October 29, 2020, 10:18:41 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 626816 times)

September 11, 2020, 04:29:02 PM
Reply #5505

Cereal Killer

I know there was loads of debate on this before, but now we've reached 400million people in 2 days and the whole of latin america has pledged allegiance to the flag, 50,000 stadium is looking smaller an more pessimistic than ever

James will be gone before the stadium is finished, so we won’t need to worry about an invasion of Colombians  :whistle:

September 11, 2020, 05:35:01 PM
Reply #5506

Gary1878

God that stadium looks fantastic. All seems like tinkering at the edges and a matter of time before it goes through and is approved. There will be small compromises to appease certain parties but there is no way this is being stopped now.

September 11, 2020, 06:41:22 PM
Reply #5507

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
The cynic in me has started thinking that we never intended to have the car park there, and this and a few other bits have been built in to the original design to appear as concessions as we go through the process.

September 11, 2020, 06:44:48 PM
Reply #5508

Blue Lagoon

NSNO Subscriber
The cynic in me has started thinking that we never intended to have the car park there, and this and a few other bits have been built in to the original design to appear as concessions as we go through the process.
I had considered the same.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
(Zoolander)

September 15, 2020, 08:45:05 PM
Reply #5509

Bluedylan

''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

September 15, 2020, 09:11:34 PM
Reply #5510

Toddacelli

Brought in the big guns.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

September 15, 2020, 09:32:26 PM
Reply #5511

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah, was reading that earlier. Honestly, this now has that much momentum it would take a fuck up of Everton levels of incompetency to stop it happening.

September 15, 2020, 09:49:24 PM
Reply #5512

Gary1878

Damn right. Someone important needed to say something. It's utterly ridiculous, and actually tragic that they would try and stop a billion pound project, something that will change people's lives from happening because some bricks and mortar are more important. It's almost bordering on a farce.

They have been involved right from the beginning at the planning stage, and we have ticked all the boxes. Now when the project is finally ready to go, someone in one of these organisations realized that it mean't filling in the dock!?!? SERIOUSLY? They didn't know right from the start of when Bramley Moore was initiated that the dock would have to be filled in? That's actually just inept and Everton could easily counter-sue those bodies for loss of funds if this delays the project significantly.

September 15, 2020, 09:50:40 PM
Reply #5513

ncstate4jpc

NSNO Subscriber
Incredible what Everton need to go through to get a stadium.

September 15, 2020, 09:50:45 PM
Reply #5514

Lazarou

I can imagine Rees-Mogg is a board member of the Victorian Society.
A government of the gobshites , by the gobshites , for the gobshites .

September 15, 2020, 09:55:41 PM
Reply #5516

GrantyBoy78

Addams Family Society, spooky cunt

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

September 15, 2020, 09:58:43 PM
Reply #5517

Mouse

NSNO Subscriber
Nope, he's more likely to be board member, major share holder or money cleaner (aka financial advisor) to every plc and Tory card-carrying millionaire slurping at the trough of this billion pound investment.

Nothing to worry about, we are in good hands. This is going through.

PS - despite the above, it will also be a fantastic boost for the north-west economy!
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.

September 15, 2020, 10:12:22 PM
Reply #5518

Toddacelli

"We have also advised that the application should be refused, unless the decision-maker concludes that the public benefits would outweigh the damage to Bramley-Moore dock and the harm to the World Heritage Site which the proposals would cause.”

Damn motherfuckinggoddamn right the benefits outweigh the damage! Damage to what ffs? A derelict hole with water in? Fuck off.

IF it was the only dock there and would be gone forever I would maybe be given pause, but BMD is one of many that will still remain. Looking at Google maps there are loads:

Brunswick Dock
Coburg Dock
Queens Dock
Wapping Dock
Salthouse Dock
Albert Dock
Princes Dock
Bramley Moore Dock
Salisbury Dock
Collingwood Dock
Stanley Dock
Canada Dock
Alexandra Dock
Gladstone Dock
Royal Seaforth Dock

And they are only the ones that had names on - there were lots of smaller ones that didn't - even BMD didn't come up on Google maps.

You're telling me that filling in ONE of those ruins the story of the docks?

Fuck off. Fuck right off. Fuck further off and when you get there - fuck off some more!

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

September 16, 2020, 04:40:41 PM
Reply #5519

hannu

Cant help but think there might be a couple of kopites on the historic england and victorian sociaty board