August 21, 2018, 03:10:38 AM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 290913 times)

January 14, 2017, 02:30:41 AM
Reply #45

Alanvideo

Exactly.

Those "major obsticals" mentioned in the AGM? They weren't being cute - this is far, far from a done deal.
.............Indeed. Before anything can progress there will have to be an agreement between Peel ,EFC and LCC to facilitate the smooth passage of a planning application. I can quite see a situation where one party or another says ' it just won't work ' .
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 02:36:52 AM by Alanvideo »
We are special ,we are Everton.

January 20, 2017, 10:49:30 PM
Reply #46

Alanvideo

Why do Spurs feel that the second most important thing about their new ground is its got a bakery onsite?
.................it's going to be the biggest Greggs in London  ;D

January 21, 2017, 05:52:33 PM
Reply #47

Alanvideo

I don't know where to start with this.

30k for something that you'll only get the benefit of if you miss the start and end of the games?
...............missing the start and end of games doesn't seem to bother a lot of people at Goodison

January 24, 2017, 03:58:38 PM
Reply #48

Alanvideo

Id like to see St Rupert's tower added somewhere
................you better get on the phone to the Vatican mate . He's only a Prince at the moment.   lolol

January 29, 2017, 05:24:25 PM
Reply #49

Alanvideo

January 29, 2017, 05:46:31 PM
Reply #50

Alanvideo

After reading that I can only conclude that we're staying put and ticket prices will be going up Al.
...............I think we'll stay at Goodison until we get a few years wear out of the cladding.

January 30, 2017, 09:54:08 PM
Reply #51

Alanvideo

February 01, 2017, 05:09:00 PM
Reply #52

Alanvideo

There was a goods station at Great Howard St. ,just North of Leeds St. on top of that big arch but I can't find any mention of a passenger station. There is a piece of land on Lightbody St. which could maybe house a station and that is very close to the Tobacco warehouse. LCC have said there is a new station planned but I don't know exactly where.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Lightbody+St,+Liverpool+L5/@53.4224524,-2.995451,3a,75y,73.31h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1smtKRdePp7fmhRe9Fw4_wlQ!6s%2F%2Fgeo0.ggpht.com%2Fmaps%2Fphotothumb%2Ffd%2Fv1%3Fbpb%3DChAKDnNlYXJjaC5UQUNUSUxFEiAKEgkLMO6aSyF7SBEo7jXhywzwzyoKDQAAAAAVAAAAABoECFYQVg%26gl%3DGB!7i13312!8i6656!4m5!3m4!1s0x487b214b9aee300b:0xcff00ccbe135ee28!8m2!3d53.4224414!4d-2.9954986!6m1!1e1
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 05:12:16 PM by Alanvideo »

February 03, 2017, 04:12:23 AM
Reply #53

Alanvideo

Based on the 2022 games timetable ,the 2026 games venue won't be known till 2019 at the earliest. Surely EFC ,Peel and LCC aren't going to just sit back and wait to see what kind of a stadium is required ? There's no saying Liverpool will even get the UK nomination.

February 03, 2017, 02:45:01 PM
Reply #54

Alanvideo

What about the P&O ferry
............think it's Gladstone Dock for the Dublin ferry. It's right up by the container port.

February 08, 2017, 03:20:37 PM
Reply #55

Alanvideo

This Peel video isn't new but I haven't seen it posted. Dated Feb 2016 ,it gives a good overview of the BM site and close-ups of the dock wall and Victoria Tower ,which looks badly neglected.

February 08, 2017, 07:14:42 PM
Reply #56

Alanvideo

This has been mentioned before. The roads will be made fit for purpose but footfall is tougher.

The attached picture shows current holes in the wall. The blue cross represents Bramley Moore dock's gate.
Two things are certain:
- That is insufficient space for police/fire/premier league rules and regulations for both home and away fans to use to exit the area
- We will not be able to knock down any of the dock wall at all.

I'd say we'll buy access to the gates represented by the purple & green crosses (and thus the break in the wall represented by the 2 red lines as well). Routes will have to be made through working docks then - which will be a shitty way of getting the match.
In saying this, Nelson dock is part of Liverpool waters so that will imrpove (see pic 2)

...............Have to partly disagree .I think it will be possible to apply for permission to modify the dock wall to provide new  or wider entrances /exits. Plenty of listed buildings get modified as long as the alterations are in keeping with the original in terms of scale and materials. There will be health and safety considerations which will help our case.

February 08, 2017, 07:50:02 PM
Reply #57

Alanvideo

Well, there is utterly zero chance we can modify these gates:

We can modify this definitely:

But have you got any idea how much Peel have had to scale back Liverpool Waters due to parts of this kind of wall that has been BURIED for 100 years?
They've basically lost interest in it as a development and are now looking to flog it piecemeal due to the fight it would take to build on top of shit that, for all intents and purposes no longer exists.
I follow Peel and developments like this closely. Trust me, Kirkby residents and Jerry Hall have nothing on what we would encounter if we so much as wanted to paint this wall.

@GLewis , that second picture in my previous post shows Peels current plans for Nelson & Bramley. Nelson dock will 100% be dolled up with leisure activities.
Us taking Bramley, the council sorting Great Homer Street & merseyrail opening a station would instantly create an environment where there would be a clamour to invest and create leisure services in Nelson dock.
..............I bow to your superior knowledge of Peel ! I wasn't talking about modifying the ''turret '' style gate posts but possibly making new entrances in the same style. I can't believe the three gates you mentioned earlier are going to adequate for the egress of 50,000 people. I think it was mentioned in earlier posts the possibility of overbridges but ,again ,they would look out of place adjacent the dock wall.
As you say,I think the question of footfall is going to be a stumbling block ( no pun intended )

February 08, 2017, 07:53:51 PM
Reply #58

Alanvideo

Do you mean Great Howard street as Great Homer is miles away ?

...........yeh he's been watching too much Simpsons  :snigger:

February 09, 2017, 02:39:08 AM
Reply #59

Alanvideo

What are the building on Wellington Dock?

If Ten Streets happens that area will be transformed.
..................I think we'll get an idea of what's happening when the new road layout is published ,which is quite soon I think.
http://www.thetopbalcony.com/work-begins-on-18-million-dock-road-improvements-in-april/845