September 22, 2019, 02:43:37 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 464143 times)

March 02, 2017, 07:46:28 PM
Read 464143 times

JordanianEmbassy

Yes you're right of course, but the upside is obviously we would not be burdened with debt, or at least much less if we had to modify the stadium to remove any running track and make it ours. Not sure which way I would swing, but it is only wild speculation right now anyway.

Absolutely no way we can get what we want if athletics is involved.

ie If you want a modern stadium that retains the best of the old - ie fairly steep stands that are close in to the pitch, then athletics is just a no go

June 15, 2017, 11:19:29 PM
Reply #1

JordanianEmbassy

I really don't see us filling 55,000 tbh, thats a big uptake on the 39,000 that go now, back in the 80,'s heyday, we were only getting about 29,000 on average, and that's when football was affordable.

I know you picked the 80s as an example because we had a good team then, but the 80s is the worst example you can look to for attendances because they were dropping everywhere during that period.

June 15, 2017, 11:24:46 PM
Reply #2

JordanianEmbassy

The only reason to worry about empty seats is because clueless trolls on the interweb will occasionally think they are funny with comments like "haha Everton can't fill their stadium blah blah blah yawn yawn". I really don't care that tbh - better to have the seats there so that anyone who wants to go can.

June 17, 2017, 02:16:13 PM
Reply #3

JordanianEmbassy

The Etihad isn't really a good example of what can be done, because the stands are too far away from the pitch. I think they have the pitch closer to the stands on one side, and then on the other side it is miles away.

June 17, 2017, 05:53:44 PM
Reply #4

JordanianEmbassy

They start pretty close to the pitch but the embankment is gradual so the stands kind of fall away if you get me

They don't though. Not on all sides. There is a big gap between the stand and the pitch on one side...  I can't remember which side.. possibly the side where the dug outs are.

June 17, 2017, 11:33:46 PM
Reply #5

JordanianEmbassy

@BlueBeagle  sorry mate did your reply go missing there after the quote?

June 21, 2017, 05:36:24 PM
Reply #6

JordanianEmbassy

One of the side stands looks even further from the pitch than the Etihad.

Yeah it looks bad doesn't it? Hopefully its just a really rough mock up that isn't worth paying much attention to. Thats what I'm telling myself anyway.

July 09, 2017, 06:13:34 PM
Reply #7

JordanianEmbassy

I don't know what some people are expecting to be honest.

Cantilever upper tiers. The best feature of Goodison is how good the views are from the upper tiers - ie the best in the country, we need to keep that.