September 19, 2019, 03:45:01 AM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 462807 times)

January 27, 2017, 06:52:18 AM
Read 462807 times

Tony Clifton

A lot of times to satisfy planning permission they want to see a clear distinction between old and new.
An ultra modern stadium whilst preserving a lot of the historic walls, gates and floors would likely be a good option all round.

Trying to make a new building fit in to a historic surrounding (unless its a restoration) doesn't always sit well, as what's old and important sometimes gets muddled up with what's brand new.

A good example is the Albert docks that was a restoration project, so they tried to keep the building looking very similar to how they originally looked, from the outside anyway.

Then when Liverpool 1 was built they didn't try and keep that theme going, because it was new builds, so they have made L1 ultra modern, and they both compliment each other.

Blue pitch.  Sorted.

February 08, 2017, 09:11:01 PM
Reply #1

Tony Clifton

I reckon our BMD stadium blueprint will involve a Wild West theme park featuring mazy wooden rollercoaster tracks, oversized minecarts to get us in and out. 

We'll probably actually go with a few of those big conveyer belt type things like they have in the L1 tesco, speed cranked up to 11.

January 13, 2018, 05:58:51 AM
Reply #2

Tony Clifton

The thread lads, links,pictures,fuckin bill with a hoe

Bill with a Dutch Hoe.

April 02, 2018, 04:01:24 AM
Reply #3

Tony Clifton

That's the number I had in mind as well. Think we would struggle to put bums on seats if it were any more than that. Considering the football we are playing right now it will be a big ask to convince 15000 more fans to cough up hard earned cash to fill out our new stadium but I suppose that can always be turned around with a new manager.

There's more to this than us.  Major concerts, other sporting events etc.  The city needs this as much as we do.

June 23, 2019, 06:28:17 AM
Reply #4

Tony Clifton

Said it before, but those dementia communities are a great idea. Who ever came up with that idea can have free cups of tea for life at my house.

They certainly are.  My mother in law benefitted greatly from her visits to EitC's 'pass on the memories', as have manyy others I know of.  Then again, I was sold when I heard about cups of tea served up by Pat Van Den Hauwe  ;)

July 26, 2019, 03:51:30 AM
Reply #5

Tony Clifton

Cannot fucking wait for the day, we'll be like pigs in shit!

July 26, 2019, 04:33:00 AM
Reply #6

Tony Clifton

As excited as I am about this move, and as wonderful as the legacy project at Goodison sounds, this image left a terrible lump in the throat and sense of realisation...

Same here, but it is all for the best, and nothing but. We'll always be in L4.

July 26, 2019, 04:35:12 AM
Reply #7

Tony Clifton

Dixie and the granites have to come with us, surely?

I think it'd be a nice touch to leave him there, forever holding ground.