October 20, 2019, 11:15:38 AM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 473384 times)

July 17, 2019, 04:28:56 PM
Reply #270

Alanvideo

from Twitter..........
Italian food giant Fratelli Beretta and multi-national company USM Holdings have expanded their commercial partnership contracts with #EFC.

Not sure what we get from Beretta but the USM/Megafon link could be interesting
We are special ,we are Everton.

July 17, 2019, 08:54:24 PM
Reply #271

Alanvideo

Sleeve sponsors on training gear isn't it?

Beretta will sponsor the academy
......................yeh I was thinking in a more general way. I think its the first time we've seen Megafon mentioned so that has to be a good thing for the Usmanov connection.
Do they use Beretta products at Goodison ? 

July 17, 2019, 09:18:48 PM
Reply #272

Alanvideo

I doubt any of the food served in the stands are as that will be provided by sodexo
....................I dare say they could be 'encouraged ' to use Beratta .Its an Italian firm .No pressure.  lolol

« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 09:26:05 PM by Alanvideo »

July 18, 2019, 11:29:49 PM
Reply #273

Alanvideo

@Toddacelli I have the whole thing on DVD and re-watch it every winter. Its also on Sky Atlantic now and then which I think maybe is a  free channel ? Just a shame James Gandolfini died before they could make the movie.
To answer your question on sponsorship ,I think its clear we are being run in a much more professional way these days.

July 22, 2019, 05:43:48 PM
Reply #274

Alanvideo

I read somewhere the dockers clock ( Victoria Tower ) will be restored by Peel as it should be.  It doesn't stand within the Everton site. 

July 23, 2019, 03:04:15 PM
Reply #275

Alanvideo

On our last day at Goodison I hope the club can open early and close late. I want to be there as long as possible. I want to say goodbye. Not in a Sky Sports generated West Ham way. Quietly. And in our own individual ways.

Will be a difficult thing walking out of Goodison for the last time.
......................don't worry on the frst point ,it will hardly get a mention on Sky.
But your last sentence really got to me. nod

July 25, 2019, 08:26:40 PM
Reply #276

Alanvideo

We've received another email to say we need ID to get in and all phones to be switched off at 6.0pm so for those not going any sense of occasion would appear to be beet experienced at 7.0pm online.
As TheRam says don't spoil it for yourselves by looking at unreliable tweets.
Presumably you will all have the 'hard' info before we get home but I'll still update on here with any question and answer stuff that may not be covered.  Assuming a 7.30ish finish we'll be home about 9.30.
Takeaway, glass of wine then type! So, about 11.0ish depending on what is said.
.....................I got the same email ,unfortunately I can''t get there and it says the invite is not transferable .Hope this place has aircon ,its going to be a squeeze if everybody turns up.

July 26, 2019, 01:14:09 AM
Reply #277

Alanvideo

A good mix of old and new materials and a stunning design. I'm in.

July 26, 2019, 01:22:40 AM
Reply #278

Alanvideo

July 26, 2019, 05:36:25 AM
Reply #279

Alanvideo

Stunning.

So, who do we want to see first home match in 2023-24?
...................I thought we were going for 2023/24 but Sky keep quoting 2024 as the opening date. Hope they're wrong.

July 26, 2019, 05:08:39 PM
Reply #280

Alanvideo

Meis has done the impossible- the wife has said she wants to come up to Liverpool for the weekend of our first game in the Stadium so she can see it too. This is a miracle
.......................when we get a date for the first game in 2023/24 ( or 2024 as Sky are saying ) I'm going to try and book a hotel for the weekend too. Prices are going to be astronomical but its a one off ,to hell with the cost.  :woohoo:

July 26, 2019, 08:16:43 PM
Reply #281

Alanvideo

i heard a while back about maybe another station being built closer to BMD has anyone heard anything about this?

am not too sure if its needed as sandhills is less than a mile away and roughly 15-20min walk
..........................It has been mentioned by LCC but I don't think Merseyrail have said anything.
I would say a new station would be desirable ,not only to serve BMD but the whole area which is to be regenerated. Apart from funding ,the problem is a lack of space to build a station especially as the line is elevated at this point.

July 26, 2019, 08:20:50 PM
Reply #282

Alanvideo

How far is BMD from the city centre?
................about 1.5 miles ,20 minutes walk not including refreshment stops

July 27, 2019, 02:14:30 AM
Reply #283

Alanvideo

Yeah, there are two stations the city region are pushing the travel companies to open. Between Moorfields & Sandhills and between Central & Brunswick.

Both being spoke about regardless of us.
....................the second one I take it you mean re-opening St.James which would be relatively simple  although very expensive tom bring up to modern day standards .
The first one is more difficult ,the line being on a viaduct and cramped for space.  I did a bit of foot slogging round there last year and the only place I could come up with was Sherwood St. if I recall correctly and that might have been  built over by now. Of course its not  just about BMD but to serve the whole area when regenerated.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 02:20:55 AM by Alanvideo »

July 27, 2019, 02:22:07 AM
Reply #284

Alanvideo

There's plans knocking about for the new north station.
I'm in a field near Yeovil at the minute so have limited Google skills.

But the area has already been marked out to build a raised station akin to Sandhills.
Touch further north than the tobacco warehouse, if memory serves.
...............yes I got mixed up with my streets and then lost signal .Hope you can understand my new post !