September 21, 2019, 05:18:59 AM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 463706 times)

December 10, 2016, 10:33:39 PM
Reply #30

Simon Paul

Administrator
http://www.thetopbalcony.com/bramley-moore-dock-buildings-form-part-evertons-new-stadium/140

Saw that on reddit and though it was interesting, I do love the idea of repairing them to keep the character of the area.

the clock is a protected structure anyway and from what I've been told won't be part of the actual stadium as on the picture below the stadium will be "below" the blue roofed building once the dock is filled in

the pump house isn't exactly an exciting structure either, but it'll make a nice feature if it's done up

the walls are key though.  they're historic and look excellent, but again they won't be "part of the stadium" but instead form the boundary between the plot of land and the road (which they do now)

December 11, 2016, 01:46:50 AM
Reply #31

Simon Paul

Administrator

.......................You must be asking yourself the same question as me tonight .  :headbang:

It'll come through before the agm so should be alright

Failing that I'll go as a proxy for the seller

December 12, 2016, 06:01:01 PM
Reply #32

Simon Paul

Administrator

With that wall going all along Regent Road, is that gateway the only way on to the site? Could be quite the bottleneck.

The away fans arrive by boat

December 18, 2016, 08:43:31 PM
Reply #33

Simon Paul

Administrator
It seems stupid that the Council can't give us the extra land we need for us to build where we are now. They were going to give the RS some of Stanley Park when they wanted to build a new stadium.

Couldn't they use the land from one of these other potential sites mentioned over the years and create parkland there?

the houses around Goodison are owned by private landlords mostly

there was talk in 2007 when KEIOC spoke with the Council and Warren Bradley (who was the leader of the council then) said he had spoken to the landlords and they were all open to property swaps (where they would get a bigger property in, say, Edge Lane, in exchange for their house on Goodison Road / Gwladys Street) but that will have all changed now as the council have less empty property stock

the costs of redeveloping and lack of opportunity to sell retail stuff around the ground is what is stopping us really though, not the fact that it's hard to get the land

December 18, 2016, 09:30:34 PM
Reply #34

Simon Paul

Administrator
Just a thought, the cost of filling in the dock area would be huge - could it be used instead as an underground car park (still a major cost but could bring savings and help with congestion etc). Would probably also make it more attractive as a venue for concerts and other stuff.

it'd probably be even more work to do that (and cost) than just chuck a load of rubble into it (I'm being simplistic on purpose there!)

Thanks.

Last year there was supposed to be land available just up the road at Walton Hall Park. Couldn't we extend Goodison, taking whatever size footprint we need to extend to for a full commercialized stadium (houses, schools & perhaps parkland) and then build the equivalent of what we take from around the current ground up at Walton Hall?

I know the thought of a waterfront stadium is pretty exciting in terms of image but we're going to have to buy a big chunk of land and build a whole new stadium and then be in debt to Mr. Moshiri & possibly others for a long long time to come.

it's the surrounding area that comes into play as well though.  the surrounding area being seriously developed will bring money into the area which there will likely be a deal with the council for them to offset against the purchase of whatever land / planning applications there needs to be done.  WHP was never a goer as the residents would always kick up a fuss, and would likely do the same with whatever needed to be built there.

the purchase of the land was quoted at around 30m which is tiny really in comparison to the whole cost of a new stadium and we'd likely "lose" 30m at least if redeveloping Goodison, sadly.

December 21, 2016, 12:11:37 AM
Reply #35

Simon Paul

Administrator
reckon he'll be giving a talk at the AGM

December 21, 2016, 01:16:47 AM
Reply #36

Simon Paul

Administrator

December 21, 2016, 03:07:06 AM
Reply #37

Simon Paul

Administrator
............ah right. Hoping to be there if my paperwork gets done in time but the holidays are going to get in the way.

got my invite last Monday despite the fact that my actual share hasn't come through yet

presuming I've been added to the list of shareholders but the paperwork part is taking it's time?

December 21, 2016, 06:37:19 PM
Reply #38

Simon Paul

Administrator

How do you become a shareholder?

I bought off a private seller

December 22, 2016, 12:30:00 AM
Reply #39

Simon Paul

Administrator
"Ere Moshy lad, how much for one of yer shares? You got thousands so wont really miss one...."

hahaha!

not quite on nickname terms with him yet.....

someone approached me and asked if I wanted it, and I'd had a bit of luck so said yes

December 22, 2016, 04:05:41 AM
Reply #40

Simon Paul

Administrator
Just had a look now. I can afford a share but I don't think the wife would be too happy if I bought one at the price they are. I wish I'd thought about this when I first had my inheritance - I'd have had a few

I didn't think I'd be as excited as I am about it to be honest.  It's a bit of paper.  But it's a bit of paper that says I own a bit of the club I have spent my life supporting.

December 30, 2016, 02:55:12 AM
Reply #41

Simon Paul

Administrator
Moshiri and Koeman expected to attend

been told they will announce the new stadium

to be honest I'd be fuming with them both if they didn't attend the AGM

December 30, 2016, 02:08:43 PM
Reply #42

Simon Paul

Administrator
I heard they cannot wait because they know you are going

Well it'd be nothing without the star attraction would it?

January 04, 2017, 12:32:40 AM
Reply #43

Simon Paul

Administrator
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/farhad-moshiri-expected-evertons-general-12400224

how on earth have they made a story out of that?

a major shareholder is expected to attend a company AGM?

yeah?  and?

surely it would be more of a story if a major shareholder didn't attend?  oh no, that's not how the Echo has been run is it?  Earl never turned up to one, not a peep out of the Echo.

January 06, 2017, 12:55:41 AM
Reply #44

Simon Paul

Administrator
this is genuinely the best thing that has EVER been on Radio Merseyside

skip to about 19 minutes in to get to the first Kopite caller

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04lj2gx