September 21, 2019, 01:13:46 AM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 463632 times)

May 11, 2019, 01:22:04 PM
Reply #75

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
...............I think you are mistaken on this point.  The dockers clock stands at the river entrance to Salisbury Dock ,completely surrounded by water. 
As for the car park between the stadium and the river ,this is surely a non-starter . Matchday access would be almost impossible. There wouldn't be much room anyway due to the channnel that has to be maintained between the docks .

Apart from anything else, why would you block out the main point about being by the river both from views looking at the waterfront and also views from inside the stadium.

July 06, 2019, 01:07:17 PM
Reply #76

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Ancient city of babylon, only today named as a world heritage site by unesco. Who'd have thought the BMD could get that label years before, find it amazing

Sent from my POT-LX1 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Ironically it has fake gates marking the front of the site :)

July 26, 2019, 03:41:34 AM
Reply #77

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Very pleased with that.

Exterior looks like itís been inspired a bit by the Elbphilharmonie in Hamburg, but better.

July 27, 2019, 01:20:28 AM
Reply #78

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
To do with this specific regeneration and nothing imminent.

But there was a top level merseytravel meeting with Rotherham a fortnight ago and the 10 streets project does have talk of a station alongside it.

Yes youíd assume that theyíd be considering anything that eases the pressure on the centreís stations.

July 27, 2019, 12:37:34 PM
Reply #79

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
A few questions and mainly because I am
An idiot, but why are people saying one side of the ground is smaller than the others?

Also, I canít see what the Blue wave is?

My favourite part of the whole thing is ferry terminal drop off with bridge across to get to the growing. That would be the most unique feature of the whole thing.

Itís just that the ďhome endĒ is 13,000 the other end is less capacity.

I think the blue wave is what we want the home end to be thought of in the popular imagination.

July 27, 2019, 04:13:04 PM
Reply #80

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
The end opposite the home end Ďdropsí lower than the height of the rest of the other 3 stands. Iím one of those people wondering whether itís been done like that on purpose or whether itís due to land constraints behind that stand. I just think that if the stand was the same height as the others it would maybe look more aesthetically pleasing but would also increase the capacity slightly too. Itís the only part of the design that I could question in anyway to be fair

It will be site constraints or budget.

Iím sure they would have realised the capacity could be bigger if they just copied the other end.