August 21, 2019, 04:06:07 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 447737 times)

March 21, 2017, 07:35:14 PM
Reply #45

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
"We've listened to the fans and noted how they have been talking about access, with that in mind we decided to go to the prestige location around a motorway. We're going to Stonebridge"

March 22, 2017, 02:42:40 AM
Reply #46

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
You had all better hope he doesn't take inspiration from around the stadium to build something unique.

We'd end up with 4 monstrous red-brick rectangles right out of a Lego set due to what's around there.

Remember the old power station stadium mooted for Chelsea?

http://i2.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article819141.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/A%20mock%20up%20of%20how%20Battersea%20power%20station%20would%20converted%20as%20Chelsea%20FC's%20new%20stadium
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 02:44:13 AM by Mick 1995 »

March 22, 2017, 04:03:30 PM
Reply #47

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
I'm astonished to hear that people thin kthere will be any press conference at all?
It'd be badly weird if there was.

Online images and maybe a few talking head soundbites from the architect/chairman/manager/captain.

Unless someone can point me to the press conference we had for Kings Dock/Kirkby? Whilst i wouldn't swear they didn't happen - i certainly don't remember them.

March 22, 2017, 04:30:00 PM
Reply #48

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
So will they announce that they've bought the land and then show some artists impressions of what it might look like do you think?

This was the Echo unveiling the first pictures of Kirkby:
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/revealed-evertons-150m-kirkby-dream-3508347

From what i remember, besides the images, the first thing Everton 100% officially did was a q&a with Wyness?

With the Kings dock there was even less. Kenwright just did an interview with the Echo i think. It was a little while later that images were completed.

I'd say, based on what has happened in the past:
We have skipped the announcement that we are looking to move (replaced by AGM type confirmations)
We have skipped the announcement by Kenwright where we are moving (replaced by pap photos and Anderson not being able to hold his own water)
We are skipping the vote all together (no bad thing this time around)
IF we release images then we are well down the timeline and the club have just kept their powder dry

March 22, 2017, 04:46:06 PM
Reply #49

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
I think given the hype this week it might be a bit underwhelming if we just get an echo article with artists impressions of what the stadium might look like IF we purchase the land and get permission to build it there

The hype hasn't come from the club though has it?

Not even the Echo. Literally all that has happened is the mayor has said something is happening on Thursday.
The twitterati may have built up hype off the back of that, bu for the vast majority of people(i.e. non-twitter people) they just think something may be announced tomorrow and it'll be sound if it is.

March 23, 2017, 12:24:15 PM
Reply #50

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
It would be hilarious if Anderson was referring to the common wealth games being announced today and not the stadium.

March 23, 2017, 03:18:03 PM
Reply #51

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Where do people think best place to get the news asap is?

Here?
Twitter?
Official Club site?
Google news?

Twitter is probably going to be the first place to tell you where the news is.
But obviously hitting f5 on both the Echo and the clubs OS is going to be the surest way of seeing the actual news first.

We've already lined up a copy and paste version for you incase it's the echo haha

March 23, 2017, 03:36:20 PM
Reply #52

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber

March 23, 2017, 03:48:36 PM
Reply #53

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
so do we think plans are going to be announced today as well? Or just that we have purchased the land...
Meiss was appointed last September iirc.
By Jan dont think we had formally agreed which of the 2 sites were going to happen.

Meiss deffo has designs, but whether they are final or not would depend on if he started on 2 sets of design last September

March 23, 2017, 04:10:22 PM
Reply #54

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Excitement levels have just gone to droopy stance. I was hoping to get blown away today. Maybe it could have waited until everything was in place?

Yeah, i'm starting to think there may just be a business annoucement from LCC or Peel to say an agreement has been reached.

One cryptic tweet that could be about anything aside, the only thing pointing to this being about a stadium is the Echo telling us it it.
But that could be a case of modern "journalism" just repoprting what people on twitter are saying.

March 23, 2017, 05:24:58 PM
Reply #55

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber

March 23, 2017, 07:03:38 PM
Reply #56

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
This is the meeting tonight...

http://councillors.liverpool.gov.uk/ieListDocuments.aspx?CId=1491&MId=15797

Could come under either the 10 streets stuff or the commonwealth games bit.

Anderson was definitely talking about the commonweath games wasn't he?

March 23, 2017, 07:21:25 PM
Reply #57

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Hopefully we will get a much better idea of how far along they are in the plans.

I would imagine that there is a contract in place to buy the land based on planning permission being granted to build the stadium.

If we have therefore found the site for the stadium, then surely 18 months planning will suffice, so build start date of September 2018? In the stadium for start of 2019/20 season? (Dreaming here, but still has realistic assumptions!)

add a year or 2 on i'd say. No way will it sail through planning. I'd be astonished if this wasn't called in for a number of reasons.

March 23, 2017, 07:28:19 PM
Reply #58

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah perhaps. It does depend on how much help we get from the council though i suppose. If they want to push this through, then i don't see why 18 months isn't possible. However with most of these things, i guess we can expect delays.

oh, they will definitely want to push it through.

But there are a number of bodies that will protest this and try to put a halt to it. (because there aways is).
If they are loud enough then it will be called in by central government and they can take ages to review something.

March 23, 2017, 09:05:23 PM
Reply #59

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Especially as @van der Meyde says the prospect of it being in Liverpool Waters was always seen as a pipe dream as Peel didn't want a ground there.

He was right.
Ashworth is on record as saying specificsally he didn't want a stadium there.

Then the financial world turned to shit, HS2 said it wasn't gonna come closer than Crewe and preservationists destroyed Liverpool waters to the point Peel will accept anything 'big' getting built there.