August 21, 2019, 10:10:58 AM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 447675 times)

January 14, 2017, 11:42:31 AM
Reply #585

Bally

Administrator

Quote from Mick and Sir Blue ..........
< <  Right now, there are two entrances to the dock (both equidistant from Blackstone Street, one being opposite the Bramley pub).
one for the away fans one for us? No way could it support that volume of fans exiting at the same time.

I suppose both could be opened for home fans and possibly be sufficient if we purchase land/make it safe to herd away fans through Nelson dock.or just let them swim across the mersey?

One thing's for sure though, the infrastructure improvements required are massive. >>
..............this is a major problem and the health and safety boys will be all over it. If it was just a matter of a few new gateways it would be ok ,subject to Listed Building Consent. But to get 50,000 fans in and out while retaining access for emergency services . I think the club will need to control a much greater area of land than just the stadium site . We could be talking about raised walkways ,bridges ,underpasses etc. to get people away to public transport.

Just as an aside to that  there are 4 other pubs in that area that are still pubs but not used, I know the fella that owns 2 of them.
The new development will include all manner of new retail and leisure, there is already an infrastructure in place for emergency services, that includes water if required, there is access along the water front that can be expanded upon and those dock walls have had massive 18 wheeler trucks in and out of them for decades, pretty sure they will hold up
It's the roll I way

January 14, 2017, 05:09:17 PM
Reply #586

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Tunnels under it would have CABE (Manchester based) and English Heritage (London based) kicking up a shit storm, simply wouldn't get it past them.

Bridges are feasible if we get to knock down a lot of businesses 'over the road'.
That might actually be possible due to the infrastructure improvements/widening of the road.

But yeah, I can't see any other way besides buying into Nelson And Sefton half tide docks

January 20, 2017, 03:25:10 PM
Reply #587

Macca77

Spurs have released a little teaser clip of how their new stadium will look

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-38682911

January 20, 2017, 04:35:41 PM
Reply #588

Cozzie

January 20, 2017, 05:09:05 PM
Reply #589

Toffee1

NSNO Subscriber

Looks good but they will probably all be too pissed to enjoy it as they claim they can deliver 10,000 pints a minute with their new beer delivery system.

January 20, 2017, 05:17:45 PM
Reply #590

ally2

This is the standard though so we're should remember it. I'm not all into the idea of bringing features from goodison into a new stadium, trying to recreate it in small parts. It won't be goodison so let's embrace the location and do something really special. I like the idea of a skylight and city/river views. It would be stunning.

January 20, 2017, 05:40:28 PM
Reply #591

Macca77

750 million for a new stadium though, that's madness

January 20, 2017, 05:45:16 PM
Reply #592

Makis

How much did the land alone cost? And was that just the stadium rather than the entire development?

January 20, 2017, 05:48:10 PM
Reply #593

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Wot about da trafic and polusion ffs
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 20, 2017, 05:48:56 PM
Reply #594

MmmblueBernard

750 million for a new stadium though, that's madness

Lahndon tho innit. Fackin cantin expensive.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

January 20, 2017, 06:43:24 PM
Reply #595

Bobbyconrad

Love me that massive steep single tier at one end! Everything else is fluff, but that would help make the atmosphere.

January 20, 2017, 06:59:26 PM
Reply #596

bigmanbob

9k season tickets. Yeh, jog on

January 20, 2017, 07:51:02 PM
Reply #597

Toddacelli

Wot about da trafic and polusion ffs

Won't bother you pal, the air quality in Norway is exceptional.

:)

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

January 20, 2017, 08:36:35 PM
Reply #598

blue1948

Just as an aside to that  there are 4 other pubs in that area that are still pubs but not used, I know the fella that owns 2 of them.
The new development will include all manner of new retail and leisure, there is already an infrastructure in place for emergency services, that includes water if required, there is access along the water front that can be expanded upon and those dock walls have had massive 18 wheeler trucks in and out of them for decades, pretty sure they will hold up
Sorry we have had our differences and hopefully we will get over them but !!!they have emergency services including WATER ,I just had to laugh

January 20, 2017, 08:43:28 PM
Reply #599

blue1948

This is the standard though so we're should remember it. I'm not all into the idea of bringing features from Goodison into a new stadium, trying to recreate it in small parts. It won't be Goodison so let's embrace the location and do something really special. I like the idea of a skylight and city/river views. It would be stunning.
I agree on some points but we are moving home and when you do ,do you buy all new furniture? It is a shame if none of the Old Lady makes the trip at least in features .I know lots of architects and they love the idea of incorporating features ,I am not saying take bits but the ideas and the "look "of Goodison would be a winner for me .May I say I don't need the shape but the feel and look inside would be great