October 18, 2019, 11:10:31 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 472825 times)

February 09, 2017, 04:16:35 PM
Reply #60

Alanvideo

how hard would it be to "wrap" the stadium in a sloping ramp that goes over the wall and slopes down the other side in a similar curve that "wraps" around other stuff?

would make quite a cool structure and give plenty of scope to have statues etc on it as the main walkway

or maybe we could make it like Wembley?

fans go in at a higher level than services / teams / employees so that access at road level isn't a problem because fans don't use that entrance to the ground - incorporate a massive ramp like Wembley Way from the south of the site and a smaller one from the north and job's a good 'un (we're billionaires like, so money shouldn't be an issue!)
.................I was thinking about the Wembley example last night ,in fact I looked at Wembley on Google Earth. The idea of a ' flyover ' walkway to get fans across the road and the dock wall at the same time might be considered.
We are special ,we are Everton.

February 09, 2017, 10:55:13 PM
Reply #61

Alanvideo

Just posting this for those who are interested - Heritage tour of the docks in 2012. BM dock appears at about 10.30 minutes in and later on too. It shows inside the dockers clock and at about 21.10 minutes shows the dock gates opposite the pub  ,showing the original timber gates on wheels ,which I never knew existed. Unfortunately you can' hear much commentary because of the wind noise.

February 10, 2017, 04:39:43 AM
Reply #62

Alanvideo

Not been down that way for years so I don't know how this ended

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/peel-apply-knock-holes-historic-3353900

If it was passed maybe precedent has been set already?

My worry is we'd need it to be more gateways than wall to pass health and safety protocol for a new public stadium.
....................as @Mick 1995 and myself have hinted  ,there is a possibility that there may be too many planning considerations to make this scheme viable . But as @GLewis has said ,you would think EFC (and Peel) would have some idea of what can and can't be done before engaging architects or consultants. We don't know anything really ,we need a mole in the planning dept.

February 10, 2017, 08:57:19 PM
Reply #63

Alanvideo

That bit on the imeediate left is where Peel wanted to knock through. Brings you out into Trafalgar dock (and would be perfect for an away fan gate.
It was a seperate application to the main one and i can't see news on the result anywhere.

The wall is from a different period and of a different material, but i dont think that matters in the grand scheme of things. It's all considered the same wall for planning purposes.

May consider asking the echo to follow up on that actually.
..............going back to the post by @Ross about Peel's application in 2012 ,there are two pedestrian doorways in the dock wall by the Malmaison but whether they were pre-existing I can't say. The wall at this point is older and brick built. As the docks expanded Northwards I assume they started to use granite for the walls and turrets.
Incidentally many of the dock walls ,including B-M ,i.e . the dock retaining walls are also listed. The only thing that isn't listed around there is the water.

February 12, 2017, 09:58:11 PM
Reply #64

Alanvideo

February 13, 2017, 02:08:13 AM
Reply #65

Alanvideo

from Top Balcony......
<<  If Everton can get the purchase of the land over the line, it could allow Peel to use it as the big announcement of MIPIM.

That would be good for Peel, good for the city and good for the club. >>
................What announcement could Peel make ? Surely EFC could only agree to buy the land subject to planning permission being granted ?

February 18, 2017, 11:52:46 PM
Reply #66

Alanvideo

there seems to be an awful lot of wood being stored on the site at the moment
..............when you say ' the site ' do you mean NSNO ?

February 19, 2017, 02:22:51 AM
Reply #67

Alanvideo

haha, tired and lazy typing!
...........just kidding mate. Anyway what kind of timber  ? sheets , lengths , large section beams or what ? Is it anything to do with ' the project '

February 19, 2017, 02:32:52 AM
Reply #68

Alanvideo

Looked like a mixture. A lot of sheets though. Would imagine its nothing to do with us though

Lots of work to do before even steel gets brought on site surely?
...................yes I doubt it's anything to do with a stadium which may or may not happen. I'm still not convinced it's going ahead but we all get excited at any bit of news don't we ?

February 19, 2017, 02:57:10 PM
Reply #69

Alanvideo

Anyone any idea how deep the dock Is?
.............Docks of that age seem to be only about 20 ft. depth of water . Seaforth dock is 50 ft. deep but that was built for much larger ships than the coal trade which used BM dock.

February 19, 2017, 04:15:22 PM
Reply #70

Alanvideo

Without wishing to cause an argument , 100 ft to 1500 ft refers to the scale of the plan ,it doesn't say that's the depth .
From what I can discover Huskisson dock has a depth of 27 ft of water and Sandon has 25 ft. I guess BM has a similar figure . The depth could be increased by drawing water from the river and I assume this was one of the uses of the hydraulic tower. These depths only refer to the water and there might be 10 to 15 ft above the water to get the total depth of a dock.
Not sure why we're having this conversation but it is interesting ( to me at least )
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 04:52:49 PM by Alanvideo »

February 28, 2017, 11:10:43 PM
Reply #71

Alanvideo

................Does this help ?
BREAKING: Liverpool put forward as replacement Commonwealth Games 2022 host
http://bbc.in/2m3DQj4  via @BBCNews
4:30 PM - 28 Feb 2017
The possible withdrawal of Durban has sparked interest in the British city of Liverpool.

A spokesperson for the city council said: "Liverpool is interested in hosting the games in 2022. We had heard rumours that Durban might be unable to deliver the Commonwealth Games in 2022 and have already indicated to the government that we are very willing to host them instead

March 01, 2017, 07:40:08 PM
Reply #72

Alanvideo

Joe Anderson said we would be well playing in our new stadium by 2022. So i assume it wouldn't be built for that purpose!

Radio City News‏
@RadioCityNews

Follow
 More
Liverpool Mayor Joe Anderson has told us proposed EFC stadium or converted Anfield could be used for 2022 Commonwealth Games

March 02, 2017, 09:32:36 PM
Reply #73

Alanvideo

As others may have said ,there are plenty of other sports in the CG ,like rugby 7's and hockey ,it's not just athletics. IF we get the stadium and IF the games come to Merseyside it would be spread around venues. If we had a nice new stadium we could host the opening ceremony though !

March 08, 2017, 01:56:30 AM
Reply #74

Alanvideo

Henry Winter says he's seen proposals

Meaning he's seen the Echo website and their mock-up where they take a generic stadium, stick an Everton badge on it, and photoshop it next to the Mersey
..................exactly what I thought.