August 22, 2019, 09:35:33 AM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 448807 times)

March 21, 2017, 09:59:13 PM
Reply #1065

Macca77

So he's spat his dummy out because the shite were not informed that the land on Bramley Moor was available?

March 21, 2017, 09:59:27 PM
Reply #1066

Cozzie

This is the one Meis is building for Roma.

http://www.meisstudio.com/work/#/stadiodellaroma/

It is a bowl but inside I have to admit I like the look of it.

March 21, 2017, 09:59:34 PM
Reply #1067

BlueBeagle

exclusive first pics

Vast improvement on Destination Kirkby at least

March 21, 2017, 09:59:52 PM
Reply #1068

Cozzie

So he's spat his dummy out because the shite were not informed that the land on Bramley Moor was available?

Apparently so, we should send him our transfer list as well, just in case Klopp wants to sign any of them!

March 21, 2017, 10:01:19 PM
Reply #1069

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Think he's done it as a bowl to resemble the Coliseum.

I presume that sort of thinking will influence what ours will look like.

March 21, 2017, 10:01:52 PM
Reply #1070

Macca77

This is sensational, roll on Thursday, there's a lot of banter to be had, next game at their place as well.

March 21, 2017, 10:03:10 PM
Reply #1071

Cozzie

Think he's done it as a bowl to resemble the Coliseum.

I presume that sort of thinking will influence what ours will look like.

This is what I was thinking too. Meis work generally consists around heritage and history of what he is building it for, he has even mentioned this in some of his tweets.

I think it will fit in with how the area around it looks, it will have a lot of character and wont look like anything you will have seen before. It will blend in with the rest of the Liverpool skyline as part of the regeneration of the area as well, I think Meis will take in every aspect of our history and come up with something special.

March 21, 2017, 10:07:43 PM
Reply #1072

Hawkandro

I am not getting my hopes up. Not getting carried away for Thursday.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

March 21, 2017, 10:11:34 PM
Reply #1073

Bobbyconrad

He forgets to mention that we were rejected planning permission to build a stadium on Stanley park in the 90's but Liverpool were allowed and we were not consulted (both when the city was conveniently under the mayorship of a liverpool fan). the only history they can remember is 5 times and thats because its the highest number they can count to. 

March 21, 2017, 10:16:27 PM
Reply #1074

keiko

It is a great design, basing it on the colosseum may seem like an easy decision but why not! the colosseum is a  masterpiece afterall.

the budget available to meis for our stadium will obviously be vital in the design specifications and stadium capabilities. I was reading about the Doha Sports City Stadium for the world cup which the meis design won, it had an unlimited budget! His design ended up at 1.6 billion... although it is heavily designed for multi-purpose use and not like a traditional football stadium whatsoever. It is  amazing and has some unbelievable features and a design totally at fitting to its location and culture.

http://www.meisstudio.com/sport-city/

Everton obviously are not in the same galaxy in regard to a budget. But the process will still be about finding a good balance between an excellent purpose built football stadium that is still an arena which can be used all year, but fitting within the smaller budget. That does not  mean a running track around it, though. It could mean 100 different things in both the interior and exterior, and maximizing it's use is not a negative, with good design it is something that enhances the building even on match days adding to the overall experience.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 10:21:59 PM by keiko »

March 21, 2017, 10:18:50 PM
Reply #1075

BlueBeagle

Wise you are my friend

March 21, 2017, 10:31:29 PM
Reply #1076

Bluebridge

Can we have a triangle? Fucking love triangles me
And we could give naming rights to Dairylea !

March 21, 2017, 10:39:02 PM
Reply #1077

Cozzie

And we could give naming rights to Dairylea !

Or grow the grass really long and call it the "Furry Triangle"

March 21, 2017, 10:40:29 PM
Reply #1078

Alanvideo

...........neither am I . Cancelled my gym and hairdo appointments ,ordered 2 cases of Stella and a tray of pies. Not leaving the house. Normal day really. 
We are special ,we are Everton.

March 21, 2017, 10:45:32 PM
Reply #1079

blob

exclusive first pics

stole my meccano design from 50 years ago.

it was also a shit idea then...