February 26, 2020, 07:15:07 AM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 519650 times)

December 24, 2019, 01:38:47 AM
Reply #300

Alanvideo

What an iconic stadium this is going to be .Prime riverside location which will pull in the punters 7 days a week.
Well done to Mosh & co. for even getting a foothold here .Can you imagine how we would feel if the shite were building on this site ?
In my heart I never wanted to leave Goodison but BMD is something else.
We are special ,we are Everton.

December 24, 2019, 03:55:12 PM
Reply #301

Alanvideo

Doesn't really matter. Couple of thousand more would cost more and they don't actually produce that much money. They would be high up so wouldn't be the most expensive ones. Say, £40 a pop. So a thousand spectators would mean 40k per match and over the season less than million. So say it was 5k bigger, that would increase gates by about £4m but then you have to consider how much more the stadium would cost. As Meis said, the last seats are always the most expensive. So the returns diminishes as you make it bigger.

But that's expecting full house every match for ever. What if the weather's bad or the opponents don't make your heart race? And if you can get tickets from the gates, how many would not buy a season ticket?
.................Season tickets are such a good buy especially when the club have frozen prices for a few seasons now. I would expect ,at least at first ,there to be an uptake in ST's from the current figure of 33,000 to maybe 40,000 ?
That would still leave plenty for casual supporters and away fans .  Many clubs don't take their full allocation now but that might change with the attraction of a new stadium with better facilities.

December 24, 2019, 06:06:24 PM
Reply #302

Alanvideo

Something of this size *has* to be called into central doesn't it? Even if LCC think it's ok?
I know some powers changed when we got a metro-mayor and some devolved powers, but i don't remember seeing any change to this type of thing.

Rising water levels is genuinely going to be a catastrophic issue there if this stadium is planning on existing as long as goodison has
...............there is a danger ( timewise ) it will be called in if it is deemed of national significance. I think Peel already have permission to redevelop the whole area so hopefully BMD may be covered by that. 
The Secretary of State still retains the power  to call in the plans ,especially if requested to do so by any public body or individual.   

December 25, 2019, 03:24:07 AM
Reply #304

Alanvideo

quote from DBB .............
Professor Barrett-Baxendale also pledged to continue to engage with fans throughout the next phases of the project and provided an update on the club’s approach to funding and construction.

She said: “Our stadium development team will continue to work on the process of selecting a contractor and finalising our funding solution, which won’t be publicly revealed until after we have successfully gained planning permission.”

December 26, 2019, 02:18:03 PM
Reply #305

Alanvideo

3 years I think they said.
..............yes 3 years build. The original target date for moving in was August 2022 but then the club decided on  the extra consultation period before plans were submitted .This should have ironed out most problems which could have blocked the plans.
So now the earliest we could be in is the beginning of season 2023/24 .That's the best case scenario and I wouldn't put money on it happening on time.  If the plans are called in that would add another year and then the inevitable delays in delivering such a huge project.

December 26, 2019, 03:06:38 PM
Reply #306

Alanvideo

Hope we don’t use the same electrical contractor as Spurs ! Took them almost four years to complete but they also had compulsory purchase issues though. Do we have to actually fill a dock with concrete ?
..................the dock has to be filled and compacted to provide a base to build on but it won't be entirely concrete.  Probably a similar method to the submarine hall at Barrow shipyard which was built on an infilled dock . Millions of tons of fill and then a concrete raft .
I read somewhere the actual dock walls have to be protected but I don't know in what way. No doubt somebody on here will know more about it.

December 27, 2019, 08:39:28 PM
Reply #307

Alanvideo

December 27, 2019, 11:42:47 PM
Reply #308

Alanvideo

From The Times August 2018.........
<<<<  Alisher Usmanov, the former Arsenal shareholder, says he is keen to remain involved in football and would be interested in investing in clubs around Europe such as Everton.
Usmanov earlier this month agreed to sell his 30 per cent stake in Arsenal to Stan Kroenke, who will take full ownership of the club.
The Russian’s USM Holdings already sponsor Everton’s training ground, Finch Farm, and he is a friend and business partner of Farhad Moshiri, the Everton major shareholder.
“We are friends with Farhad Moshiri,” Usmanov told Bloomberg.
“If he needs the support, I am happy to help.”  >>>

Its possible there is a time restriction after selling his shares before he could invest in a rival PL club and that time may be approaching. 

January 10, 2020, 06:24:07 PM
Reply #309

Alanvideo

Mersey Civic Society have backed the stadium plans, whatever that means
...............not much but its better than them opposing the plans
https://www.peoples-project.co.uk/merseyside-civic-society-backs-everton-stadium-plans/

January 15, 2020, 10:10:15 PM
Reply #310

Alanvideo

Yeah, more than one kopite has pointed out "innocently" to me that nobody in England has moved grounds and become more successful.
Best i've been able to come up with in answer is Southampton.
............Everton 1892 ?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 10:21:55 PM by Alanvideo »

January 28, 2020, 01:23:20 AM
Reply #311

Alanvideo

a friend forwarded this to me re: US sports stadiums affected by weather/climate change

I wonder if this has been considered or is something to be concerned about?

...............Bugger . I thouight you were posting some actual news.
I asked the city planning dept. when they were putting the detailed plans up on the website.They couldn't or wouldn't say.

January 28, 2020, 01:39:00 AM
Reply #312

Alanvideo

AGM was on the 14th, so going by this the detail should be published in the coming days...

Q: Where is the application [for new stadium] at the moment? Is there a danger that the government might decide to call it in?’

A: Colin Chong says application will be on the planning portal in the next couple of weeks. Process takes a minimum of 13 weeks. Work carried out to date tried to anticipate all the legal and technical questions by LCC and other statutory stakeholders. We think we’ve got all the answers but there is always a danger something comes out of the woodwork
..................more likely to be 16 weeks minimum and even that can be extended by LCC. It really is about time they at least got the detailed plans up on the planning portal . Even allowing for holidays they 've had nearly a month.

January 28, 2020, 02:47:34 AM
Reply #313

Alanvideo

It absolutely WILL get called in by government, ANY development of this size will need to be scrutinised at government level, especially on a World Heritage Site

The size of the public consultation - and the opinion gained from it - does their work for them though

What good would a public inquiry do?  And at what cost?  Everotn have already privately funded the biggest public consultation this century which would likely get a better response than a public inquiry would in terms of numbers, but likely the same in terms of opinion.

Unlike Kirkby there are no protest groups from the local community or supporter groups, so there is unlikely to be any formal objections

It's a necessary step, and there is no need to panic when it happens.
.............unless you have  inside knowledge , we don't know if it will be called in . You say it WILL but then list  the reasons it won't be.
The amount of consultation the club have done should negate any local objections and unless there are dark forces at work within LCC I don't think the govt. will see any need to call it in ,despite the size of the project. 
My concern would be the delay that would be caused by the public enquiry that would probably be part of any calling-in process.  Fingers crossed we avoid such a scenario.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 02:57:14 AM by Alanvideo »

January 28, 2020, 02:31:00 PM
Reply #314

Alanvideo

No, he states it will and then goes on to say why it will not be anything to worry about.

The official line is:

The secretary of state will normally only do this if the application conflicts with national policy in important ways, or is nationally significant.

A project of this size, on an area of land that's within the 2003 remit of the world heritage site, absolutely falls into both of the categories that gets called in.

We genuinely need to just get over our own opinions on matters like this, it seems to happen with everything that happens with the club.

That way, when it gets called in, there won't be gnashing of teeth and people losing their mind at the club/LCC/central.

And if they decide it's not important that we're building a massive national level stadium on a plot of land we shouldn't be building on without highest level scrutiny? Sound, it'll shave 6-18 months off the build time.
.................I know what the official line is ,its a matter of public record and I  didn't say it wouldn't be called in .
Simon says it will be called in but makes the point about the club's consultations and the lack of local objections .These are the 'reasons' I referred to. The club have tried to cover all the bases and if the World Heritage Org. haven't objected there will be no need to call it in ,in my opinion.
Now ,having said all that ,there will probably be an announcement this week which proves me wrong. As I said ,fingers crossed.