November 15, 2018, 07:22:42 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 321392 times)

Bluenose 91, Bluedylan, Grumpy_JC and 20 Guests are viewing this topic.

February 10, 2017, 04:42:31 AM
Reply #15

Ross

....................as @Mick 1995 and myself have hinted  ,there is a possibility that there may be too many planning considerations to make this scheme viable . But as @GLewis has said ,you would think EFC (and Peel) would have some idea of what can and can't be done before engaging architects or consultants. We don't know anything really ,we need a mole in the planning dept.

.... not yours or my first rodeo Al.

But we can all live in hope I suppose.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

March 10, 2017, 12:29:57 AM
Reply #16

Ross

Not a chance the stadium will be built within 2 years.

Agreed.

Both Ashburton and City of Manchester new builds took 2 1/2 years each or there abouts and they weren't dealing with anything like the challenges BM would offer.

I'd imagine you could be looking at the best part of 9 months draining, waterproofing and back filling the dock alone before you begin to see anything of note at ground level.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

March 19, 2017, 08:24:16 PM
Reply #17

Ross

Nelson dock is nearer to town as well.

March 20, 2017, 07:50:28 PM
Reply #18

Ross

Shouldn't the new railway line be called The Magical Mystery Tour?

March 21, 2017, 05:01:12 AM
Reply #19

Ross

Bowl or not I think one of the main criteria that should be the considered in the design is a safe standing area/stand.

It'll be coming back sooner rather than later and for it to be effective in a new build it'll need to be designed into the stadium now rather than an ad hoc renovation in 5/10 years time.

March 21, 2017, 06:42:06 AM
Reply #20

Ross

I've never got the hype over standing sections tbh, I personally couldn't think of anything worse, I just couldn't be arsed standing for 90+ minutes.

It's not for me now either Dunc. But obviously there's a movement back towards that and you need to be ready for it.

Looking at all the new stadiums that have been built recently plus the two new proposed ones at Spurs and Chelsea there's no real scope for it. They just seem all about shallow stands and corporate hospitality suites.  I'd at least like to see we've been imaginative about this given the current desire.

Who knows we could be the first British club to build a football stadium with a purpose built safe standing area? Another Everton first.

March 22, 2017, 04:46:31 PM
Reply #21

Ross

So Joe can still make his hair appointment?

March 23, 2017, 06:35:17 PM
Reply #22

Ross

However did they keep this a secret for so long?

March 24, 2017, 05:31:55 PM
Reply #23

Ross

...............I thought I read the land is on a 200 year lease ,which is a virtual freehold. ,but I'm open to correction. Maybe at the end of 40 years the club will buy the freehold ,is that the idea ?

No I've read that as well Al in a few places. It seems that yesterdays initial reports of us buying the land for 30m weren't accurate and it's the cost of the ground rent for the first 40 years.

March 24, 2017, 10:17:44 PM
Reply #24

Ross

Where is this 50k rumour coming from? 6k per seat?
Any chance we could be getting mates rates for our steel, especially as our owner is balls deep in steel and energy companies?
Going to stick my neck on the line and say we will build a 60k seater stadium. Will give us a chance to hold a champions league final.

The council.

Initial high-level studies conclude that the full development cost of a new 50,000 seater stadium with associated site specific facilities and infrastructure would be in excess of 300 million.

http://councillors.liverpool.gov.uk/documents/s210377/Invest%20to%20Earn%20-%20Everton%20FC%20New%20Stadium%20-%20Deal%20Terms%20RTC45.pdf

March 28, 2017, 10:54:00 PM
Reply #25

Ross

Well that's that new 500m deep water dock fucked at least we found out in time..

April 01, 2017, 04:13:12 AM
Reply #26

Ross

Would that make the appointed board about 75% Moshiri's people?

April 01, 2017, 04:24:49 AM
Reply #27

Ross

No.

Okay.

I thought he'd appointed 4 of the current 6 and this would have made it 5 out of 7?

April 01, 2017, 04:34:51 AM
Reply #28

Ross

Kenwright, Woods, Elstone and Barret-Baxendale were already there and I wouldn't really say that Keith Harris was one of 'Moshiri's people'. There's only really Ryazantsev that could be called that, not that it would be a problem if he had surrounded himself with people he trusted.

Elstone, BB weren't board members before Moshiri took charge nor Ryazantsev or Keith Harris.

April 01, 2017, 04:45:34 AM
Reply #29

Ross

They weren't 'Moshiri's people' though, other than Ryazantsev.

Of course they are. They were normal club employees before he arrived but after assessing things they got promoted.

Not sure what the problem is?