August 25, 2019, 01:34:34 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 455432 times)

February 09, 2017, 07:53:10 PM
Reply #735

Hawkandro

Can't wait for the DIY: SOS Everton special in 5 years time. 2 weeks to demolish and rebuild a half-built stadium. All the players training outside a caravan around the corner.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

February 09, 2017, 08:17:02 PM
Reply #736

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Can we do a "Kevin De Bruyne" and go under the wall?

Brilliant. HAHA!
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

February 09, 2017, 10:55:13 PM
Reply #737

Alanvideo

Just posting this for those who are interested - Heritage tour of the docks in 2012. BM dock appears at about 10.30 minutes in and later on too. It shows inside the dockers clock and at about 21.10 minutes shows the dock gates opposite the pub  ,showing the original timber gates on wheels ,which I never knew existed. Unfortunately you can' hear much commentary because of the wind noise.
We are special ,we are Everton.

February 09, 2017, 11:38:55 PM
Reply #738

Ross

sort of.
The council grant planning permissions.
If there are any formal objections from sufficient people (or a recognised body) then it gets called into central government.

I Gaurantee that EH & CABE will go nuts over any plans to play about with the wall.

In a rare case of something shit working out for you though, a tory government couoldn't give a shit about people like unesco/cabe/eh so would greenlight it anyway.
If Corbyn fucks off and Labour get's it's act together before this planning permission then it may be a struggle.

I feel like crying when i think what these companies have done to Liverpool Waters' original plans based on buried dock walls.

@Ross , the world heritage site doesnt stretch that far north. It's to around about Princess dock

The world heritage site stretches far beyond the Princess dock Mick. It goes past Bramley-Moore as far as the dock boundry wall extends. Maybe you're mixing the UNESCO site up with a conservation area? But it was awarder for an a larger area than just the waterfront around the Three Graces.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

February 10, 2017, 12:02:46 AM
Reply #739

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Keep your filthy paws off Terry's Timber

That's what his wife said.

February 10, 2017, 12:10:12 AM
Reply #740

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Isn't the main obstacle regarding the walls that they're part of the reason the city has world heritage status rather than them simply being a "listed" structure.

Tampering with them in any way may mean the status is removed and I doubt the council would accommodate plans that involve that sort of risk given the amount of money having world heritage status must bring into the area.

Isn't the main obstacle regarding the walls that they're part of the reason the city has world heritage status rather than them simply being a "listed" structure.

Tampering with them in any way may mean the status is removed and I doubt the council would accommodate plans that involve that sort of risk given the amount of money having world heritage status must bring into the area.

Fuck them and their looking back at the past.  What good is protecting the 'history' of a shitty old wall at the expense of building a new future for the city?

I love old buildings me, and if its something old like a castle or a cathedral or a church.or an old town centre that's been maintained and is still functional and still looks great, then I understand.  But this is a wall that in parts has been left to fall down(and even in parts be built on top of).  Its not like its the great wall of China.

February 10, 2017, 12:29:23 AM
Reply #741

ally2

Exactly. It's just a ducking wall

February 10, 2017, 12:38:09 AM
Reply #742

bluenuck

Fuck them and their looking back at the past.  What good is protecting the 'history' of a shitty old wall at the expense of building a new future for the city?

I love old buildings me, and if its something old like a castle or a cathedral or a church.or an old town centre that's been maintained and is still functional and still looks great, then I understand.  But this is a wall that in parts has been left to fall down(and even in parts be built on top of).  Its not like its the great wall of China.

In the area I live in historic branded (or listed) buildings/structures are allowed to be upgrade or taken down as long as 50% or more of the original structure remains.

Is there nothing like this in place in liverpool, or is the whole wall coming down?

February 10, 2017, 12:40:56 AM
Reply #743

ally2

I'm surprised that there hasn't been a poor taste joke about Liverpool fans helping us out on this one.

February 10, 2017, 12:41:23 AM
Reply #744

sirblue57

Come on guys, we cannot take the wall down. Where will we put the kopites to shoot them?  :evil:
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

February 10, 2017, 12:53:16 AM
Reply #745

Macca77

February 10, 2017, 01:07:25 AM
Reply #746

BlueBeagle

I'm surprised that there hasn't been a poor taste joke about Liverpool fans helping us out on this one.

lolol

February 10, 2017, 01:48:02 AM
Reply #747

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
The world heritage site stretches far beyond the Princess dock Mick. It goes past Bramley-Moore as far as the dock boundry wall extends. Maybe you're mixing the UNESCO site up with a conservation area? But it was awarder for an a larger area than just the waterfront around the Three Graces.

You're right.i thought it stopped with the "pinch point" at princess dock.
So, add UNESCO to CABE & EH as organisations trying to stop this.

Edit
Dunno what this looks like. But there's an attached PDF with a map on
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 01:49:18 AM by Mick 1995 »

February 10, 2017, 02:08:36 AM
Reply #748

Cozzie

I made a similar one on page 37.

http://www.nsno.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=54904.540

February 10, 2017, 02:19:46 AM
Reply #749

ally2

I made a similar one on page 37.

http://www.nsno.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=54904.540

Oh sorry I missed that one.  It is not that poor taste really