August 20, 2019, 07:52:51 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 445528 times)

January 24, 2017, 01:48:56 AM
Reply #615

Toffee1

NSNO Subscriber

January 24, 2017, 02:03:58 AM
Reply #616

Cozzie

Wow.

Virtually a full erection.

We absolutely HAVE to build on the docks now.

January 24, 2017, 03:46:47 PM
Reply #617

Toddacelli

I agree on some points but we are moving home and when you do ,do you buy all new furniture? It is a shame if none of the Old Lady makes the trip at least in features .I know lots of architects and they love the idea of incorporating features ,I am not saying take bits but the ideas and the "look "of Goodison would be a winner for me .May I say I don't need the shape but the feel and look inside would be great

This.

I am all for a 100% brand new modern stadium.

But it's going into Bramley Moore Docks. The walls and gates are historic themselves. There are a couple of historic, listed buildings that need to be incorporated into the site anyway.

I am hoping that Meis and everyone else can come up with a fantastic, great new stadium - but one that says 'Heritage'.

And a few subtle touches from the Grand Old Lady would work very well with that in my opinion.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

January 24, 2017, 03:55:30 PM
Reply #618

Macca77

Id like to see St Rupert's tower added somewhere

January 24, 2017, 03:58:38 PM
Reply #619

Alanvideo

Id like to see St Rupert's tower added somewhere
................you better get on the phone to the Vatican mate . He's only a Prince at the moment.   lolol
We are special ,we are Everton.

January 24, 2017, 04:06:59 PM
Reply #620

Macca77

................you better get on the phone to the Vatican mate . He's only a Prince at the moment.   lolol

Oh fucking hell  :blush:

January 24, 2017, 06:16:12 PM
Reply #621

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Already done. Didn't someone go about 3 months ago (Dianne Baxendale?) about EITC and the work it does and the awards it has won?
I'm sure it was sorted then and hopefully announced before the end of the Sainthood Window at Easter
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

January 24, 2017, 06:31:33 PM
Reply #622

Ramjam

St Rupert's tower in the corner instead of the church
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

January 24, 2017, 08:20:54 PM
Reply #623

MmmblueBernard

I'm kinda getting on board with the Koeman and Moshiri way of doing things. Especially the way he doesn't really do sentiment. Maybe it's the way forward with Bradley moore too. Yes we could incorporate a king Ruperts todger or a fecking church in the corner, at great expense, or we could just go full retard with a brand spanking, super modern, eye-wateringly brilliant and unique new design that shapes Evertons identity for the next 100 years.

We had 20 years of sentiment with Kenwright and it didn't really get us anywhere.

Maybe it's time to move on. In every way.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

January 24, 2017, 08:25:24 PM
Reply #624

Toddacelli

I'm kinda getting on board with the Koeman and Moshiri way of doing things. Especially the way he doesn't really do sentiment. Maybe it's the way forward with Bradley moore too. Yes we could incorporate a king Ruperts todger or a fecking church in the corner, at great expense, or we could just go full retard with a brand spanking, super modern, eye-wateringly brilliant and unique new design that shapes Evertons identity for the next 100 years.

We had 20 years of sentiment with Kenwright and it didn't really get us anywhere.

Maybe it's time to move on. In every way.

I agree with your sentiment (pun intended) - but the fact is we're moving to a historical site with listed and protected features - otherwise I'd be going all out for the full-on visionary future stadium.

If we do BMD we will be surrounded by history and heritage so there will have to be some concession to that. As we are a club rich in history and heritage I'm saying we could make the most of it.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

January 24, 2017, 08:46:58 PM
Reply #625

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber

January 24, 2017, 09:41:02 PM
Reply #626

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
A lot of times to satisfy planning permission they want to see a clear distinction between old and new.
An ultra modern stadium whilst preserving a lot of the historic walls, gates and floors would likely be a good option all round.

Trying to make a new building fit in to a historic surrounding (unless its a restoration) doesn't always sit well, as what's old and important sometimes gets muddled up with what's brand new.

A good example is the Albert docks that was a restoration project, so they tried to keep the building looking very similar to how they originally looked, from the outside anyway.

Then when Liverpool 1 was built they didn't try and keep that theme going, because it was new builds, so they have made L1 ultra modern, and they both compliment each other.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 09:44:44 PM by Duncs_a_legend »
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

January 24, 2017, 10:49:01 PM
Reply #627

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

I agree with your sentiment (pun intended) - but the fact is we're moving to a historical site with listed and protected features - otherwise I'd be going all out for the full-on visionary future stadium.

If we do BMD we will be surrounded by history and heritage so there will have to be some concession to that. As we are a club rich in history and heritage I'm saying we could make the most of it.

It's a dock FFS not a cathedral ! Keep the walls or whatever the fuck is listed and build a feckin stadium that you can see from Mars within the boundary.

January 24, 2017, 10:56:29 PM
Reply #628

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber

I'll have a word with Pappa Frank
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

January 24, 2017, 10:59:23 PM
Reply #629

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
I like the fact that today I read a comment where one of them lot referred to us as the Bramley Bitters. They are getting more worried by the day
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers: