September 22, 2019, 01:05:52 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 464120 times)

November 16, 2018, 02:05:55 AM
Reply #45

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Is the grass going to be green? And cut in a checkered pattern or the light to dark fade?
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

December 23, 2018, 01:01:12 PM
Reply #46

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Simple economics here people. Make the stadium big enough to increase capacity substantially. 13 000 extra people is 33% increase already. If you keep people wanting to get in, you can raise the price of a ticket. Supply and demand in full force.

Now letís do the math. Say a ticket costs £40 currently. 39000 people in Goodison thatís ticket revenue of £1.56M.

To fill a 55 000 stadium consistently they likely wonít be able to raise ticket prices much. And thus ticket revenue at £40 per seat would be £2.2M per match.

If they made a stadium at 50000 seats and could charge £5 per seat more than current as they demand will be greater and seat availaibilty more limited they will increase match day ticket revenue to £2.25M per game.

With 52000 seats that match day revenue is 2.35M. So getting that sweet number that allows increase demand to outweigh the  increased supply means increased revenue at much lower capital outlay.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

July 01, 2019, 02:57:44 PM
Reply #47

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I donít get this Unesco thing? Why are these rocks world Heritage sites?

They only a couple hundred years old.

Things change and places develop. I understand if building etc been around for a thousand years but a few hundred? Thatís just madness

July 02, 2019, 11:50:52 AM
Reply #48

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Criteria 2, 3 and 4 of Unesco's prequisites.
2 is that it was a major centre generating innovative technologies and methods (in this case dock construction and port management)
3 is it is an exceptional testimony to a culture (maritime mercantile culture)
4 is it is an outstanding example of its classification (world mercantile port city)

Heritage is not something that starts at a pre-specified point in the past.
The heritage of Dubai, for example, is a modern one - regardless of the fact there is some evidence of agriculture there from a few thousand years BC.

I get that but heritage and history changes. Itís tough to preserve things in modern times with expanding populations.

Keep sites just for cultural reasons like the docks will be tough as it doesnít mean much to very many sadly like say a church or Mosque does.

July 13, 2019, 01:17:50 PM
Reply #49

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
How many seconds before a redshite puts this on Twitter as our new ground?

At least it has a roof.

July 23, 2019, 12:54:51 PM
Reply #50

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Canít hardly wait till we put a sponge in the ground

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

Under rated post this

July 23, 2019, 12:55:35 PM
Reply #51

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Reckon the wave is referring to the gigantic new main stand. Like a blue wave on the water.

July 26, 2019, 11:28:04 AM
Reply #52

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
It is just WOW! Itís way better than the brick stadium I love in the US. Itís totally blown my mind. I like the font too. Not a thing I donít like.

Itís so much more than I could have imagined. I guess itís why Dan Meiss gets paid in the millions. Absolutely worth every penny they paying that man.

July 27, 2019, 12:00:28 PM
Reply #53

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Can we have that video embedded in the site somewhere so we donít have to go into a thread but can click on it whenever we want.

Itís a brilliant pick me up

July 27, 2019, 12:05:40 PM
Reply #54

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
A few questions and mainly because I am
An idiot, but why are people saying one side of the ground is smaller than the others?

Also, I canít see what the Blue wave is?

My favourite part of the whole thing is ferry terminal drop off with bridge across to get to the growing. That would be the most unique feature of the whole thing.