November 14, 2018, 09:46:10 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 320269 times)

colin, TheRam, ForzaItalia, blue1948 and 20 Guests are viewing this topic.

March 02, 2017, 08:54:16 PM
Reply #15

Bluedylan

Say it costs 300-400m, we could probably get naming rights for at least 100m, and then other commerical tie-ins along with that, you might be able to pay for half of it through that alone. Obviously I'm very far from being a financial expert, but I'd sooner the club have say 200m debt than compromise what we want for the stadium by sticking a running track in there.

200m sounds like a lot of debt, but it's not really anymore. We're getting in excess of 100m a season in broadcasting rights alone, not including foreign broadcasting rights, and both are projected to increase further. We've got a player worth possibly 70m alone, and squad players like McCarthy and Deulofeu are possibly worth around 20m each. 

In a new stadium we would have a lot more executive boxes, and much greater matchday revenues generally. Let's build what we want for Everton and swerve things like Commonwealth games tie-ins, which are very short termist.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

March 16, 2017, 12:47:13 AM
Reply #16

Bluedylan

Bored of this shit too. I suppose everybody is damned if they say anything and damned if they don't though

Nah, this is well exciting. Wait til we get specs and designs to pour over.

March 19, 2017, 05:57:07 PM
Reply #17

Bluedylan

Does Joe realise he's still the mayor? He uses twitter like some Z-list ex-Hollyoaks waitress.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 06:06:00 PM by Bluedylan »

March 19, 2017, 06:06:47 PM
Reply #18

Bluedylan

I didn't realise he was in the Army. ;)

Nice work stitching me up with a quick quote ;)

March 20, 2017, 04:30:20 PM
Reply #19

Bluedylan

This is actually happening isn't it? Between Anderson and Dan Meiss's twitter, it's quite obvious that it's definitely happening. We're a few days away from the most momentous announcement in the club's recent history. Can't wait to see the designs.

March 20, 2017, 04:51:10 PM
Reply #20

Bluedylan

I hope so mate. So many false dawns though that I'm not getting giddy just yet. Once things start being official and we actually see some kind of build then I'll believe that this is actually happening. Pessimistic I know but we've been here too many times. Even the shite had a spade in the ground didn't they and that didn't happen iiirc.
So I'm holding back for now, but when it does oh mate I can't wait to see what we're gonna do from then. A very decent squad, tick. A decent solid manager, tick.
 A wealthy owner who wants to spend money, tick. New stadium? Well hopefully that box will be ticked in the next few days,weeks, months!

Course mate. We're bound to be naturally skeptical given the letdowns we've all had. I do think it's different this time though.

March 23, 2017, 12:02:30 AM
Reply #21

Bluedylan

https://www.reddit.com/r/Everton/comments/60volw/sharing_some_news/

Hi,
I want to share some news I got from a friend.
"On our way home from an epic trip with the Norwegian Supportersclub! 140 Norwegian Evertonians made the trip. And what a trip it was! 4-0 win, AND WE MET DUNCAN after the game!! And on top of that we have some inside info on our new stadium in Bramley Moore. We got this from Joe Anderson, the mayor in Liverpool. This Thursday there is gonna be a pressconference where they will announce that we have bought the land. Finances are sorted WITHOUT Moshiris money. Moshiris money will be spendt on players only! Also new shirt sponsor for next season is USM! They are also heavy involved in the stadium, and thats why we can use Moshiris money on players!

March 23, 2017, 12:22:08 AM
Reply #22

Bluedylan

I call bullshit. Didn't the echo say today or yesterday that we were in Tanzania and it's pretty much nailed on we're getting Sportpesa?
How has that been funded then without Moshiris money? As much as he's done well in trying to get us a new stadium I don't trust Joe Anderson one bit. Sting in the tail with this. No way we're not contributing a shit load of money to this

Might well be mate. Thought it was worth throwing it out there. The Echo  don't seem to get much actual info these days, and you wouldn't put it past Anderson to spill the beans to some random guy from Norway. But yeah, might be nonsense or someone on the windup.

March 23, 2017, 12:53:06 AM
Reply #23

Bluedylan

bloody hell 140 Norwegians  Not sure if we have 140 supporters in Norway. I was at the game and heard a few danes ( normally my som and I are the only ones talking danish) pretty sure I would have heard or seen  140 Norwegians ......

Nah they were there. One of their supporters club did a podcast with the Echo before the game.

March 23, 2017, 03:51:46 AM
Reply #24

Bluedylan

There'll be quite a kickoff if it is a loan underwritten by the council, given the cuts to public services. Arguably with some justification.

March 23, 2017, 04:34:55 AM
Reply #25

Bluedylan

I think if the council have lent us money from their existing coffers then fine a kickoff would be justified. If it's a case of the council have borrowed to buy  the land, this is assuming they are just funding the land purchase and not the full stadium costs. If they borrow from another source at say 1.5% interest , the public purse is not technically paying out, the club then pay a ground rent/repayment to the council of 5% interest, as soon as Everton make the first payment the council has more money.

This is guess work based on speculation, particularly the comment above regarding JA taking stick but actually getting a good deal for the council. Sure it will all come out tomorrow.

Yeah, the council will have to make some money on this longterm (like the FF deal), or there's no way they be able to sell this proposal to the general public (assuming these leaks are accurate).

March 23, 2017, 04:41:29 AM
Reply #26

Bluedylan

Where's the best forum to watch the koppite fume? I just fancy indulging in a bit of schadenfreud, or something that is spelt slightly differently!!!!

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=315580.37320

March 23, 2017, 01:56:58 PM
Reply #27

Bluedylan

Happy Bramley Moore Day to one and all x

March 23, 2017, 05:14:00 PM
Reply #28

Bluedylan

I'm not really arsed if it's only a minor announcement or which party it comes from as long as it's absolute confirmation that it's happening.

March 23, 2017, 06:08:16 PM
Reply #29

Bluedylan