August 08, 2020, 10:10:58 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 582823 times)

January 15, 2020, 10:43:15 PM
Reply #255

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
The list of people that have moved grounds isn't filling me full of confidence here lads. Have any of them NOT been relegated after their move?

I'm just gonna stick with City as an answer hahaha

January 28, 2020, 01:27:34 PM
Reply #256

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
.............unless you have  inside knowledge , we don't know if it will be called in . You say it WILL but then list  the reasons it won't be.
The amount of consultation the club have done should negate any local objections and unless there are dark forces at work within LCC I don't think the govt. will see any need to call it in ,despite the size of the project. 
My concern would be the delay that would be caused by the public enquiry that would probably be part of any calling-in process.  Fingers crossed we avoid such a scenario.

No, he states it will and then goes on to say why it will not be anything to worry about.

The official line is:

The secretary of state will normally only do this if the application conflicts with national policy in important ways, or is nationally significant.

A project of this size, on an area of land that's within the 2003 remit of the world heritage site, absolutely falls into both of the categories that gets called in.

We genuinely need to just get over our own opinions on matters like this, it seems to happen with everything that happens with the club.

That way, when it gets called in, there won't be gnashing of teeth and people losing their mind at the club/LCC/central.

And if they decide it's not important that we're building a massive national level stadium on a plot of land we shouldn't be building on without highest level scrutiny? Sound, it'll shave 6-18 months off the build time.

January 28, 2020, 03:51:32 PM
Reply #257

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
.................I know what the official line is ,its a matter of public record and I  didn't say it wouldn't be called in .
Simon says it will be called in but makes the point about the club's consultations and the lack of local objections .These are the 'reasons' I referred to. The club have tried to cover all the bases and if the World Heritage Org. haven't objected there will be no need to call it in ,in my opinion.
Now ,having said all that ,there will probably be an announcement this week which proves me wrong. As I said ,fingers crossed.

I see.

Yeah, the act of calling in is almost automatic at this level though. I genuinely can't see any scenario where it is not called in. Genuinely.

The thing is though, the secretary of state genuinely doesn't give a shit. They want to make sure they annoy the least amount of people possible.
The work the club has already done gives the SoS all the justification to just rubber stamp the project with very little effort.

If/when it is called in, expect a generic "disappointed, but not concerned" statement from the club. Nearly everything is a pre-determined action at this point (except for how we actually pay for it, lord knows which direction we will turn with that)

January 28, 2020, 10:47:08 PM
Reply #258

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
..............very few applications are called in , an average of 8 p.a. across the country. That secenario nearly always arises from local objections or concerns .
It's my understanding that some individual or organisation has to ask or prompt the SoS to get involved. My only concern there would be the World Heritage Org./UNESCO  and I'm hoping they have already been placated ,as Colin Chong has hinted. Of course I'm making the assumption that a majority of LCC members are in favour. However, LCC have a statutory duty to inform the government of this application as it is on a WHO site.
My worry is a public enquiry would delay the opening by a year at least.

yup

The reason there are "very few" applications called in, is because there are very few projects considered to be against national policy and fewer still considered nationally significant.
I'd personally argue that this was both.

February 05, 2020, 09:47:24 PM
Reply #259

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/plans-huge-hotel-football-fans-17694061

Plans have been submitted for a new hotel directly opposite the site of Everton's new stadium to accommodate football fans and visitors to the area. If approved by Liverpool Council, the 167-room facility will be built on Regent Road in Bramley-Moore Dock on the site of an old pub, mill and tyre repair centre on Regent Road.

Named 'Bramley Hotel', it will be run by worldwide hotel chain Accor, branded as an 'Ibis Styles' hotel, positioned just metres from the new stadium. It's set to be nine storeys high and delivered by developer Crossfield, with the design and access statement submitted alongside the application said the buildings on site currently "appear in relatively poor condition".

It added: "The brand has identified this location as a destination of choice which fits well with their brand and will therefore be a positive contributor to the local economy. The proposal will introduce uses which are wholly compatible with the councilís transformative plans for this underutilised area."

The proposals would see the current buildings on site demolished, with the hotel and 87-space multi-storey car park built in its place. It's expected to go before Liverpool Council's planning committee later this year.

Final designs for the new stadium were unveiled in December, with a detailed planning application sent to the council.

The planning statement described Bramley-Moore Dock and Ten Streets as an "underutilised area", adding: "This site is well-located within the Northern Docks, close to sustainable access options and existing and proposed commercial and leisure opportunities. The proposed hotel offering will complement the existing and anticipated uses and the wider tourism economy of Liverpool.

"The development has been designed to meet the requirements of its end operator, who recognises that there is a local requirement for hotel accommodation. The hotel will offer high quality, reasonably-priced visitor accommodation, attracting a range of guests and entirely appropriate in this location."

It added: "Tourists and leisure visitors will also benefit from hotel accommodation, and the proposal will increase the image of the northern docks as a destination in their own right. It will provide valuable supporting infrastructure for the proposed football stadium, and the wider emerging leisure offer in the area."

February 20, 2020, 05:16:10 PM
Reply #262

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Bloody loving this. Got through maybe 50% of all the documents. Like this heat map of season ticket holders:

February 21, 2020, 04:09:57 PM
Reply #263

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Cool that.

South Liverpool has just not got blues in at all has it. Weirdly enough most of the lads I know from tocky/the Dingle are blues?

What's that southernmost major heat spot on the map?...Huyton maybe?

The southernmost point with high density is Aigburth/Garston ways.

Then there's an isolated little cluster of green & yellow in Hale.

The stuff in the very bottom right is Runcorn.

Huyton is the area between the motorways immediately under that dark grey patch of empty space in the middle of the map (the safari park).

February 21, 2020, 08:56:07 PM
Reply #264

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
ah, yeah. Get's harder to tell on the outskirts. Best guess is that it is West Derby/Knotty Ash/Page Moss

June 25, 2020, 03:26:20 AM
Reply #265

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber

June 25, 2020, 03:30:20 PM
Reply #266

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
I'm not sure Brap. There may be corners that can be cut and materials saved upon. As long as you bear in mind that end results *always* look a bit shit compared to the initial artists impressions, then I reckon we're still gonna end up with the same stadium, as these are the plans we've asked permission for to build.

I'll buy you the first pint outside the ground before the first match day fella.

Cause we're all having an nsno meet up that day aren't we?