December 16, 2018, 02:33:07 AM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 339680 times)

February 08, 2017, 05:01:08 PM
Reply #690

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Wow, looks like access is going to be one of the major challenges but otherwise very exiting.

February 08, 2017, 05:17:09 PM
Reply #691

Bally

Administrator
Wow, looks like access is going to be one of the major challenges but otherwise very exiting.
The access won't be that bad fella, the two major arteries into the city centre run alongside it, one you see on the video and the other is literally a two minute walk up toward North Liverpool, sandhills station is around a 5 to 10 minute walk away therr is going to be another station, £20 million is being spent on the roadways at the minute, I can imagine a ferry terminal being installed too either next to the cruise liner terminal that is going there or using that port, it is also about 10 to 15 minutes walking from Liverpool city centre, there will be new bus routes and timetables.

In short access is not going to be an issue, remember all the freighters that use that road and the gates to the docks on a daily basis.
It's the roll I way

February 08, 2017, 05:28:53 PM
Reply #692

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
This has been mentioned before. The roads will be made fit for purpose but footfall is tougher.

The attached picture shows current holes in the wall. The blue cross represents Bramley Moore dock's gate.
Two things are certain:
- That is insufficient space for police/fire/premier league rules and regulations for both home and away fans to use to exit the area
- We will not be able to knock down any of the dock wall at all.

I'd say we'll buy access to the gates represented by the purple & green crosses (and thus the break in the wall represented by the 2 red lines as well). Routes will have to be made through working docks then - which will be a shitty way of getting the match.
In saying this, Nelson dock is part of Liverpool waters so that will imrpove (see pic 2)

If i was a betting man i'd say the green and blue crosses and the red lines would be for home supporters and away fans would be herded through the purple gate.
Whether this offers sufficient egress from the "halo" still I dont know.

February 08, 2017, 06:01:33 PM
Reply #693

Rodenplav64

Terrible area for a stadium .

February 08, 2017, 06:06:01 PM
Reply #694

BlueBeagle

And you propose where exactly?

February 08, 2017, 06:13:56 PM
Reply #695

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber

Surprised you think that ::)
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lŠ Everton!

February 08, 2017, 07:14:42 PM
Reply #696

Alanvideo

This has been mentioned before. The roads will be made fit for purpose but footfall is tougher.

The attached picture shows current holes in the wall. The blue cross represents Bramley Moore dock's gate.
Two things are certain:
- That is insufficient space for police/fire/premier league rules and regulations for both home and away fans to use to exit the area

I'd say we'll buy access to the gates represented by the purple & green crosses (and thus the break in the wall represented by the 2 red lines as well). Routes will have to be made through working docks then - which will be a shitty way of getting the match.
In saying this, Nelson dock is part of Liverpool waters so that will imrpove (see pic 2)

...............Have to partly disagree .I think it will be possible to apply for permission to modify the dock wall to provide new  or wider entrances /exits. Plenty of listed buildings get modified as long as the alterations are in keeping with the original in terms of scale and materials. There will be health and safety considerations which will help our case.

We are special ,we are Everton.

February 08, 2017, 07:16:10 PM
Reply #697

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Two things are certain:

If i was a betting man i'd say the green and blue crosses and the red lines would be for home supporters and away fans would be herded through the purple gate.

I'm guessing one of the things being discussed is the provision of other amenities down there such as pubs / bars / restaurants etc and whether they would be on site or part of the overall Liverpool Waters scheme and what that means for working on that whole area.

For instance I'd be amazed if Peel don't want some sort of promenade along the front; maybe they want us to pay for some of that for example.

But it's this sort of thing which makes it easier to see why the negotiations take so long.

February 08, 2017, 07:27:16 PM
Reply #698

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
...............Have to partly disagree .I think it will be possible to apply for permission to modify the dock wall to provide new  or wider entrances /exits. Plenty of listed buildings get modified as long as the alterations are in keeping with the original in terms of scale and materials. There will be health and safety considerations which will help our case.

Well, there is utterly zero chance we can modify these gates:

We can modify this definitely:

But have you got any idea how much Peel have had to scale back Liverpool Waters due to parts of this kind of wall that has been BURIED for 100 years?
They've basically lost interest in it as a development and are now looking to flog it piecemeal due to the fight it would take to build on top of shit that, for all intents and purposes no longer exists.
I follow Peel and developments like this closely. Trust me, Kirkby residents and Jerry Hall have nothing on what we would encounter if we so much as wanted to paint this wall.

@GLewis , that second picture in my previous post shows Peels current plans for Nelson & Bramley. Nelson dock will 100% be dolled up with leisure activities.
Us taking Bramley, the council sorting Great Homer Street & merseyrail opening a station would instantly create an environment where there would be a clamour to invest and create leisure services in Nelson dock.

February 08, 2017, 07:36:36 PM
Reply #699

Toddacelli

With the new station I would think that there would be a 'preferred' or 'expected' route to the ground for fans. With this in mind, would it be too much to consider a raised concourse going over the wall for foot traffic, whilst the gates are confined to mostly vehicular access?

Just a thought - feel free to shoot it down...

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

February 08, 2017, 07:36:47 PM
Reply #700

blue1948

But have you got any idea how much Peel have had to scale back Liverpool Waters due to parts of this kind of wall that has been BURIED for 100 years?
They've basically lost interest in it as a development and are now looking to flog it piecemeal due to the fight it would take to build on top of shit that, for all intents and purposes no longer exists.
I follow Peel and developments like this closely. Trust me, Kirkby residents and Jerry Hall have nothing on what we would encounter if we so much as wanted to paint this wall.

@GLewis , that second picture in my previous post shows Peels current plans for Nelson & Bramley. Nelson dock will 100% be dolled up with leisure activities.
Us taking Bramley, the council sorting Great Homer Street & merseyrail opening a station would instantly create an environment where there would be a clamour to invest and create leisure services in Nelson dock.
Do you mean Great Howard street as Great Homer is miles away ?

February 08, 2017, 07:50:02 PM
Reply #701

Alanvideo

..............I bow to your superior knowledge of Peel ! I wasn't talking about modifying the ''turret '' style gate posts but possibly making new entrances in the same style. I can't believe the three gates you mentioned earlier are going to adequate for the egress of 50,000 people. I think it was mentioned in earlier posts the possibility of overbridges but ,again ,they would look out of place adjacent the dock wall.
As you say,I think the question of footfall is going to be a stumbling block ( no pun intended )

February 08, 2017, 07:53:51 PM
Reply #702

Alanvideo

Do you mean Great Howard street as Great Homer is miles away ?

...........yeh he's been watching too much Simpsons  :snigger:

February 08, 2017, 07:57:06 PM
Reply #703

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
@blue1948 haha, yes - yes i do. (Even typing it i thought 'was the market there greaty or the heritage. Still didn't get onto it!)

There is no reason 'concourse bridges' cannot be deployed @Alanvideo & @Toddacelli , there are one or two places with sufficient land. As you say though, the design of them would have to be pretty impressive to be in keeping with the surroundings. (Heights isn't it's normal issue due to the Regent Road bridge at Collingwood dock).

More than filling in the dock, more than it smelling of shit a couple of times a week due to the treatment works, more than the eyesore the surrounds currently are now, this is (make no mistake) the single largest problem this site has.
It is that big of a problem that i'm still not certain it will go ahead.

February 08, 2017, 08:00:16 PM
Reply #704

Hawkandro

Two things are certain:

I don't know the area very well, so apologies if this sounds dumb, but can they not open up the areas to the north and south of the gateways/walls? So that fans have a big 'plaza' style area at each 'end'? Is that possible? This would then allow the wall to be kept as is, with general maintenance around it.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.