October 17, 2019, 01:20:30 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 472287 times)

February 18, 2017, 11:43:31 PM
Reply #30

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
It's for the end we're building that will be facing Anfield:

March 09, 2017, 05:49:34 PM
Reply #31

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Not a chance the stadium will be built within 2 years.

Where are you getting that time scale from?

The stadium WILL take 2 years to build though. But that's 2 years after the first spade goes into the ground - and we're a long way off that.
21/22 ir 22/23 season is best case scenario i'd say.

March 09, 2017, 06:50:28 PM
Reply #32

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Anderson yesterday. He said he expects the ground to be built within 2 years.

ah, yes, ok then. I didn't see that quote.

The tweet that @Alanvideo just linked suggest bidders have been given the goahead to put their proposals in. This, combined with Andersons comments about work done behind the scenes and "lessons being learned" from past attempts make it feel like a lot of the initial planning has already been done.

(If people are putting bids together now, that means the architects have already designed the stadium and the engineers have given/are giving the nod)

March 15, 2017, 07:50:38 PM
Reply #33

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Copy and paste please anyone? F**kin Echo and all it's f**kin pop-up ads!

Nothing dramatic

Developer Peel says a deal with Everton over a new waterfront stadium is close - and says a "state-of-the art" ground there would make the Liverpool waterfront a “visual spectacle”.

The club is in advanced talks with Peel, which owns Liverpool's northern docklands and is developing it under the £5.5bn Liverpool Waters scheme.
Just last night on Twitter Mayor Joe Anderson suggested a deal was close for the Bramley-Moore docks site.

And today, speaking at the Mipim property festival in Cannes, Lindsey Ashworth, development director at Liverpool Waters for Peel, said: “We're optimistic we will agree heads of terms to allow a state-of-the-art football stadium at the northern end of the Liverpool Waters. Maybe even Commonwealth Games.

“I cannot say how excited we all are.”

Mr Ashworth told the ECHO: “We're in quite healthy talks with Everton at the moment, so it's not finalised yet. But as Peel and as myself I would love to see a stadium on the waterfront.

“To have this as the anchor at one end of the waterfront, and then you go all the way down towards the ECHO arena... the waterfront would be a visual spectacle.

“So we're pushing forward with it, the council are helping, and I think we'll get to a conclusion. A good one. Hopefully in the near future.”

Heads of terms is an initial agreement ahead of signing a full contract.

Peel's other plans for the northern docks, including floating buildings, will be changed if the stadium happens.

He said: “At the northern docks, Bramley-Moore Dock and Nelson Dock, we have two options.
“One is to develop it out with several developers for residential and put floating buildings in the docks themselves. And the floating buildings would be doctors' surgeries, workshops, bars, restaurants.

“And obviously Everton stadium is another.

March 15, 2017, 07:52:27 PM
Reply #34

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Heads of terms = a set of agreed principles that preceed a written contract.

So we're close to agreeing a deal to talk about writing a contract about being exclusive bidders to think about one day maybe having a meeting about building a stadium

March 15, 2017, 08:55:36 PM
Reply #35

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
A dullard asks:

Could 'head of terms' be interpreted as, say, an agreement in principle to sell the land (for a specified price) but be subject to planning permission before the full contract is signed?

It means nothing to be honest.
It is just a way of saying " we all agree what the contract we are about to sign will have in it"

March 19, 2017, 07:30:07 PM
Reply #36

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Always slightly bemused by the notion that those in the public eye aren't (or, aren't allowed to be) actual real human people.

The fella is excited about something he can't yet talk about. But because he is a mayor of a relatively insgnificant northern city in England he needs to treat it like it's access codes to a nuclear arsenal and not have a bit of fun?

March 19, 2017, 08:03:34 PM
Reply #37

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Spoke about Nelson quite a bit earlier in the thread peej.

There simply isn't enough access routes in Bramley Moore and we wont be able to make wholesale changes to any part of that wall.
Nelson adds a couple more entrances, has initial plans for lots of leisure development and has parts of the wall that are in various states of repair that could be "opened" as part of a "restoration"

March 19, 2017, 08:10:41 PM
Reply #38

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Nelson as well would be great, as a stadium sideways to the Mersey would be a lot easier to plan logistically rather than one penned into the single site.

You know what, that had never once crossed my mind.

Not entirely convinced about the logistics being easier - but it would definitely look a lot better.

Nelson Dock would also solve any potential access issues

I've just bloody said that

March 19, 2017, 08:33:42 PM
Reply #39

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
If the nelson dock rumour is true then one thing is for sure: unlike Kirkby, this isn't getting done "on the cheap"

March 20, 2017, 08:13:22 PM
Reply #40

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Nah, i love this kind of stuff even when it has nothing to do with Everton and follow it religiously.

The bird who did that may as well be showing off an A-level design project.

Every 2 or 3 years there is a little groundswell of support and some plans appear for expanding the network and nothing comes of it.
Due to the 10-streets project there will deffo be a new station between moorefields and sandhills, but don't expect any more than that.

March 21, 2017, 03:06:26 PM
Reply #41

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
55k i reckon is about right. With a stadium plan that allows a further ~20k by easily filling in the corners we're all talking about.

March 21, 2017, 04:07:38 PM
Reply #42

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
All well and good - but Anfield has just started looking into phase 2  of expansion.
Anfield road expansion got planning permission at the same time as their main stand, but they didn't want to start it until the main stand was complete and a review was done.

Long story short, they'll be playing in a 58, 800 seater stadium by the time we've built our new stadium.

(What is more interesting is that they have permission to build 8 apartments as part of the Annie Road build. I've wondered if you could attach a view of the pitch to that and charge an exorbitant amount fo annual rent as a further income stream to inflate the figures for FFP. Like Moshiri takes a pad for £1m a year or something)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 04:16:34 PM by Mick 1995 »

March 21, 2017, 04:15:58 PM
Reply #43

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber

March 21, 2017, 04:27:26 PM
Reply #44

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
ah, i hadn't heard that. I know they kicked off over the main stand for that.
But as the Anfield road was guaranteed to just be general sale tickets with no corp's i thought they were made up with it.