October 15, 2019, 05:51:07 AM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 471231 times)

December 18, 2016, 08:34:17 PM
Read 471231 times

cyberduck

I'll be glad to see us in a new ground but at the same time I'll miss the traditional feel of Goodison. and I'm concerned about the effect on Walton.

It seems stupid that the Council can't give us the extra land we need for us to build where we are now. They were going to give the RS some of Stanley Park when they wanted to build a new stadium.

Couldn't they use the land from one of these other potential sites mentioned over the years and create parkland there?

December 18, 2016, 09:24:46 PM
Reply #1

cyberduck

the houses around Goodison are owned by private landlords mostly

there was talk in 2007 when KEIOC spoke with the Council and Warren Bradley (who was the leader of the council then) said he had spoken to the landlords and they were all open to property swaps (where they would get a bigger property in, say, Edge Lane, in exchange for their house on Goodison Road / Gwladys Street) but that will have all changed now as the council have less empty property stock

Thanks.

Last year there was supposed to be land available just up the road at Walton Hall Park. Couldn't we extend Goodison, taking whatever size footprint we need to extend to for a full commercialized stadium (houses, schools & perhaps parkland) and then build the equivalent of what we take from around the current ground up at Walton Hall?

I know the thought of a waterfront stadium is pretty exciting in terms of image but we're going to have to buy a big chunk of land and build a whole new stadium and then be in debt to Mr. Moshiri & possibly others for a long long time to come.

December 18, 2016, 10:21:00 PM
Reply #2

cyberduck

the purchase of the land was quoted at around 30m which is tiny really in comparison to the whole cost of a new stadium

It's thought to be 30m for the land, isn't it?

Really that's a drop in the ocean eh? The price of an average Prem player now.

True. I had a figure of 80m in my head for some reason. When you start looking at things relative to the cost of players though it gets scary. A top team must be worth a billion (suing Pogba as a basis) and another 500 million for the subs  :).

Just looked at the cost of Highbury back in 2006 and it cost them 390M.

Liverpool's new stand 114M with 39M being the cost of land. They expect to earn 20M a season from the new stand.

December 20, 2016, 07:12:43 PM
Reply #3

cyberduck

One thing is for sure. The Directors & those in the best seats of the Main Stand, Top Balcony & Upper Bullens will not have as good a view in a bowl.

I went to Wembley a few years back and wasn't much higher than pitch level and was about as far away as you can get at Goodison. Looking up at the best seats in the centre of the stadium they were miles away from the pitch.

December 20, 2016, 08:47:43 PM
Reply #4

cyberduck

I'm not sure if anyone's posted this but the architect who tweeted about no posts in the bowl explains what he meant.

I quite enjoyed reading that Spurs' new ground is going to be a bowl. I'm hoping that seriously affects their form.

From the architect's comments it sounds like we're trying to keep the atmosphere (or at least some of it).

January 04, 2017, 02:15:24 AM
Reply #5

cyberduck

Earl never turned up to one, not a peep out of the Echo.

He went to at least one. I can remember him being asked about the Trust he used to own the Everton shares. His reply "it's a family trust".