August 20, 2019, 09:19:39 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 445876 times)

March 21, 2017, 04:14:34 AM
Reply #990

Cozzie

Bowls make sense because they increase seating in the corners. 4 main stands lose out on thousands of seats

Haha. I love when you joke around Con.

March 21, 2017, 04:17:16 AM
Reply #991

Thornton_19

Dan Meis hashtagged an image from the derby this season on his twitter account, reading " #NoColumnsIntheBowl "

I love Dortmunds ground as somebodys just mentioned, if we could get it anywhere near that it'd be amazing, there isnt really a Blue wall anywhere is there? ;)
He also responded to somebody saying that his uses bowl as a generic name for stadium. He seems to be well aware what Everton fans want.

March 21, 2017, 04:21:57 AM
Reply #992

pedrotheblue

As has already been said you can have "individual" stands and  fill the corners, see Dortmund and Old Trafford.  The priority has to be a stadium that helps generate and reverberate a ferocious atmosphere inside the ground, we're going to be in there for the next god knows how many years, so we need to get that right above all else.

March 21, 2017, 04:22:06 AM
Reply #993

efcforlife

No one said it was feasible, I just said it'd be cool!

Calm down tiger.. no ones laughing at you.

I'm laughing at the story

March 21, 2017, 04:27:03 AM
Reply #994

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Soccer City is kind of a bowl but you pretty close to the action. Awesome atmosphere, lots of noise. Fantastic noise. mind you it does seat close to 100 000

Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

March 21, 2017, 04:28:33 AM
Reply #995

efcforlife

Hope so. It looks nice but isn't all that. Id like our stands to be steeper giving a more compact feel, that appears quite flat

Are you messing?

The stands are super close to the pitch.

March 21, 2017, 04:32:22 AM
Reply #996

bluenuck

Soccer City is kind of a bowl but you pretty close to the action. Awesome atmosphere, lots of noise. Fantastic noise. mind you it does seat close to 100 000

But Newlands is better, no?

March 21, 2017, 04:36:26 AM
Reply #997

efcforlife

If I could pick exactly how I don't want a stadium to be it would that one.

March 21, 2017, 04:38:10 AM
Reply #998

Gash

Global Moderator

Stands still look quite far away, especially the side ones. I'd want to see the front row of the stands where the advertising hoardings are in the photo.

March 21, 2017, 04:41:08 AM
Reply #999

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Bowls make sense because they increase seating in the corners. 4 main stands lose out on thousands of seats

San Siro manages it ok.

"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

March 21, 2017, 05:00:31 AM
Reply #1000

keiko

it won't be like dortmund's stadium as there is no connection visually between that and liverpool's docks. placing a copy of that one would look bad, also, why hire a world-class stadium designer if we want that?
the design will come from the conceptualization of many details of the site. the land, the water, the history of the area/club/city, the architecture, the local materials and the special requirements of the location.  a dock stadium is naturally going to be more "different' than a stadium on a flat inner-city field or a industrial estate- although any location carries it's own unique features. water will be a main theme.
it's best to think of it as not "a stadium on the dock" i.e a generic design placed on a location with little connection to its surroundings, but as a "dock stadium"- a stadium that has had every element specifically tailored for where it will be.
look at previous dan meis designs, some are in the desert, the pay homage to that, others are in downtown L.A- and you can tell. every design is totally different from eachother, each incorporates it's environment heavily into its design. there are few running themes in his work.

everyone can come up with a concept that they would find fitting, the good thing is that dan meis will come up with something better than everyone else. if it is "bowl", then that's his interpretation, so ill be happy. do i think it will be bowl-like? no, i can't see any correlation between a bowl and the site, but it;s not my job to do that. he tweeted saying it's "intimidating" and respects Goodison history, no doubt it will be highly modern with juxtaposition of the past. and it will definitely fit well next to the mersey, that's the whole point of it.

March 21, 2017, 05:01:12 AM
Reply #1001

Ross

Bowl or not I think one of the main criteria that should be the considered in the design is a safe standing area/stand.

It'll be coming back sooner rather than later and for it to be effective in a new build it'll need to be designed into the stadium now rather than an ad hoc renovation in 5/10 years time.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

March 21, 2017, 05:10:11 AM
Reply #1002

Ramjam

San Siro manages it ok.

That looks great and that's why I would prefer
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

March 21, 2017, 05:17:04 AM
Reply #1003

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Stands super close to the pitch really is essential for us I think

50,000 ish

No running track

Preferably not a bowl shape

Would have thought that most blues would be happy as long as these are kept to

Also name wise if there is a sponsor it would be nice to be for a product/business that we all like!

Also I hope they let that nice man take his megaphone in with him
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

March 21, 2017, 05:17:18 AM
Reply #1004

ally2

Yeah a rounded rectangle like that would be great. When it's all connected like that though it's hard to insert a single tier somewhere. Kind of has to be multi tier all the way around.