August 21, 2019, 04:17:33 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 447744 times)

January 24, 2017, 11:05:09 PM
Reply #630

MmmblueBernard

A lot of times to satisfy planning permission they want to see a clear distinction between old and new.
An ultra modern stadium whilst preserving a lot of the historic walls, gates and floors would likely be a good option all round.

Any moment now that condescending hit from grand designs is gonna pop up and tell us we need a juxtaposition of old and new.

Cheers Kev.

Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

January 24, 2017, 11:13:28 PM
Reply #631

MmmblueBernard

I like the fact that today I read a comment where one of them lot referred to us as the Bramley Bitters. They are getting more worried by the day

Better to be a Bramley bitter than left behind in L4.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

January 25, 2017, 12:24:25 AM
Reply #632

griff969

Whatever is listed needs to be preserved. However, the whole Liverpool waterfront is a mixture of historic and modern and it works. Any new stadium at BM needs to be a statement, not just for the club but also the city.

I like the idea that something of the old Goodison should be represented at the new stadium too. Goodison was the superior stadium in this city for many, many years. Double the amount of FA Cup semi-finals and a World Cup Semi Final shows just how much Goodison was regarded right up until the late 1980's when compared to Anfield. Anfield had the Kop but the other three sides were very dull single deck stands in the 70's and 80's, much like our current Park End, until they redeveloped. It will be sad to see Goodison go and some reference to it at the new stadium would be a nice touch.

The Archibald Leitch blue criss-cross all the way around and some incorporation of the tower would be great.
Evertonian ever since Andy King smashed the ball past Ray Clemence

January 25, 2017, 12:39:05 AM
Reply #633

Simon Paul

Administrator
The Archibald Leitch blue criss-cross all the way around

that is my suggestion - not on the inside though, on the outside

it fits well with the industrial surroundings too

the tower is the tower and it's never been part of the ground though.  it is where it is and it's special there, there's no real need to incorporate it into the new ground.

be boss if the pump-house or whatever the old building is on the site could be incorporated into the corner of the ground somehow though, like the church is at Goodison - but not impeding seating availability and entirely controlled by the club, but just so it's something "different" to other new stadiums

January 27, 2017, 05:23:45 AM
Reply #634

Trowel

www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

January 27, 2017, 05:40:31 AM
Reply #635

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
What is the point in that tower? Is it just to make it feel more enclosed?
I walk under it every time I go the game and I cant see it serving any real purpose, its got no interior or levels inside, its just a shell stuck in the corner.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

January 27, 2017, 05:44:06 AM
Reply #636

Thornton_19

I walk under it every time I go the game and I cant see it serving any real purpose, its got no interior or levels inside, its just a shell stuck in the corner.
Its so you cant see Anfield from Goodison

January 27, 2017, 05:45:37 AM
Reply #637

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
If it keeps the wind from Annfield out I'm all for it

Apparently it was so bad last night Liverpool coukdnt cope
Simply simply lovely

January 27, 2017, 05:48:13 AM
Reply #638

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
If it keeps the wind from Annfield out I'm all for it

Apparently it was so bad last night Liverpool coukdnt cope
Its so you cant see Anfield from Goodison

I've heard this a few times, is that genuinely the reason why though?
I've sat in the PE for years so I cant see through the gap anyway.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

January 27, 2017, 06:26:46 AM
Reply #639

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
I thought it was confirmed that it is for projecting that lighting display (?) up into the sky.
It does seem a shame to stop speculating though! I've often wondered how they dried those giant advertising tarpaulins that get soaked on the pitch before kick off. Looking at the pictures above is it co-incidence that it's just the right shape for pegging it out in to dry and air before the next game?
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

January 27, 2017, 06:52:18 AM
Reply #640

Tony Clifton

A lot of times to satisfy planning permission they want to see a clear distinction between old and new.
An ultra modern stadium whilst preserving a lot of the historic walls, gates and floors would likely be a good option all round.

Trying to make a new building fit in to a historic surrounding (unless its a restoration) doesn't always sit well, as what's old and important sometimes gets muddled up with what's brand new.

A good example is the Albert docks that was a restoration project, so they tried to keep the building looking very similar to how they originally looked, from the outside anyway.

Then when Liverpool 1 was built they didn't try and keep that theme going, because it was new builds, so they have made L1 ultra modern, and they both compliment each other.

Blue pitch.  Sorted.

January 27, 2017, 09:04:33 AM
Reply #641

School of Science

So it looks symmetrical.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

January 27, 2017, 05:03:52 PM
Reply #642

Toddacelli

Keep up the sexy cladding pics lads!

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

January 27, 2017, 05:27:52 PM
Reply #643

Macca77

Reopen the cladding thread!

January 27, 2017, 05:44:41 PM
Reply #644

Bingham Boy

Love me that massive steep single tier at one end! Everything else is fluff, but that would help make the atmosphere.

I'd have a massive single tier at both ends.

Be bold Everton. Be the best.