August 19, 2019, 09:16:03 AM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 444278 times)

November 18, 2016, 10:22:59 PM
Reply #210

Alanvideo

Would the ground not be on the big flat piece of land at the top of that picture as opposed to actually filling in the dock?

That's where it looked like the pictures of the "meeting" were taken and also, i assume, where Sound City was staged.
......I dare say it could be on that site but that is/was Trafalgar Dock isn't it ?  I thought we were going for B-M dock which  is the one with the big double entrance opposite the pub. The name of the dock is set in the wall just up from there. Don't mind where on the docks it is really.
We are special ,we are Everton.

November 18, 2016, 10:27:26 PM
Reply #211

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

......I dare say it could be on that site but that is/was Trafalgar Dock isn't it ?  I thought we were going for B-M dock which  is the one with the big double entrance opposite the pub. The name of the dock is set in the wall just up from there. Don't mind where on the docks it is really.

No i know it's confusing

Sound City was billed as BM dock but as you say that is water.

Not sure why that wouldn't have been classed as Trafalgar Dock as no one is bothered about that?!

November 18, 2016, 11:57:10 PM
Reply #212

van der Meyde

No i know it's confusing

Sound City was billed as BM dock but as you say that is water.

Not sure why that wouldn't have been classed as Trafalgar Dock as no one is bothered about that?!
If I recall correctly, you entered Sound City through the BM gates opposite the pub and then the festival site was the warehouses on the strip perpendicular to Regent Road and on the strip next to the river, parallel to Regent Road, so festival was probably still BM dock.

November 19, 2016, 03:08:19 AM
Reply #213

Simon Paul

Administrator
they're talking about filling in the dock in all the stories I hear

wasn't it once designed to be a dry dock anyway?  would it be impossible to close some gates, drain it, and then fill it in quite quickly?

also, does that allow us to "build" ground works before filling in the dock, effectively saving time?

November 19, 2016, 03:17:00 AM
Reply #214

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

wasn't it once designed to be a dry dock anyway?  would it be impossible to close some gates, drain it, and then fill it in quite quickly?

also, does that allow us to "build" ground works before filling in the dock, effectively saving time?

Don't know.

:)

November 19, 2016, 04:02:10 AM
Reply #215

Alanvideo

............B-M dock is too big to be a dry dock. The ones I've worked in are usually built to accommodate one ship at a time and have stepped sides .
If you mean building ground works on the dock bottom ,it depends what was put in in 1848 ! I assume a concrete raft ,many metres thick ,would need to be installed before any new building was carried out.
There seems to be a bit of confusion at the moment about where exactly the proposed stadium site is . Is it B-M dock itself or a piece of land near to it ?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 04:17:39 AM by Alanvideo »
We are special ,we are Everton.

November 19, 2016, 05:08:06 AM
Reply #216

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
............B-M dock is too big to be a dry dock. The ones I've worked in are usually built to accommodate one ship at a time and have stepped sides .
If you mean building ground works on the dock bottom ,it depends what was put in in 1848 ! I assume a concrete raft ,many metres thick ,would need to be installed before any new building was carried out.
There seems to be a bit of confusion at the moment about where exactly the proposed stadium site is . Is it B-M dock itself or a piece of land near to it ?
Surely there is enough bullshit on the ko**ite forums and GOT to provide more than enough infill?
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

November 28, 2016, 07:02:42 PM
Reply #217

Trowel

www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

November 28, 2016, 07:25:58 PM
Reply #218

Macca77

How long before one of the hilarious reds will photoshop the pic replacing the G with a W?

November 30, 2016, 01:00:48 AM
Reply #219

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber

November 30, 2016, 03:38:07 AM
Reply #220

MmmblueBernard

Yay Christmas lights!
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

November 30, 2016, 04:08:08 AM
Reply #221

Macca77

It's a beautiful thing

November 30, 2016, 04:10:08 AM
Reply #222

Simon Paul

Administrator
Yay Christmas lights!

I found this interesting, but others probably don't

Everton don't let their own staff put the decorations up - they pay a professional Christmas decorating company to do it (I dare say they do stuff other than Christmas decorations too, or they'd be bored out of their arses the rest of the year!)

November 30, 2016, 04:30:24 AM
Reply #223

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
I found this interesting, but others probably don't

Everton don't let their own staff put the decorations up - they pay a professional Christmas decorating company to do it (I dare say they do stuff other than Christmas decorations too, or they'd be bored out of their arses the rest of the year!)

If they let their own staff do it then they'd be liable should anything happen to anyone whilst putting them up, or someone fell over them, or if they caught fire.

Paying someone else to do it takes away the h&s aspect as well as any decorations rented will have been PAT tested should they be electric.

Edit

The other reason could be they just want full control over what goes up, yo prevent people taking in what they want and having loads of horrible gaudi shit all over the place.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 04:31:44 AM by Goaljira »

November 30, 2016, 07:27:18 AM
Reply #224

Jamokachi

The other reason could be they just want full control over what goes up, yo prevent people taking in what they want and having loads of horrible gaudi shit all over the place.

Stops that spotty, Liverpool supporting teenager who works in the ticket office plastering the place in red tinsel.