August 12, 2020, 09:58:02 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 584174 times)

October 09, 2019, 05:01:07 PM
Reply #60

Makis

Some sad Kopites coming up with all kinds of rumours, this included.

December 24, 2019, 04:56:31 AM
Reply #61

Makis

I know it's been said numerous times before, but it deffo needs to be more than 52k. It looks absolutely stunning though
Doesn't really matter. Couple of thousand more would cost more and they don't actually produce that much money. They would be high up so wouldn't be the most expensive ones. Say, 40 a pop. So a thousand spectators would mean 40k per match and over the season less than million. So say it was 5k bigger, that would increase gates by about 4m but then you have to consider how much more the stadium would cost. As Meis said, the last seats are always the most expensive. So the returns diminishes as you make it bigger.

But that's expecting full house every match for ever. What if the weather's bad or the opponents don't make your heart race? And if you can get tickets from the gates, how many would not buy a season ticket?

December 28, 2019, 12:28:00 AM
Reply #62

Makis

Usmanov would be amazing! Wed literally be challenging at the very top end of England and Europe with top quality world class players.

Too good to happen to us lot I recon unfortunately.

Think he would of been on board already if it was planned to happen.
He still can't circumvent FFP.

January 15, 2020, 06:10:45 PM
Reply #63

Makis

That's the plan because if there were plenty of tickets available on the day a lot of people wouldn't bother with season tickets.

January 15, 2020, 07:12:58 PM
Reply #64

Makis

Adult season ticket: 30/match
Adult matchday ticket: 35-49/match

Seems to me that you'd like to increase the amount of single matchday ticket purchases.

It's reasonably sensible to create that demand and guarantee season ticket sales with a lower capacity. And obviously those last 3-10k seats would be the most expensive to build. I'm just curious on their calculations and what the breakdown will be. Feels to me that with a 52k capacity we'll:

1) Be disappointing a few people on the waiting list if uptake is high
and more importantly, 2)  reach a bottleneck where there aren't actually enough tickets available for later generations of young fans to actually become season ticket holders
Yes, if you actually can sell that many tickets on the day. But if that's the case wouldn't the logical conclusion be to scrap season tickets altogether?

The problem from the club's point-of-view is that people probably wouldn't go to all 19 league matches and however many cup matches there are every season if they had to pay separately for each. WIth a season ticket they effectively do even if they can't make it to some games. So currently they are guaranteed to sell 31000 tickets for every home match. That's why they sell them cheaper than what they would cost bought separately.