December 10, 2018, 02:41:27 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 334389 times)

February 08, 2017, 08:08:28 PM
Reply #705

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
I don't know the area very well, so apologies if this sounds dumb, but can they not open up the areas to the north and south of the gateways/walls? So that fans have a big 'plaza' style area at each 'end'? Is that possible? This would then allow the wall to be kept as is, with general maintenance around it.

Sort of. To the south we have Nelson dock. (where the arrow is pointing in the second pic of my first post today).
That WILL be a big plaza type place.
Problem is that it's also enclosed by the dockwall - to it's south is another dock that turns into a canal so is covered by a bridge. No entry that way.

To the north is a half tide dock and a working dockside (I think Wellington dock has been filled in now). But that wall stretches a long way north. There are plenty of gates and holes (in fact, there is a repaired part of the wall just to the north now:

(that gate in the background is the the green cross from earlier).

But it would start becoming financially unsound to buy/renovate longer and longer 'water-side-of-the-wall' pathways stretching off.

(Maybe the best thing we could do as Evertonians is to get our HGV licences and have 'accidents at strategic points in this wall.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 08:10:11 PM by Mick 1995 »

February 08, 2017, 08:33:14 PM
Reply #706

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
On another note, if we did somehow get permission to 'renovate' those turrets, how fucking awesome would they be as little Prince Rupert's towers?

February 08, 2017, 09:09:33 PM
Reply #707

blue1948

I don't know the area very well, so apologies if this sounds dumb, but can they not open up the areas to the north and south of the gateways/walls? So that fans have a big 'plaza' style area at each 'end'? Is that possible? This would then allow the wall to be kept as is, with general maintenance around it.

The docks I think were originally 11 miles long in two stretches and the stretch we want is walled for a long way ,not sure but a few miles ,could be all the way to Seaforth .

February 08, 2017, 09:10:13 PM
Reply #708

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
@blue1948 haha, yes - yes i do. (Even typing it i thought 'was the market there greaty or the heritage. Still didn't get onto it!)

There is no reason 'concourse bridges' cannot be deployed @Alanvideo & @Toddacelli , there are one or two places with sufficient land. As you say though, the design of them would have to be pretty impressive to be in keeping with the surroundings. (Heights isn't it's normal issue due to the Regent Road bridge at Collingwood dock).

More than filling in the dock, more than it smelling of shit a couple of times a week due to the treatment works, more than the eyesore the surrounds currently are now, this is (make no mistake) the single largest problem this site has.
It is that big of a problem that i'm still not certain it will go ahead.

You'd hope that they'd have considered this sort of thing at the outset of course.

So while it is an obviously big issue, you'd hope that it was considered and ruled in at the start to save time / money / emotion if it wasn't feasible.

February 08, 2017, 09:11:01 PM
Reply #709

Tony Clifton

I reckon our BMD stadium blueprint will involve a Wild West theme park featuring mazy wooden rollercoaster tracks, oversized minecarts to get us in and out. 

We'll probably actually go with a few of those big conveyer belt type things like they have in the L1 tesco, speed cranked up to 11.

February 08, 2017, 09:12:11 PM
Reply #710

blue1948

On another note, if we did somehow get permission to 'renovate' those turrets, how fucking awesome would they be as little Prince Rupert's towers?
They would be bigger I think but what about the old overhead railway maybe they could replicate that ,at least in principle to let the crowd out

February 08, 2017, 09:15:38 PM
Reply #711

blue1948

Just on the same theme if we "rebuilt the overhead with "tony Clifton's " conveyor/ escalator system ,it could be perfect because if we have a shit result there will be plenty of height to throw ourselves off
-Sorted

February 08, 2017, 09:16:21 PM
Reply #712

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
They would be bigger I think but what about the old overhead railway maybe they could replicate that ,at least in principle to let the crowd out

Deffo going to need ideas like that i think.

I mean, Anderson and whatever fuckwhit is in parliament at the minute could strongarm local & whitehall planning bodies to allow us to knock down some of the wall. It is not 100% out of the realms of possibility - but it is so odd it would open up claims of bungs it would be so weird.

Them gates probably are bigger now you mention it. I don't actually think i've ever gone to Prince Ruperts tower, only driven past it.
Still, would look ace

February 08, 2017, 09:26:56 PM
Reply #713

MmmblueBernard

Sort of. To the south we have Nelson dock. (where the arrow is pointing in the second pic of my first post today).
That WILL be a big plaza type place.
Problem is that it's also enclosed by the dockwall - to it's south is another dock that turns into a canal so is covered by a bridge. No entry that way.

To the north is a half tide dock and a working dockside (I think Wellington dock has been filled in now). But that wall stretches a long way north. There are plenty of gates and holes (in fact, there is a repaired part of the wall just to the north now:

(that gate in the background is the the green cross from earlier).

But it would start becoming financially unsound to buy/renovate longer and longer 'water-side-of-the-wall' pathways stretching off.

(Maybe the best thing we could do as Evertonians is to get our HGV licences and have 'accidents at strategic points in this wall.

What needs a HGV when NSNO has its own wrecking @bally

Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

February 08, 2017, 09:57:46 PM
Reply #714

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
I reckon our BMD stadium blueprint will involve a Wild West theme park featuring mazy wooden rollercoaster tracks, oversized minecarts to get us in and out. 

We'll probably actually go with a few of those big conveyer belt type things like they have in the L1 tesco, speed cranked up to 11.
And did you enjoy Disneyland?  😊
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

February 08, 2017, 11:12:04 PM
Reply #715

Rodenplav64

And you propose where exactly?

Not sure and I know its not where we want its where we are allowed to build but that is one of the worse places I could imagine to go and watch football . There is nothing around it at all . Industrial fucking wasteland even if is just a hop from the city on the train . Admittedly it might lead to redevelopment but if it doesn;t it will be soulless .

February 08, 2017, 11:14:32 PM
Reply #716

Rodenplav64

And you propose where exactly?

Not sure and I know its not where we want its where we are allowed to build but that is one of the worse places I could imagine to go and watch football . There is nothing around it at all . Industrial fucking wasteland even if is just a hop from the city on the train . Admittedly it might lead to redevelopment but if it doesn;t it will be soulless .
Surprised you think that ::)

Yes . I did think about blindly going with the flow though .

February 09, 2017, 12:11:54 AM
Reply #717

Bally

Administrator
Terrible area for a stadium .
Is it really, there are plenty of opportunities for access to be made possible all around that area, they could easily put walkways on the other side of the wall away from the road, the space is massive down there and there is plenty of scope for development and safe development at that.
It's the roll I way

February 09, 2017, 12:41:39 AM
Reply #718

Makis

What are the building on Wellington Dock?

If Ten Streets happens that area will be transformed.

February 09, 2017, 02:39:08 AM
Reply #719

Alanvideo

What are the building on Wellington Dock?

If Ten Streets happens that area will be transformed.
..................I think we'll get an idea of what's happening when the new road layout is published ,which is quite soon I think.
http://www.thetopbalcony.com/work-begins-on-18-million-dock-road-improvements-in-april/845
We are special ,we are Everton.