October 21, 2019, 11:37:50 AM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 473699 times)

March 21, 2017, 02:54:29 AM
Reply #975

Simon Paul

Administrator
I really, really want four identifiable stands, not a bowl

definitely not a bowl

March 21, 2017, 02:58:01 AM
Reply #976

ally2

March 21, 2017, 03:08:01 AM
Reply #977

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I really, really want four identifiable stands, not a bowl

definitely not a bowl

same.... i dont think it will be a bowl.
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

March 21, 2017, 03:12:00 AM
Reply #978

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Some boss grounds with a bowl design.

Don't know why people are so against them
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

March 21, 2017, 03:16:43 AM
Reply #979

Simon Paul

Administrator
Some boss grounds with a bowl design.

Don't know why people are so against them

it's a bit generic though isn't it?

if it's done well, it's great, but anything other than done really, really well and it just looks like the Riverside or The Reebok.

March 21, 2017, 03:33:05 AM
Reply #980

Makis

think the maximum rake is 33% but not sure

the Top Balcony is much, much steeper than that!
Yeah, old stadiums are exempt, but if you build a new one you have to comform to those rules.

March 21, 2017, 03:33:33 AM
Reply #981

keiko

dan meis is one of the best in this field. i know he designed the saitama super arena in japan, which is a concert arena and basketball arena which can change into a football stadium, from 20 thousand to 30 thousand capacity. The stand can mechanically move. The plumbing and everything in the stand automatically unplug and reconnect back in once the area has transformed. it's really cool, the design is based on a japanese bullet train as this arena is surrounded by trainline, and not so new, i went there over 10 years ago. stadiums which can transform for multipurpose are not such a pain in the ass as it may seem, for the best designers.
clearly the location and environment (water) and local architecture will be a big part in influencing how the stadium is designed in it's features and look. his roma stadium is based on the colosseum,  the docks stadium will be unique too. just how these influences are put into the design is pretty exciting to find out. but for sure it won't be a replica of some existing stadium
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 03:41:56 AM by keiko »

March 21, 2017, 03:38:41 AM
Reply #982

Simon Paul

Administrator
Yeah, old stadiums are exempt, but if you build a new one you have to comform to those rules.

absolutely

I have the entire case against Kirkby sitting in my spare room, so might have a look through to find the rules as they were in 2007 ish

March 21, 2017, 03:49:11 AM
Reply #983

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
We could have a bowl shape for the outside of the ground but Have 4 traditional stands inside the stadium.
There must be stadiums that have adopted this, I don't think it's a necessity to have the seating curved and bowl shaped if the outside is also a bowl.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

March 21, 2017, 03:49:52 AM
Reply #984

BlueBeagle

March 21, 2017, 04:00:16 AM
Reply #985

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Bowls make sense because they increase seating in the corners. 4 main stands lose out on thousands of seats
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

March 21, 2017, 04:02:43 AM
Reply #986

Gash

Global Moderator
Not a fan of bowls, far better to have the fans right on top of the pitch. Be fucked having a bit like the Emirates where even the fans behind the goals are quite far from the pitch. You want to try and at least have a stand that carries on the tradition that older grounds have with the 'home end' like the Gwladys Street etc. Can't really think of a bowl design that's intimidating, not that any grounds are these days but it would be nice if we'd at least give it a chance rather than stick the fans in a London Stadium type ground.

March 21, 2017, 04:03:55 AM
Reply #987

velimski

Bowls make sense because they increase seating in the corners. 4 main stands lose out on thousands of seats

Have a look at Dortmund's ground.

4 distinct stands, yet they've still managed to fill the corners in with seats.

March 21, 2017, 04:05:16 AM
Reply #988

Gash

Global Moderator

You can still fill in the corners without having to make it a bowl.

March 21, 2017, 04:11:07 AM
Reply #989

D15TIN

Dan Meis hashtagged an image from the derby this season on his twitter account, reading " #NoColumnsIntheBowl "

I love Dortmunds ground as somebodys just mentioned, if we could get it anywhere near that it'd be amazing, there isnt really a Blue wall anywhere is there? ;)