October 17, 2019, 12:56:51 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 472277 times)

December 18, 2016, 07:51:34 PM
Reply #30

Alanvideo

Not much has changed about Goodison Park since it was built 124 years ago (Getty)

Apart from totally non-original stands on all 4 sides yeah?
.................it refers more to the area than the ground -
`
< Not much has changed here since Everton moved in 124 years ago and when Liverpool supporters turn up on Monday night, entering through the narrow Bullens Road turnstiles, it is likely that old jokes will be made about it being like going back in time.>
We are special ,we are Everton.

December 18, 2016, 08:25:19 PM
Reply #31

Alanvideo

The bit I've quoted is under a picture of the ground further on in the article.
.............yes ok you've quoted the picture caption but the article is more about the area round Goodison.
I've got mixed feelings here - I'll be glad to see us in a new ground but at the same time I'll miss the traditional feel of Goodison. and I'm concerned about the effect on Walton. Hopefully it will lead to some regeneration and EFC will still have a presence there.

December 18, 2016, 10:23:01 PM
Reply #32

Alanvideo

Just a thought, the cost of filling in the dock area would be huge - could it be used instead as an underground car park (still a major cost but could bring savings and help with congestion etc). Would probably also make it more attractive as a venue for concerts and other stuff.
...............I read somewhere about a part-sunken football stadium ...........and then there's this....
http://theweek.com/articles/602396/football-stadium-tomorrow-may-surprise

I'm sure the architects will be looking at every possibility for such an interesting  site as B-M dock.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 11:12:59 PM by Alanvideo »

December 20, 2016, 03:11:30 PM
Reply #33

Alanvideo

December 21, 2016, 01:02:46 AM
Reply #34

Alanvideo

reckon he'll be giving a talk at the AGM
.............who ?

December 21, 2016, 01:51:49 AM
Reply #35

Alanvideo

This architect fella
............ah right. Hoping to be there if my paperwork gets done in time but the holidays are going to get in the way.

December 21, 2016, 04:23:27 AM
Reply #36

Alanvideo

got my invite last Monday despite the fact that my actual share hasn't come through yet

presuming I've been added to the list of shareholders but the paperwork part is taking it's time?
..............your deal must have been done and the paperwork will follow.  Mine is still in the pipeline . I spoke to the Head of Legal Services at Everton today and he was very helpful so fingers crossed.

December 21, 2016, 05:23:02 PM
Reply #37

Alanvideo

Just been sent this, I'm not on instagram and have no idea how it works

https://www.instagram.com/p/BORdM4vg3Vy/

............am I missing something here ? just seems to be a general view of North Liverpool ,including our potential stadium site.

December 26, 2016, 02:49:24 PM
Reply #38

Alanvideo

Attend what?
...............he's told you in the title of his post.

December 29, 2016, 02:20:35 PM
Reply #39

Alanvideo

From The Echo today..........
Liverpool Waters assistant project director Ian Pollitt was pictured at Bramley-Moore dock in October when Everton’s majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri and chairman Bill Kenwright visited the site.

Asked about Peel’s involvement with the club he said: “We are talking to Everton. We are in discussions with them. It’s been ongoing.

“It would be good to see it in our development. But if it didn’t happen we’re quite confident we can do the development without them.

“It’s something we’d like to see there. So we’re working with Everton and the city on that. So watch this space.”

Everton is expected to make a decision on which stadium site to pursue early in the New Year.

January 06, 2017, 04:22:15 PM
Reply #40

Alanvideo

Our Kev thinks ships still look like this............

January 11, 2017, 06:33:20 PM
Reply #41

Alanvideo

January 11, 2017, 09:44:47 PM
Reply #42

Alanvideo

January 12, 2017, 01:34:43 AM
Reply #43

Alanvideo

Deffo not 1000 rooms, but yeah - there is an arbitrary number knocking about.

There are 2 5* hotels being considered in the city now.
We build one as part of the complex and if Liverpool waters ends up with another then it could be knocking on the door.

But there's still all kinds of hoops/backhanders that would need to be sorted as well.
.............doubt if there will ever be 1,000 5* rooms in Liverpool despite new places opening.  The Emirates doesn't qualify because of lack of parking etc . Plenty of scope for brown envelopes though.

January 13, 2017, 11:37:37 PM
Reply #44

Alanvideo

Quote from Mick and Sir Blue ..........
< <  Right now, there are two entrances to the dock (both equidistant from Blackstone Street, one being opposite the Bramley pub).
one for the away fans one for us? No way could it support that volume of fans exiting at the same time.

I suppose both could be opened for home fans and possibly be sufficient if we purchase land/make it safe to herd away fans through Nelson dock.or just let them swim across the mersey?

One thing's for sure though, the infrastructure improvements required are massive. >>
..............this is a major problem and the health and safety boys will be all over it. If it was just a matter of a few new gateways it would be ok ,subject to Listed Building Consent. But to get 50,000 fans in and out while retaining access for emergency services . I think the club will need to control a much greater area of land than just the stadium site . We could be talking about raised walkways ,bridges ,underpasses etc. to get people away to public transport.