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Concept designs are just that. They have to be possible but they usually have all the bells and whistles and usually very expensive because that’s what designers do. They also hate it when things get changed or dropped because it’s ok expensive and serves no purpose other than to be aesthetically pleasing even tho something similar and cheaper could also look good but also be functional.

Meis doesn’t seem like a character who would scale down or have anyone question his vision. Moshiri is more ruthless and doesn't get taken for a ride.

This makes perfect sense. Expect more people to be fired and hired in different stages of this process.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

July 01, 2020, 12:57:39 AM
Reply #5395

Trowel

Mayor of Liverpool Joe Anderson insists Everton 'are on track' to build their new stadium at Bramley-Moore Dock.

"It's not necessarily an update but I know the club are determined, as we are as a council, to make the stadium a reality," he told Capital Liverpool News.

"Yes, okay, Dan Meis, for whatever reason, hasn't been kept on by Laing O'Rourke, those who have been chosen to develop the stadium, and that's something internal I can't comment on because I don't know the reasons why.

"What I can comment on is that Everton Football Club are on track to build the stadium. I spoke to Farhad Moshiri a couple of weeks ago and everything is fine.

"Everything in that respect is going to the plan they have in place. Clearly Covid has delayed that a little bit but I guess by the end of the year we'll see activity taking place on the site if not beforehand."

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-mayor-joe-anderson-delivers-18517532
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

July 01, 2020, 05:51:48 PM
Reply #5396

Toddacelli

Mayor of Liverpool Joe Anderson insists Everton 'are on track' to build their new stadium at Bramley-Moore Dock.

"It's not necessarily an update but I know the club are determined, as we are as a council, to make the stadium a reality," he told Capital Liverpool News.

"Yes, okay, Dan Meis, for whatever reason, hasn't been kept on by Laing O'Rourke, those who have been chosen to develop the stadium, and that's something internal I can't comment on because I don't know the reasons why.

"What I can comment on is that Everton Football Club are on track to build the stadium. I spoke to Farhad Moshiri a couple of weeks ago and everything is fine.

"Everything in that respect is going to the plan they have in place. Clearly Covid has delayed that a little bit but I guess by the end of the year we'll see activity taking place on the site if not beforehand."

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-mayor-joe-anderson-delivers-18517532

So it's a construction company decision and not an club decision.

Laing O'Rourke, that.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

July 01, 2020, 05:54:40 PM
Reply #5397

Simon Paul

Administrator
So it's a construction company decision and not an club decision.

Laing O'Rourke, that.
Likely both

July 01, 2020, 05:55:18 PM
Reply #5398

cantoffee

July 01, 2020, 07:33:05 PM
Reply #5399

Jamokachi