December 07, 2019, 10:24:27 AM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 488082 times)

March 15, 2017, 03:40:12 PM
Reply #870

Bally

Administrator
Has the mayor been on the bevvy tonight or has he decided to take on the world on Twitter? Who decided Twitter and politicians were a good mix?
Joe had full on scouse mode turned up hahaha
It's the roll I way

March 15, 2017, 03:48:16 PM
Reply #871

Alanvideo

We are special ,we are Everton.

March 15, 2017, 07:35:45 PM
Reply #872

Toddacelli

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

March 15, 2017, 07:50:38 PM
Reply #873

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Copy and paste please anyone? F**kin Echo and all it's f**kin pop-up ads!

Nothing dramatic

Developer Peel says a deal with Everton over a new waterfront stadium is close - and says a "state-of-the art" ground there would make the Liverpool waterfront a “visual spectacle”.

The club is in advanced talks with Peel, which owns Liverpool's northern docklands and is developing it under the £5.5bn Liverpool Waters scheme.
Just last night on Twitter Mayor Joe Anderson suggested a deal was close for the Bramley-Moore docks site.

And today, speaking at the Mipim property festival in Cannes, Lindsey Ashworth, development director at Liverpool Waters for Peel, said: “We're optimistic we will agree heads of terms to allow a state-of-the-art football stadium at the northern end of the Liverpool Waters. Maybe even Commonwealth Games.

“I cannot say how excited we all are.”

Mr Ashworth told the ECHO: “We're in quite healthy talks with Everton at the moment, so it's not finalised yet. But as Peel and as myself I would love to see a stadium on the waterfront.

“To have this as the anchor at one end of the waterfront, and then you go all the way down towards the ECHO arena... the waterfront would be a visual spectacle.

“So we're pushing forward with it, the council are helping, and I think we'll get to a conclusion. A good one. Hopefully in the near future.”

Heads of terms is an initial agreement ahead of signing a full contract.

Peel's other plans for the northern docks, including floating buildings, will be changed if the stadium happens.

He said: “At the northern docks, Bramley-Moore Dock and Nelson Dock, we have two options.
“One is to develop it out with several developers for residential and put floating buildings in the docks themselves. And the floating buildings would be doctors' surgeries, workshops, bars, restaurants.

“And obviously Everton stadium is another.

March 15, 2017, 07:52:27 PM
Reply #874

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Heads of terms = a set of agreed principles that preceed a written contract.

So we're close to agreeing a deal to talk about writing a contract about being exclusive bidders to think about one day maybe having a meeting about building a stadium

March 15, 2017, 07:53:32 PM
Reply #875

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Copy and paste please anyone? F**kin Echo and all it's f**kin pop-up ads!

Developer Peel says a deal with Everton over a new waterfront stadium is close - and says a "state-of-the art" ground there would make the Liverpool waterfront a “visual spectacle”.

The club is in advanced talks with Peel, which owns Liverpool's northern docklands and is developing it under the £5.5bn Liverpool Waters scheme.

Just last night on Twitter Mayor Joe Anderson suggested a deal was close for the Bramley-Moore docks site.

Mayor Joe Anderson appears to confirm new EFC stadium in Twitter reply
And today, speaking at the Mipim property festival in Cannes, Lindsey Ashworth, development director at Liverpool Waters for Peel, said: “We're optimistic we will agree heads of terms to allow a state-of-the-art football stadium at the northern end of the Liverpool Waters. Maybe even Commonwealth Games.

“I cannot say how excited we all are.”

Mr Ashworth told the ECHO: “We're in quite healthy talks with Everton at the moment, so it's not finalised yet. But as Peel and as myself I would love to see a stadium on the waterfront.

“To have this as the anchor at one end of the waterfront, and then you go all the way down towards the ECHO arena... the waterfront would be a visual spectacle.

Liverpool Waters projects to begin "by the end of the year"
“So we're pushing forward with it, the council are helping, and I think we'll get to a conclusion. A good one. Hopefully in the near future.”

Heads of terms is an initial agreement ahead of signing a full contract.

Peel's other plans for the northern docks, including floating buildings, will be changed if the stadium happens.

He said: “At the northern docks, Bramley-Moore Dock and Nelson Dock, we have two options.

“One is to develop it out with several developers for residential and put floating buildings in the docks themselves. And the floating buildings would be doctors' surgeries, workshops, bars, restaurants.

“And obviously Everton stadium is another. "
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

March 15, 2017, 07:54:01 PM
Reply #876

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Floating buildings?

I'm all for a floating ground tbh
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

March 15, 2017, 08:13:25 PM
Reply #877

van der Meyde

A dullard asks:

Could 'head of terms' be interpreted as, say, an agreement in principle to sell the land (for a specified price) but be subject to planning permission before the full contract is signed?

March 15, 2017, 08:15:30 PM
Reply #878

Waltzer

Floating buildings?

I'm all for a floating ground tbh

I actually like the thought of a partially buried stadium in the dock, really intimidating and really industrial looking!

March 15, 2017, 08:36:10 PM
Reply #879

BlueBeagle

Looks like it's 99.9% done.

Nothing to worry about then :) ...

March 15, 2017, 08:55:36 PM
Reply #880

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
A dullard asks:

Could 'head of terms' be interpreted as, say, an agreement in principle to sell the land (for a specified price) but be subject to planning permission before the full contract is signed?

It means nothing to be honest.
It is just a way of saying " we all agree what the contract we are about to sign will have in it"

March 15, 2017, 10:17:08 PM
Reply #881

MmmblueBernard

So we're close to agreeing a deal to talk about writing a contract about being exclusive bidders to think about one day maybe having a meeting about building a stadium

That's most certainly a possibility.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

March 15, 2017, 11:00:01 PM
Reply #882

Big Nev

NSNO Subscriber
Looks like it's 99.9% done.

Nothing to worry about then :) ...

Just like Rom's new contract...... ::)
Rotterdam \'85
I was there!!!

March 15, 2017, 11:55:12 PM
Reply #883

Alanvideo

It means nothing to be honest.
It is just a way of saying " we all agree what the contract we are about to sign will have in it"
...............Heads of terms are not binding on either party ,it's like agreeing to buy a house without putting down a deposit.
It's quite encouraging though and it's significant that the comments have come from an employee of Peel Holdings rather than Joe Andersen or Jim White.
We are special ,we are Everton.

March 16, 2017, 12:43:58 AM
Reply #884

ally2

Bored of this shit too. I suppose everybody is damned if they say anything and damned if they don't though