October 22, 2019, 01:24:27 AM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 473969 times)

February 09, 2018, 06:29:34 PM
Reply #15

74Blue

I just want our new home to be one fucking intimidating place for visiting teams to come to. Fans as close to the pitch as possible, within the rules of course and somewhere that we can fill to the rafters every matchday to make it a real bear-pit, a place that no team will relish visiting. We need the acoustics to be spot on, so the fans can generate as much noise as possible.
What shape the ground is doesn't particularly bother me too much. I just want it to be a fortress for Everton Football Club, a place where no fucker comes and gets an easy ride. I want a ground where the atmosphere generated inside gives us an advantage over the opposition, where every last decibel is transferred across the pitch!

February 16, 2018, 08:02:42 PM
Reply #16

74Blue

More delays?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-43083262
Personally, I'd be tempted to call their bluff and offer to package their shitty plaque and pop it in the post to them.
What does Liverpool actually gain from the UNESCO status. We have some fabulous architecture in this city. A fucking plaque and the seal of approval doesn't make it any more or less beautiful.
People come to Liverpool because of the Beatles and, although it pains me to say it, to worship at Big Fuck Off Stand FC. They come to Liverpool because of some of the achievements of people who were born and bred here. They come because it's a fantastic city, not because a gang of UNESCO pricks decided it was a World Heritage Site.
Tell them to fuck right off. We have to move with the times.

March 17, 2018, 12:59:23 AM
Reply #17

74Blue

https://twitter.com/philkecho/status/974620557634428929
As long as they don't borrow the one previously owned by Messrs Gillette and Hicks, we'll be sound.

July 26, 2018, 12:08:33 AM
Reply #18

74Blue

Well what are we waiting for? Why are we not raising our objections to phase 2 of the Anfield regeneration that will wipe out a section of Anfield road completely and take over a piece of a PUBLIC park.

Fucking entitled gobshites!

July 28, 2018, 07:55:44 PM
Reply #19

74Blue

I
Don't hold your breath on the Arsenal situation. Even if it happens and he takes an interest in Everton you are still talking months and I don't think anyone is going to hold up everything up for such a tenuous possibility.
Perhaps this needs a thread of its own about Usmanov but let's not forget that whilst it would be  nice to have a mega rich owner(s) and compete in the future he/they will go one day (he's 64 now) and the PL financial bubble will also burst one day. I wonder where that leaves us and the other 'rich' clubs in similar situations?
The PL financial bubble has been waiting to burst since it's inception, bit just seems to get bigger and bigger every year.
Where any bubble bursting will leave any club is going to be down to whatever measures have been written into any contract that exists between the business and it's owner. It will depend upon whether any money put into the club by the owner is an investment, a gift or a loan. If it's an investment, then the investor is gambling on making money and like any investment, the return is completely variable depending upon the market at any given time. If it's a gift, then there's no real issue. If it's a loan, then the owner's going to want his money back and the club would find itself royally in the shit!

July 31, 2018, 04:46:48 PM
Reply #20

74Blue

It's pretty irrelevant tbh.

Does it do Man United, City, Arsenal etc any harm being based at their stadium?

I'm not saying it's a bad thing but to make out that it's some sort of revolutionary move is probably overstating it a bit.
It doesn't seem to do the shite any real harm having their offices in the city centre either.
They would kill to have an office in the iconic Liver building. Instead they have their offices in a faceless office block across the road from it.

July 31, 2018, 07:20:08 PM
Reply #21

74Blue

If they wanted their offices there, they could have rented space at any time prior to Moshiri and pals buying it ffs lolol
But they didn't rent space there. They went for the cheaper option of some office space on the opposite side of the road.
Now that our owner has a significant stake in such an iconic city-centre location, why shouldn't Everton take advantage of it.
It's quite handy when booking meetings with investors, sponsors etc, who may have never been to the city before.
"Where are your offices?"
"Head for the Liver Birds, and we are directly underneath those in the Liver Building, you can't miss it"
Everybody knows the Liver Building. It's probably the most famous landmark in the city. It's a truly iconic location that is hopefully soon to be joined by a truly iconic stadium right on the banks of our historic waterfront.

July 31, 2018, 11:23:24 PM
Reply #22

74Blue

............this surely would have been the case at B-M but for the fact that Moshiri part-owns the Liver Building .
They could also be looking at maximising every single inch of available space at Bramley More for the fans.

August 13, 2018, 10:50:38 PM
Reply #23

74Blue

Colin Chong haha
Reckon he's best mates with Tommy Cheech.
Hopefully, the plans won't all go up in smoke

July 03, 2019, 01:14:38 AM
Reply #24

74Blue

......................I know what you mean  , going ' below decks ' in the Bullens is a bit like that.
I'm hoping for something similar to this but I know a lot of people want a more modern look.

I think that something like that would really shut Unesco up. It would be totally in keeping with the heritage of the docks and would be something completely unique in the Premier League. I'd imagine that it would cost a fortune to build in brick, but it would be a truly iconic stadium that would fit in perfectly with it's surroundings and a perfect tribute to the gritty history of Liverpool's waterfront.

July 24, 2019, 06:34:59 PM
Reply #25

74Blue

Is that Jacobs?

No Spillers.
I used to go there every few months to clean out the giant vats that the pet food is stored in. The company I used to work for had the cleaning contract there and we would go in and scrape all of the vats and recoat them with a plastic film every few months. The smell was horrendous, but it was an overtime job for me, so the money was good.