December 04, 2020, 07:52:32 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 649319 times)

January 28, 2020, 07:00:03 PM
Reply #315

Alanvideo

I see.

Yeah, the act of calling in is almost automatic at this level though. I genuinely can't see any scenario where it is not called in. Genuinely.

The thing is though, the secretary of state genuinely doesn't give a shit. They want to make sure they annoy the least amount of people possible.
The work the club has already done gives the SoS all the justification to just rubber stamp the project with very little effort.

If/when it is called in, expect a generic "disappointed, but not concerned" statement from the club. Nearly everything is a pre-determined action at this point (except for how we actually pay for it, lord knows which direction we will turn with that)
..............very few applications are called in , an average of 8 p.a. across the country. That secenario nearly always arises from local objections or concerns .
It's my understanding that some individual or organisation has to ask or prompt the SoS to get involved. My only concern there would be the World Heritage Org./UNESCO  and I'm hoping they have already been placated ,as Colin Chong has hinted. Of course I'm making the assumption that a majority of LCC members are in favour. However, LCC have a statutory duty to inform the government of this application as it is on a WHO site.
My worry is a public enquiry would delay the opening by a year at least.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 10:31:41 PM by Alanvideo »
We are special ,we are Everton.

January 28, 2020, 11:05:59 PM
Reply #316

Alanvideo

yup

The reason there are "very few" applications called in, is because there are very few projects considered to be against national policy and fewer still considered nationally significant.
I'd personally argue that this was both.
...............yes I wouldn't dispute what you're saying .
Again ,trying to be optimistic ,the requirement  to refer the application to the government does not ,in my view ,mean the plans will automatically be called in. They may decide NOT to call it in (if all is favourable) thus avoiding the need for a time-consuming public enquiry. I'm pretty sure this is covered in the planning procedure.

January 29, 2020, 02:04:24 AM
Reply #317

Alanvideo

Calling in doesn't automatically result in a public inquiry though does it? it merely describes the process of government scrutinising plans which may or may not require further input from the public

A proposal or this magnitude needs to be seen to be scrutinised by government, Everton have just made it incredibly easy for them to look like they've done their job at ministerial level, because Everton have done it for them
.............everything I've read leads me to believe a public enquiry would be held if any application was called in. However, in the scenario I outlined previously ,the SoS could scrutinise a plan ( as you said ) and decide not to call it in This is what I hope will happen because (as you also said ) Everton have done the job for them.

February 05, 2020, 10:36:47 PM
Reply #318

Alanvideo

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/plans-huge-hotel-football-fans-17694061

...................this is good news but obviously subject to pp being obtained for BMD.. There is also a hotel planned for a site next to Sandhills station ,to be operated by Premier Inn  . Again its dependent on pp.

February 11, 2020, 04:57:35 PM
Reply #319

Alanvideo

From what I read on another website it seems the BMD planning application has not yet been registered although it has been 6 weeks or so since it was submitted to LCC  .Until this happens I guess the 16 week period won't commence and neither will public consultation or viewing of detailed plans. 
Anyone know what's going on ? The LCC ref. is 20F/0001 for anyone who wants to check.

February 11, 2020, 10:48:05 PM
Reply #320

Alanvideo

People need to relax a bit. Itís construction. It never ever goes as planned, and it definitely doesnít happen on schedule.

.............I don't need telling to relax thanks. I'm asking a question about planning procedure .It's very strange to me that plans have been submitted and not registered as ' live '.   

February 19, 2020, 10:19:21 PM
Reply #321

Alanvideo

Not sure how legit this is....
...............looks like the full plans (or some of them at least) are up on the LCC website  .Anyone wants to view them just click on 'related documents ' at the bottom of the application page ref 20F/0001
The projected construction dates will have been supplied by EFC of course.

February 19, 2020, 10:32:59 PM
Reply #322

Alanvideo

I thought that whole program looked like a crock of shit, Iím not an engineer or an architect but that very brief sequence of events looks nothing like I have ever seen on projects as a client that I have ever been involved in, shouldnít we start with groundbreaking first ? (Or dock filling) is there no north stand ?
..............yes I wouldn't take that instagram post as accurate. There's no mention of groundworks as you say but the first construction start date is said to be at the end of 2020. Hardly seems enough time to prepare the site. Anyway its only projections even if it is legit.

February 19, 2020, 11:23:03 PM
Reply #323

Alanvideo

Some interesting items extracted from among the reams of documents=
The BMD dock wall will be preserved even where it will be covered by new construction ,just in case they want to demolish the stadium in 100 years time,
Marine life will be given a chance to escape before draining and the dock bottom will be raked and left to settle for 2 months before infilling takes place .Any items found in the dock will be brought up and assessed - hope there's no bodies !
The stadium capacity is stated to be 52,888.
Surrounding streets will be subject to event day parking restrictions to protect residents and businesses
Edit - just noticed there will be a 'corralling area ' post match at Sandhills station and seperate queues for each destination. Bit like Wembley Park I guess.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 11:38:54 PM by Alanvideo »

February 20, 2020, 05:15:19 AM
Reply #324

Alanvideo

leaving that parking garage might be an absolute nightmare.
.......................relax ,none of us mere mortals will be using it . There will be road closures before and after games anyway.

February 20, 2020, 02:15:39 PM
Reply #325

Alanvideo

So itís not used for games??
............ yes but I would imagine just for players & officials etc.,possibly hospitality guests . In the transport strategy it talks about   a 'soft closure ' 2 hours before ko increasing to a 'hard closure ' 1 hour later . The reverse afterwards . The soft closure allows for disabled drop off on Regent Road. .Crowd dispersal is going to be a challenge to say the least. Its all a few years off anyway ,things could change.

February 20, 2020, 02:25:25 PM
Reply #326

Alanvideo

Stadium capacity set to be 52888?
.............yes that's the official stated figure from the documents

February 20, 2020, 05:13:40 PM
Reply #327

Alanvideo

The amount of detail is staggering.
Photos and a description of every artefact  e.g. bollards and capstans ,every eventuality covered from not showing red or green lights that might distract shipping to provision for widlife incl.bats.
And I never knew there were so many varieties of fish in the dock e.g.coal fish , pouting ,silver eel ,sole and plaice.
Three new pedestrian openings to be made in the dock wall btw.

February 22, 2020, 03:26:53 AM
Reply #328

Alanvideo

Haven't seen this posted yet .This is from Peoples Project website which is a bit easier to navigate than LCC.

Seating allocation
2.3.1 For a typical match at the stadium, capacity is set at 52,888. It should be noted that this includes all people who will be seated within the stadium on match days, both revenue seats (paying supporters) and non-revenue seats (officials, media, teams, directors). A breakdown is provided below:
● Standard home seats: 43,880 ● Premium seats: 5,334 ● Box seats: 448 ● Away seats: 2,968 ● Non-revenue seats: 258 ● Total 52,888
2.3.2 It is envisaged that for a typical fixture, approximately 2,968 seats will be available to away supporters. This allocation for away supporters will fluctuate depending on the type of fixture, such as FA Cup or European fixtures. The above figures represent a ticket breakdown for a typical league fixture. For fixtures where the away supporter allocation is increased, this will come at the expense of the home seats and vice versa.

2.4 Parking
Car parking 1.1.1 The proposed MSCP (345 spaces Ė integral to the proposed west stand) and surface car park (136 spaces) to the west of the proposed water channel will accommodate a combined total of 481 vehicles. 70 of these spaces (15% of total) will be accessible for disabled supporters. A proportion of the car parking spaces will have electric charging facilities for electric vehicles.
1.1.2 On match days the car parks will be occupied by disabled supporters, Club owners / directors, guests and supporters who have purchased a parking space as part of their match day ticket.
2.4.1 On account of match day road closures implemented close to kick off, and lasting for a time after the final whistle, entry and exit from the car park on match days will be restricted .
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 04:30:31 AM by Alanvideo »