October 14, 2019, 01:20:02 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 470970 times)

December 10, 2016, 03:03:42 PM
Reply #270

Cozzie

Does anyone know if this is a regular shareholders meeting, or maybe something to do with the new stadium?

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2016/12/09/notice-of-general-meeting

Id imagine the stadium would be mentioned like.

December 10, 2016, 04:10:20 PM
Reply #271

Alanvideo

The club have not said it's an AGM but I think it is just that. They had to call the meeting within the calendar year 2016 even though the actual meeting will not be held until 2017.
No doubt the stadium issue will be mentioned even if it's only to say there's nothing to report.
We are special ,we are Everton.

December 10, 2016, 04:47:50 PM
Reply #272

Simon Paul

Administrator
The club have not said it's an AGM but I think it is just that. They had to call the meeting within the calendar year 2016 even though the actual meeting will not be held until 2017.
No doubt the stadium issue will be mentioned even if it's only to say there's nothing to report.

it's what has replaced the AGM

it's not a formal AGM but it's basically our new version of it and it'll be more of a presentation than anything else

hopefully my share transfer will have come through in time for me to attend

December 10, 2016, 05:16:19 PM
Reply #273

Alanvideo

it's not a formal AGM but it's basically our new version of it and it'll be more of a presentation than anything else

..............ditto

December 10, 2016, 09:23:32 PM
Reply #274

phillyt

Didn't we only just go back to having proper  agms as a result of shareholder unrest over the restricted  presentation style meetings where the club just lied and twisted the previous accounts?
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

December 10, 2016, 09:30:47 PM
Reply #275

Simon Paul

Administrator
Didn't we only just go back to having proper  agms as a result of shareholder unrest over the restricted  presentation style meetings where the club just lied and twisted the previous accounts?

no, they call them AGMs but they're not really

December 10, 2016, 09:46:20 PM
Reply #276

phillyt

no, they call them AGMs but they're not really

Well I did know there was a North Korean element to the planning of these events.
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

December 10, 2016, 09:48:48 PM
Reply #277

Simon Paul

Administrator
Well I did know there was a North Korean element to the planning of these events.

the articles of association don't actually make AGMs mandatory - which is how they cancelled them in the first place - so these "meetings" are more of a compromise with the club holding all the cards to cancel whenever they see fit

December 10, 2016, 10:18:40 PM
Reply #278

Danny

http://www.thetopbalcony.com/bramley-moore-dock-buildings-form-part-evertons-new-stadium/140

Saw that on reddit and though it was interesting, I do love the idea of repairing them to keep the character of the area.

December 10, 2016, 10:33:39 PM
Reply #279

Simon Paul

Administrator
http://www.thetopbalcony.com/bramley-moore-dock-buildings-form-part-evertons-new-stadium/140

Saw that on reddit and though it was interesting, I do love the idea of repairing them to keep the character of the area.

the clock is a protected structure anyway and from what I've been told won't be part of the actual stadium as on the picture below the stadium will be "below" the blue roofed building once the dock is filled in

the pump house isn't exactly an exciting structure either, but it'll make a nice feature if it's done up

the walls are key though.  they're historic and look excellent, but again they won't be "part of the stadium" but instead form the boundary between the plot of land and the road (which they do now)

December 11, 2016, 01:31:02 AM
Reply #280

Alanvideo

.......................You must be asking yourself the same question as me tonight .  :headbang:

December 11, 2016, 01:46:50 AM
Reply #281

Simon Paul

Administrator

.......................You must be asking yourself the same question as me tonight .  :headbang:

It'll come through before the agm so should be alright

Failing that I'll go as a proxy for the seller

December 12, 2016, 02:17:57 PM
Reply #282

Hawkandro

An Elstone Powerpoint Special.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

December 12, 2016, 02:29:21 PM
Reply #283

jonni

the walls are key though.  they're historic and look excellent, but again they won't be "part of the stadium" but instead form the boundary between the plot of land and the road (which they do now)
With that wall going all along Regent Road, is that gateway the only way on to the site? Could be quite the bottleneck.

December 12, 2016, 03:21:32 PM
Reply #284

blue1948

With that wall going all along Regent Road, is that gateway the only way on to the site? Could be quite the bottleneck.
Especially as both sets of fans would have to use it!