August 24, 2019, 04:16:32 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 451377 times)

November 23, 2017, 10:30:55 PM
Reply #45

blue1948

Well we all know what to expect this weekend ! The shite coming up with all kinds of objections .

December 21, 2017, 12:45:33 PM
Reply #46

blue1948

As said here, we have been down there it's far from fucking gentrified if anything it's close to derelict, fucking gentrified my arse.
You really do have a gift for words

January 13, 2018, 12:29:55 PM
Reply #47

blue1948

Runs between Hope St and Catharine St. (by the old womenís hospital) then up to Bedford St.
I suppose you all know but anyway -Hope street is the street that runs between the two cathedrals .

February 24, 2018, 03:06:21 PM
Reply #48

blue1948

I think the problem with an expandable stadium is that when we -might -want to expand there would be hurdles to climb yet again in satisfying all the relevant parties  especially if the new stadium for one reason or another pisses someone off -other than the turds across the park .AMENDMENT -they won't be across the park then though!!!

March 16, 2018, 10:14:24 PM
Reply #49

blue1948

If it is the case then Mr Meis better get his finger out for his plans to go through planning and sort out all the other relevant bodies in a year

March 23, 2018, 12:55:37 AM
Reply #50

blue1948

It's got to be bigger than anfield.

I don't know if that is realistic ,yes I want to beat them but cost is important and if it is well designed , in the skyline of the Mersey that will be enough to piss them right off .Much better than having them ram it down our necks about not filling the stadium .

March 23, 2018, 10:36:55 AM
Reply #51

blue1948

Canít believe so many actually had any kind of confidence in them.

Iím fairly convinced itís going to be a disaster and theyíve done nothing to persuade me otherwise so far.

They seem at least, relatively early in the process so we may have time to turn it around.

What a load of bollocks statement that is .You have nothing to back that up ,what more can they do ? They have to obtain all kinds of permissions ,they are at least to my knowledge the first to consult the fans and that alone means in truth they may not even know the ultimate capacity themselves .The architect is communicating with us ,no matter how mundane the questions .You must understand that despite the conjecture over capacity there must be a top line on funds .We are not going to get a ground like Spurs anyone with a brain must know that ,we are not going to get a ground with a higher capacity than Anfield because it is simply not economically feasible .Now you know the reality .

March 23, 2018, 05:39:31 PM
Reply #52

blue1948

Believe it when Iím fuckin sat in it lads.

And no surprise here is not even a semblance of a climb down!

March 23, 2018, 06:01:58 PM
Reply #53

blue1948

I'd be dissapointed if it's 50k tbh.

I think we're massively limiting our potential with that. Suppose there could be scope to expand but I'd rather we went 60k and risked a few empty seats.

Understand what Meis is saying though. Just think it kind of shows a lack of ambition.

The fanbase is growing year on year, to the point where we have a waiting list for season tickets now. A new ground should reflect that growth and I just hope it does.
I wish you were right but look at the record attendance and tell me it is growing year on year ! Yes I don't remember the season tickets being sold out for so long but I have a feeling that that is because of the affordability now .I had a season ticket in the 60',70's and 80's but have no recollection of there being a waiting list .That might have been due to the greater capacity then .

March 23, 2018, 06:05:22 PM
Reply #54

blue1948

Its starting to piss me off how long its taking, we've secured the land etc, Meis has been employed by the club to design the fucking thing for nearly 2 years now and yet there's still no images or ideas that we can look at. Now I understand that things take time and this is massive for us so we want to do it right, but get a fucking move on. Fan's chats with Meis should be interesting, but then what happens, we hear fuck all for another few months?
I think you have opened your mouth and not engaged your brain ,that or you have no idea about designing something with the constraints a heritage site brings and the fans on here posting ridiculous comments

April 14, 2018, 09:45:58 AM
Reply #55

blue1948

Philadelphia Union in the MLS has a great stadium that backs onto water in the Chester Area of Pennsylvania (20 miles from center city).  The capacity is for 18500 fans without a bad view in the house.  I think the stadium looks great although it will be obviously a lot smaller than our new home on the docks.  I have included a link containing stadium photos etc for you to check out.

https://www.philadelphiaunion.com/stadium/about

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder ,but I think you are half -blind.

August 14, 2018, 09:15:48 PM
Reply #56

blue1948

They are wrong it is short for Grandstand

November 14, 2018, 09:12:03 PM
Reply #57

blue1948

I canít see it being red brick for obviously reasons
I know concrete brick is a bit cheaper!

November 14, 2018, 09:15:20 PM
Reply #58

blue1948

I have a really good feeling about big Dan and I know he gets us ,so it is a bit like going to the doctor ,just trust he knows what he is doing and not so bad so far !! The fact he replies to so many twitter posts is so reassuring to my mind .

November 14, 2018, 09:17:06 PM
Reply #59

blue1948

I know I'm biased and I've said it before but if you look at the Wales Millenium Centre in Cardiff Bay and the way the outside of the building has incorporated aspects of the former docks area into its design then I think you have an awesome concept for a stadium. Even the big dome shape is a bit intimidating. Have a look at some of the slides in this link

https://www.sleeperz.com/cardiff/local-info-millennium-centre

I know there are a lot of Welsh decent people in Liverpool but do you think we can all read Welsh ? Nice link Blodwyn