October 18, 2019, 08:34:58 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 472780 times)

June 28, 2019, 12:25:17 PM
Reply #75

blue1948

It's a great idea and speaking as someone on the wrong side of 60 I'd sooner lean on a rail than bob up and down from my seat. Could they pipe ale through the rail and give everyone a metered tap ?
And a piss pot .

June 30, 2019, 12:12:11 AM
Reply #76

blue1948

The Albert dock is one of the main reasons I'll stick up for Heseltine when people start Tory bashing.

The only one of the fuckers that actively wanted Liverpool to prosper.

The city is a top level place now and it's entire turn around can draw a line of influence all the way back to him coming up the M6 to have a look around.

Funny isn't it as I never ever saw it that way at the time .Hated the man then and still do .

July 02, 2019, 02:01:51 PM
Reply #77

blue1948

If this is the way they are with BMD what about Goodison? Is that not of historic value ? The first grandstand etc. I think Mies will have this in hand

July 03, 2019, 11:35:07 AM
Reply #78

blue1948

Cross braced steel work is everywhere and just because it was laid naked to the eye as opposed to hiding it behind cladding doesn't mean you can patent it .If you buy a new car do you want the wheels off your old one ?or the seats ? It has to be something that is special to the time and place .All iconic buildings I can think of are dated that is what is recognizable .It is a hard brief to make it fit in and yet stand out but Dan the man will do it ( Just for you @ simon paul )

July 12, 2019, 05:33:09 PM
Reply #79

blue1948

Off on a bit of a tangent but I found out today that a Stadium is an old measurement used in pre-roman times .

July 12, 2019, 10:37:03 PM
Reply #80

blue1948

Social media will be full of moaning blues who all of a sudden will be experts in all forms of architecture
And red shite who have no right .

July 13, 2019, 05:17:18 PM
Reply #81

blue1948

Do you know what though - Meis must be well fucking confident to be dicking around with it on social media so much.

The Americans will lap up his designs over there because they generally have a positive, get behind it approach when new things arrive.

I don't know what experience he has had in other parts of the world but I'm not sure he's ready for the full on British football fan splashback when it happens.
Splashback ? Is there such a word as Sunamiback ?

July 24, 2019, 03:32:34 PM
Reply #82

blue1948

I used to teach in Bootle...when I'd get off the train there was a mad smell sometimes, heard different stories about what it was:

- dog food factory
- whale bone processing (you know, because of all those Japanese whalers that work the Mersey)
- cereal processing for beer (I assume they meant Cain's, even though it's been dead a while now)

Not once did I hear the very sensible reason of a water plant!

I was kind of hoping when people were talking about a smell that they weren't talking about this, but oh well. For what it's worth, the smell wasn't permanent or anything....some mornings it was in the air, others not. Maybe it only occurs when the plant is undertaking a certain process? And maybe they can avoid doing it on a Friday night / Saturday or Sunday?

What do I know anyway, I was told it was fucking whale bones!

I had a mate who had a sausage skin factory down there and when I worked there I had to use clothes I could throw away because the smell wouldn't come out . Interesting story is that when they wrung the intestines out a kind of mucus is pushed out and they had a big vat that they collected it in .I asked "Is it so bad that you need to dispose of it like that ?" he said see the Merc and the BMW outside ? They have been paid for by that stuff not the sausage skins !
It seems that with heart operations the biggest problem at that time was the scab that formed on the cuts and apparently this mucus stopped it scabbing and hence stopped the problem, or at least that one .He sold it to a Swedish company by the way not a UK one ,great isn't it !

July 24, 2019, 03:33:50 PM
Reply #83

blue1948

it does stink around there like, like a hot horrible smell - hope they can get rid of that somewhat.

horrible smell by that dog biscuit place on longmoor lane aswell

Is that Jacobs?

July 25, 2019, 08:50:09 PM
Reply #84

blue1948

It is like the biggest blind date of your life -your mate has shown you some snapshots and you have heard she as fit as a butcher's dog ,then you get dressed and head for the corner of Lewis's -next episode in a few hours .

Update : She is as fit as I hoped and more.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 02:19:34 AM by blue1948 »

July 25, 2019, 10:56:41 PM
Reply #85

blue1948

I'm not posting these mate

When it's revealed though it might look like someone parked a space ship on top of the tabacco warehouse

With loads of lights ?

July 26, 2019, 02:01:50 AM
Reply #86

blue1948

S
Canít believe those people were sitting in that tunnel area and didnít bother getting up to see the players
Sure I spotted Zouma there .

July 26, 2019, 02:17:30 AM
Reply #87

blue1948

I think they pulled our pants down ,with those line drawings and all the protests on release .They are nothing like this beauty ,not sure what i expected but this has blown my mind .Absolutely love it .

July 26, 2019, 10:38:25 AM
Reply #88

blue1948

Is it just me but doesn't the top look like an upturned boat?

July 26, 2019, 07:09:45 PM
Reply #89

blue1948

New Stadium looks amazing, I'm sure it will be an awesome place to watch football.

Im sure they have thought of this, but the only issue I kinda have is; rising sea levels to do with global warming..

study on it https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/climate/research/sea-level/

map of potential flooding

Im pretty sure this is estimated for the year 2100.. but sea levels are rising much faster than their predictions..

Don't know whether you missed it but they are going to fill the dock in!