October 18, 2019, 08:03:42 AM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 472607 times)

September 18, 2016, 03:39:27 PM
Read 472607 times

Rhys

Not believing anything until the Esk says Bramley is ours

October 14, 2016, 03:02:14 PM
Reply #1

Rhys

So it's a matter of haggling over the price for the land, and then we can crack on?

I won't believe it until moshiri has text Jim White to watch this space.

October 14, 2016, 10:19:42 PM
Reply #2

Rhys

Do you think all these potential sites are down to Moshiri or just good timing?
Whatever happens (bar something catastrophic) if Moshiri delivers the stadium he'll be seen as a modern legend who hopefully brings us back to the big time.
Yes it's a long way off and nothing's even concrete yet but you get the feeling that Moshiri knows business and how to do business well.
Can't f@"king wait!

It's down to him because we finally have a way of funding something without begging the council to pay for it or looking for a partnership like tesco to do it with. Previously we would be limited by sites purely because if we did a tesco type deal it would only be where they wanted something, Kirkby, not where was best for us.

Now we finally have something where we can choose the option which suits us, which why after all these years for the first time I actually feel confident we will get something sorted and will be something most of the fans will be happy with rather than the 52% or whatever it was that said yes to Kirkby.

March 23, 2017, 08:43:18 PM
Reply #3

Rhys

Loads of shitty little fansites and podcasts have built this up to something it isnt to generate more hits.

It's also because of how social media is now it is so easy for things to spread quickly and expectations get bigger and bigger. Plus you will get people or sites on twitter wanting to make it seem like they have info they might not so are happy to big things up and each time someone makes a tweet about it being a huge announcement peoples expectations rise further. As a result peoples expectations have grown from there will be some kind of announcement to people expecting the club to come out with plans and announce moving in dates by 5pm today.

If this was a decade ago we wouldnt have had the mayor of liverpool talking about it on twitter, we wouldnt have had any access to the architect involved and noise about it would have been kept to a minimum. There would have been rumblings and rumours but ultimately it would have been an announcement made that we've agreed a deal to purchase land and details to follow.

A deal for the land is the first part of the process, and it's a really good step because realistically they wouldnt have got to the point where the land purchase is agreed and announced unless they knew the next steps including funding to build it weren't going to be an issue. It's not like Kirkby where there was fan opposition let alone obstacles from locals, or the Kings Dock where we had no idea if we could get the money together, or WHP where there was no chance the council were going to fund it for us.

This is good news, and if this is the only news about it today, social media hyped rumours shouldnt make people disappointed about what is the first step to what is finally going to happen this time.

May 16, 2017, 07:48:23 PM
Reply #4

Rhys

They have certain details on the OS that relate to me personally anyway. I see what you mean, but basically they're only putting a few feelers out. I should imagine it will be more official, further down the line. :)

I imagine they will take most notice of the people who go to the meetings to give their view than fill an online survey. And it would take a serious wind up effort to go to regular meetings to try and get us a 45k bowl.