December 16, 2019, 09:16:48 AM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 490852 times)

December 12, 2016, 03:37:52 PM
Reply #285

Alanvideo

Any alterations to the dock wall would require Listed Building Consent and would need to be in keeping with the original.
Access to the site is the least of our problems !
We are special ,we are Everton.

December 12, 2016, 06:01:01 PM
Reply #286

Simon Paul

Administrator

With that wall going all along Regent Road, is that gateway the only way on to the site? Could be quite the bottleneck.

The away fans arrive by boat

December 12, 2016, 06:09:55 PM
Reply #287

Alanvideo

December 12, 2016, 07:36:48 PM
Reply #288

MmmblueBernard

The away fans arrive by boat

Certainly the away fans on Derby day. From across the North Sea.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

December 17, 2016, 01:30:08 AM
Reply #289

Alanvideo

December 17, 2016, 03:26:24 AM
Reply #290

efcforlife

December 18, 2016, 07:16:14 PM
Reply #291

Bluedylan

''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

December 18, 2016, 07:32:33 PM
Reply #292

Alanvideo

from the article ...............< Soon, though, the moment will arrive for Everton to go elsewhere. The Independent understands it is likely an announcement will be made about that in the next three to four months, with building work on a new site expected to start before the end of 2017. >
Well spotted. I think this is the first time anyone has printed a prediction of a start date.
What a moving ,tragic story about Neil Robinson's father too.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 07:35:25 PM by Alanvideo »

December 18, 2016, 07:42:46 PM
Reply #293

BlueBeagle

Not much has changed about Goodison Park since it was built 124 years ago (Getty)

Apart from totally non-original stands on all 4 sides yeah?

December 18, 2016, 07:51:34 PM
Reply #294

Alanvideo

Not much has changed about Goodison Park since it was built 124 years ago (Getty)

Apart from totally non-original stands on all 4 sides yeah?
.................it refers more to the area than the ground -
`
< Not much has changed here since Everton moved in 124 years ago and when Liverpool supporters turn up on Monday night, entering through the narrow Bullens Road turnstiles, it is likely that old jokes will be made about it being like going back in time.>

December 18, 2016, 08:00:27 PM
Reply #295

BlueBeagle

.................it refers more to the area than the ground -
`
< Not much has changed here since Everton moved in 124 years ago and when Liverpool supporters turn up on Monday night, entering through the narrow Bullens Road turnstiles, it is likely that old jokes will be made about it being like going back in time.>

The bit I've quoted is under a picture of the ground further on in the article.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 08:03:53 PM by BlueBeagle »

December 18, 2016, 08:25:19 PM
Reply #296

Alanvideo

The bit I've quoted is under a picture of the ground further on in the article.
.............yes ok you've quoted the picture caption but the article is more about the area round Goodison.
I've got mixed feelings here - I'll be glad to see us in a new ground but at the same time I'll miss the traditional feel of Goodison. and I'm concerned about the effect on Walton. Hopefully it will lead to some regeneration and EFC will still have a presence there.

December 18, 2016, 08:34:17 PM
Reply #297

cyberduck

I'll be glad to see us in a new ground but at the same time I'll miss the traditional feel of Goodison. and I'm concerned about the effect on Walton.

It seems stupid that the Council can't give us the extra land we need for us to build where we are now. They were going to give the RS some of Stanley Park when they wanted to build a new stadium.

Couldn't they use the land from one of these other potential sites mentioned over the years and create parkland there?

December 18, 2016, 08:39:07 PM
Reply #298

74Blue

.............yes ok you've quoted the picture caption but the article is more about the area round Goodison.
I've got mixed feelings here - I'll be glad to see us in a new ground but at the same time I'll miss the traditional feel of Goodison. and I'm concerned about the effect on Walton. Hopefully it will lead to some regeneration and EFC will still have a presence there.
I don't believe that Everton moving out of Goodison will completely sever our ties with the area. Let's not forget that they have already invested heavily in a Free School just around the corner. I would expect the club to continue to behave with class. Listening to the bits of what Mr Moshiri has said publicly so far, it appears that this is what he has bought into, with his eyes wide open. He seems to like a lot of what Everton Football Club is all about.
Of course moving will have an adverse affect on a number of small businesses in the immediate vicinity, who largely rely on matchday footfall for survival, but whilst this is unfortunate, it's just business. It's up to the owners of these businesses to work out a way to keep their businesses viable, not Everton's responsibility.

December 18, 2016, 08:43:31 PM
Reply #299

Simon Paul

Administrator
It seems stupid that the Council can't give us the extra land we need for us to build where we are now. They were going to give the RS some of Stanley Park when they wanted to build a new stadium.

Couldn't they use the land from one of these other potential sites mentioned over the years and create parkland there?

the houses around Goodison are owned by private landlords mostly

there was talk in 2007 when KEIOC spoke with the Council and Warren Bradley (who was the leader of the council then) said he had spoken to the landlords and they were all open to property swaps (where they would get a bigger property in, say, Edge Lane, in exchange for their house on Goodison Road / Gwladys Street) but that will have all changed now as the council have less empty property stock

the costs of redeveloping and lack of opportunity to sell retail stuff around the ground is what is stopping us really though, not the fact that it's hard to get the land