November 22, 2017, 05:26:05 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 152647 times)

October 13, 2016, 04:08:28 PM
Reply #60

Simon Paul

Administrator
Joe Anderson is now supporting the dock and not Stonebridge cross

deCoubertin

October 13, 2016, 04:15:26 PM
Reply #61

Alanvideo

.............I think when he spoke as a fan he was always in favour of a dockland site . Is he now saying the same in his official role ?
We are special ,we are Everton.

October 13, 2016, 04:37:04 PM
Reply #62

Thornton_19

We must of made some pitch, with some incredible plans for the surrounding area!

October 13, 2016, 05:03:43 PM
Reply #63

Simon Paul

Administrator
.............I think when he spoke as a fan he was always in favour of a dockland site . Is he now saying the same in his official role ?

not sure he was speaking in an official capacity but he pretty much dismissed the idea of Stonebridge Cross the other day

October 13, 2016, 06:20:09 PM
Reply #64

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
I think if we ended up going for Stonebridge there could be a bit of back lash from a lot of fans.

Only concern about the dock would be how long it takes to improve the surrounding area, it would be a shame to have a nice stadium surrounded by wasteland and derelict buildings for several years.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

October 13, 2016, 06:30:25 PM
Reply #65

Simon Paul

Administrator
I think if we ended up going for Stonebridge there could be a bit of back lash from a lot of fans.

Only concern about the dock would be how long it takes to improve the surrounding area, it would be a shame to have a nice stadium surrounded by wasteland and derelict buildings for several years.

my main concern would be that we did what Stoke did and fill the surrounding area with car dealerships and the like

they're quick to throw up and there's already a few along that area so might just mean relocation for one or two, but they offer nothing other than space fillers on match days etc

needs to be done properly and attention to detail is key....things that offer the matchgoing fan something as well as being able to survive the rest of the week too....a hotel with a good sized bar, for instance, would be a good start

October 13, 2016, 06:35:00 PM
Reply #66

Macca77

Couple of pubs, cafes and a poundbakery would be splendid

October 13, 2016, 06:36:06 PM
Reply #67

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
my main concern would be that we did what Stoke did and fill the surrounding area with car dealerships and the like

they're quick to throw up and there's already a few along that area so might just mean relocation for one or two, but they offer nothing other than space fillers on match days etc

needs to be done properly and attention to detail is key....things that offer the matchgoing fan something as well as being able to survive the rest of the week too....a hotel with a good sized bar, for instance, would be a good start

completely agree with that too.

Even flash apartments or office blocks offer nothing for the match goer.

Restaurants, Bars, hotels etc would be ideal, especially if there is a handy rail link to town.

Some clever city planing goes along way. The walk way near the Hilton hotel that links L1 to the docks was a revelation, i remember reading something like only 1 in 100 shoppers visited the docks if they were out shopping in town before that was there, now that figure is much much higher.

October 13, 2016, 06:48:05 PM
Reply #68

Alanvideo

You know what would be good ? a sort of railway on stilts running along the dock road into the city centre. Bit of a mad idea I know.........

October 13, 2016, 07:24:10 PM
Reply #69

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
We're gonna need chippies, bookies and boozers built in the same area

Everyone's had a cheeky KFC before the match too,we will need one of them
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

October 13, 2016, 07:30:35 PM
Reply #70

Bluenose 91

Couldn't they just build an exact replica of County Road on the dock?

October 13, 2016, 07:47:26 PM
Reply #71

Ross

Wonder of the Kopite security guard will let him in to wonder round or will he just have to peer through the gates?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/oct/13/everton-farhad-moshiri-proposed-sites-new-stadium
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

October 13, 2016, 07:51:47 PM
Reply #72

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Do we reckon it will need cladding?

October 13, 2016, 08:04:05 PM
Reply #73

Ross

Do we reckon it will need cladding?

Let's not run before we can walk hey Dunc!
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

October 13, 2016, 10:10:18 PM
Reply #74

Alanvideo

For anyone interested in how B-M Dock used to look ,about 29.5 minutes into this link it shows the old dock and the switchback where the overhead railway dropped down to allow the dock railway to cross over. Also in view is the tobacco warehouse complex ,now part of which is the Titanic Hotel.