September 15, 2019, 12:30:29 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 461251 times)

June 08, 2018, 02:52:17 PM
Reply #195

Alanvideo

Yeah, they're a worry.

Especially when the main players behind all of this revamp (Peel) are talking about knocking down some of the dock wall for better access to the just-started Princess dock phase of Liverpool Waters.

Shit loads of concessions have been made to UNESCO already (to the point Liverpool waters has gone from the biggest, most magnificent development in the world, to a bit of a shit docks regeneration program). They want it treated as a museum at the expense of development.

I can't see anyway past fucking off the world heritage status without accepting no buildings can ever be built between Mann Island & the tobacco warehouse.
So we'll fuck it off.
.......................this article from last week seems to suggest that the threat of losing World Heritage status has abated - or that's how I read it.
http://ymliverpool.com/council-welcomes-recommendation-to-keep-world-heritage-status/33704
We are special ,we are Everton.

June 19, 2018, 08:22:56 PM
Reply #196

Alanvideo

from The Echo ,quoting Karl Barry ,representing Cataclean..............
But for many Everton fans, the key question will be what does having a licensed venue on the space earmarked for a new stadium mean for those plans?
He said: "Everton have the contractual option (for the land) that they can exercise at any time.
"If Everton decide to exercise their option then my client will have to leave and Everton Football Club will break ground when they want to, possibly before Christmas."
Wonder which Christmas he means ?

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/5000-capacity-venue-bramley-moore-14802684

June 20, 2018, 12:26:59 AM
Reply #197

Alanvideo

The Echo site now is practically unuseable from all the pop-ups - I just tried to read the article, so the video came on so I thought 'ok - watch the video' then a pop up came up that covered the entire screen and stopped the video as well, trying to get me to support women in tech? Fuck off!

I am a massive advocate for women in STEM but WTF has that got to do with what I was trying to read/watch? I've clicked my last Echo link ffs!
...............you have to delete the video pop up before it starts then its usually ok to read the article. Very annoying I agree.

July 18, 2018, 04:46:32 PM
Reply #198

Alanvideo

Pavements being added outside, positive news
....................nothing to do with the stadium though ,it's just general improvement work in the area.

July 18, 2018, 04:56:31 PM
Reply #199

Alanvideo

Why would a pavement be needed on that side of the road though? It's unused
...............there already is a pavement along there it's being widened and upgraded as part of a scheme to improve roads in the area. I've biked along there a few times it's pretty rough in parts.

<<  Phase 1: Leeds Street to Blackstone Street – Road widening phase (completed by spring 2018)
• Phase 2: Bankhall Street to Millers Bridge – Road widening phase (starting October 2017)
• Phase 3: Regent Road from Paisley Street to Nelson Street – New pavement/Resurfacing and cycleway provision phase (starting late October 2017)
• Phase 4: Boundary Street to Everton View – Upgrade of Traffic Signalised junctions and Street lighting with associated resurfacing (starting spring 2018)

Expected to finish by Summer 2019, the works are part of Liverpool City Council’s wider £250m Better Roads programme to improve the city’s road infrastructure and will be complemented by the creation of two new £20m waterfront link roads at the city centre end of the A565, which is being built to support a proposed new Cruise passenger facility.>>  (from Liverpool Express)

July 24, 2018, 02:47:43 PM
Reply #200

Alanvideo

Anderson answering some questions in today's echo

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/joe-anderson-explains-exactly-councils-14944087.amp?__twitter_impression=true
..........................are we going to get this loan through cabinet while Joe is still in charge ? There was some talk of him losing his position which would be a worry as he is our main proponent. I think he has 2 years left as mayor though. I don't see EFC putting in a planning application until /unless  the loan is approved.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 03:08:27 PM by Alanvideo »

July 24, 2018, 03:52:03 PM
Reply #201

Alanvideo

"and the naming rights and all of those things will belong to us"
...................yes in the event of EFC defaulting on the loan . But wouldn't any other loan provider have an equal or part claim ?

July 25, 2018, 02:26:25 PM
Reply #202

Alanvideo

With regards to the proposed new stadium at Bramley-Moore there is huge activity going on behind the scenes with Keith Harris, who is now a full-time Club employee, being responsible for delivering the stadium on time and to budget.
The budget for the new stadium is almost £500m and the finance, that is hoped to be in place during the 3rd quarter of this year, will be secured with the best interests of the Club in mind.
The planning preparations are going on in parallel and we can still expect the stadium to be ready for season 2022-23.
John Blain, Chairman, Everton FC Shareholders’ Association
....................re the finance ,we're already in the 3rd quarter and no news.

July 25, 2018, 03:04:57 PM
Reply #203

Alanvideo

July 25, 2018, 04:06:52 PM
Reply #204

Alanvideo

The site is limited as to what it can fit as well frmo all accounts. Listening to the last time i heard Meis talking about it, i got the distinct impression that we don't have the budget to do what would be needed to get it to 60k+ (because it would involve genuine, cutting edge procedures.)
...........yes he said something along those lines at St.Lukes. The last 5 or 10,000 seats are the most expensive and the constraints of the site make it even more so.

July 25, 2018, 05:24:26 PM
Reply #205

Alanvideo

@Mick 1995 I'm sure Richard Kemp brought this up a while ago so he's repeating himself. Of course the proposed loan has to go before the LCC Cabinet and could be thrown out .We'll see.

July 26, 2018, 04:33:59 PM
Reply #206

Alanvideo

Is it that easy to get tickets these days though? We'd have to increase our general sales allocation. Saying that bigger capacity would help with that.
.......................anyone looking for tickets when they get to general sale is only going to get the worst obstructed views. So they might not bother . (The exception is when the away team don't take the full allocation and we sell the UV to home fans. )
So I reckon we would pick up a lot more 'casual' fans if they could get a decent seat.
On the question of capacity @Bluedylan  ,Meis more or less said at St.Lukes the figure of 60k isn't physically do-able  ,even if it was  financially viable.

July 28, 2018, 04:49:17 AM
Reply #207

Alanvideo

Also, might I ask you folks a favour - for the Premiership preview series we are doing, my Canadian Fulham buddy is collecting tidbits on stadiums, including pictures.  Does anyone have a preferred/iconic shot of Goodison to suggest for me?

I will use this thread to summarize some of the Bramley Moore project (I'm a 55K man, and suspect that's about what we shall get).
.......................take your pick from these ,I prefer the floodlit shots.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=goodison+park&rlz=1C1GGGE_en-gbGB564GB608&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=uO99pyzh9P4cVM%253A%252Cyfar8Q8PYmUObM%252C_&usg=__I6heJjG0nlJRXZHGFH5Zau2xQiA%3D&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj00onfoMDcAhUPfMAKHUjTBoEQ9QEwB3oECAYQDA#imgrc=C8bfZxD5IPHlqM:

July 28, 2018, 10:01:47 PM
Reply #208

Alanvideo

For all we know ,companies controlled by Usmanov may be already involved in buying up property on the waterfront and around Regent Road.  It's a good investment and doesn't need approval by the PL . It just happens to be next door to our proposed stadium.

July 29, 2018, 10:57:11 PM
Reply #209

Alanvideo

the only thing I learned from that booklet is Keith Harris is the board member responsible for B-M Dock but they are going to appoint a Stadium Development Director under him.