September 23, 2019, 08:40:30 AM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 464441 times)

February 10, 2017, 03:00:24 AM
Reply #750

Ross

You're right.i thought it stopped with the "pinch point" at princess dock.
So, add UNESCO to CABE & EH as organisations trying to stop this.

Edit
Dunno what this looks like. But there's an attached PDF with a map on

Not been down that way for years so I don't know how this ended

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/peel-apply-knock-holes-historic-3353900

If it was passed maybe precedent has been set already?

My worry is we'd need it to be more gateways than wall to pass health and safety protocol for a new public stadium.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

February 10, 2017, 04:39:43 AM
Reply #751

Alanvideo

Not been down that way for years so I don't know how this ended

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/peel-apply-knock-holes-historic-3353900

If it was passed maybe precedent has been set already?

My worry is we'd need it to be more gateways than wall to pass health and safety protocol for a new public stadium.
....................as @Mick 1995 and myself have hinted  ,there is a possibility that there may be too many planning considerations to make this scheme viable . But as @GLewis has said ,you would think EFC (and Peel) would have some idea of what can and can't be done before engaging architects or consultants. We don't know anything really ,we need a mole in the planning dept.
We are special ,we are Everton.

February 10, 2017, 04:42:31 AM
Reply #752

Ross

....................as @Mick 1995 and myself have hinted  ,there is a possibility that there may be too many planning considerations to make this scheme viable . But as @GLewis has said ,you would think EFC (and Peel) would have some idea of what can and can't be done before engaging architects or consultants. We don't know anything really ,we need a mole in the planning dept.

.... not yours or my first rodeo Al.

But we can all live in hope I suppose.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

February 10, 2017, 07:51:20 AM
Reply #753

Jamokachi

Can we do a "Kevin De Bruyne" and go under the wall?

We could always get the wall 'pushed' down...... no?

February 10, 2017, 07:52:15 AM
Reply #754

Jamokachi

I'm surprised that there hasn't been a poor taste joke about Liverpool fans helping us out on this one.

oh

February 10, 2017, 03:03:59 PM
Reply #755

Bingham Boy

No corporate boxes behind any of the goals.

Do not just have the one stand behind the goal corporate free. Both corporate free.

February 10, 2017, 03:13:17 PM
Reply #756

MmmblueBernard

We could always get the wall 'pushed' down...... no?

And get someone to chuck the paving slabs about....
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

February 10, 2017, 03:55:01 PM
Reply #757

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber

That bit on the imeediate left is where Peel wanted to knock through. Brings you out into Trafalgar dock (and would be perfect for an away fan gate.
It was a seperate application to the main one and i can't see news on the result anywhere.

The wall is from a different period and of a different material, but i dont think that matters in the grand scheme of things. It's all considered the same wall for planning purposes.

May consider asking the echo to follow up on that actually.

February 10, 2017, 08:01:51 PM
Reply #758

phillyt

That bit on the imeediate left is where Peel wanted to knock through. Brings you out into Trafalgar dock (and would be perfect for an away fan gate.
It was a seperate application to the main one and i can't see news on the result anywhere.

The wall is from a different period and of a different material, but i dont think that matters in the grand scheme of things. It's all considered the same wall for planning purposes.

The echo are quite busy chasing fsg/nesv out of town and reviewing Middlesbrough trip to Benidorm just now. Can't see them having time for piffling little queries like how we are going to get in and out of our ground. They will get to us when the red shite win the league again. 🤔🤔🤔
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

February 10, 2017, 08:57:19 PM
Reply #759

Alanvideo

..............going back to the post by @Ross about Peel's application in 2012 ,there are two pedestrian doorways in the dock wall by the Malmaison but whether they were pre-existing I can't say. The wall at this point is older and brick built. As the docks expanded Northwards I assume they started to use granite for the walls and turrets.
Incidentally many of the dock walls ,including B-M ,i.e . the dock retaining walls are also listed. The only thing that isn't listed around there is the water.

February 10, 2017, 11:41:43 PM
Reply #760

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
So I am reading this thread ad the last few pages, click on the next page of the thread and get an error code... 502 Bad Gateway.

Touche Internet, touche.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

February 12, 2017, 09:58:11 PM
Reply #761

Alanvideo

February 13, 2017, 12:51:41 AM
Reply #762

bigmanbob

That sounds promising

February 13, 2017, 01:20:36 AM
Reply #763

Trowel

The changes to Finch Farm are being exhibited at MIPIM - different architects, but putting 2 and 2 together it may mean the club will have representatives out there anyway, so...
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

February 13, 2017, 02:08:13 AM
Reply #764

Alanvideo

from Top Balcony......
<<  If Everton can get the purchase of the land over the line, it could allow Peel to use it as the big announcement of MIPIM.

That would be good for Peel, good for the city and good for the club. >>
................What announcement could Peel make ? Surely EFC could only agree to buy the land subject to planning permission being granted ?